Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - Chapter 12

Axel is back on his bike and ready for another adventure.

Chapter 12 - Chapter 12

Chapter 12 - Chapter 12
HEARTLESS HUNTER AXEL II:
THE 7 REALMS OF KING RIKU
(A/N: Seraphine appears courtesy of Saveena-001.)


-Chapter 12: Test Of The Water Mage 2: Demyx’s Trial-

Demyx was awakened after a couple of hours. A tribeswoman was crouching beside him. Her eyes were marked in the same way as the tribal elder’s, but she was much younger.

“I’m Hisochiko,” she said. “I am the granddaughter of the tribal elder. He has asked me to tell you that it is time for you to begin your test.”

Demyx got up from the mat, which he realized was what the weaver woman had been making. He followed Hisochiko a cave where the tribal elder and Kasai were awaiting him. The cave seemed normal enough.

“You must enter the cave and bring me one of the rubies from the rear wall for my granddaughter’s necklace,” Hisochi told Demyx. “Do this, and you will be given a portion of ethereal fire for Axel. Fail, and you will not live to see him die.”

Demyx stepped forward toward the cave. But before he could enter, a wall of fire rose up before him. Just beyond it, another rose a little bit later. Demyx watched them for a few minutes, then he realized that they must rise and fall in a pattern. If he could work out the pattern, he could achieve his goal. He watched and timed each flare up, until he was sure he knew when each fire would arise.

He moved forward, timing his steps until he was at the mouth of the cave. He wouldn’t have time to stop between flare ups. The firewalls rose up too fast for that. He would simply have to slow down and speed up in time with them and hope for the best. When the first wall of flames lowered, he began to run. He made it through until he reached the last wall. It flared up before he could pass through. There was nothing for it but to dive through the flames and hope that his speed through them would be enough to prevent him from being burned alive.

He made it through a bit singed but alive. The rubies were embedded in the wall. He selected one and removed it from the wall. As he did so, the walls of flame all rose up simultaneously. He waited for them to lower, but they did not. Realizing that there was no way out but to run through each wall of flame and hope for the best, he drew a breath and steeled himself for the dangerous run back out of the cave. Nodding to himself, he ran as fast he could through each wall of flame, fearing with each passage that he would be set alight.

Somehow, he passed through with only minor burns.

The tribal elder nodded approvingly as Demyx handed him the ruby. “Well done.”
He motioned for Demyx to follow him.

Demyx followed him back to the temple.

“Great Kajikaze,” Hisochi beseeched the statue. “This outsider has completed the trial set before him. Please grant him a portion of the ethereal fire.”

He closed his eyes in prayer. A moment later, he opened a hidden door in the floor of the temple and descended into it. Demyx realized that he was not meant to follow and awaited his return.

Several minutes later, the tribal elder returned with a clear ball within which danced flames which seemed almost transparent one moment, then brilliant red the next.

“Take this to Axel,” he told Demyx. “This will cure him. When he is cured, tell him he must return to the tribe. The outside world is no place for a Kajizuko.”

Demyx thanked the tribal elder for the ethereal flame, and began his journey back to Riku’s castle.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment