Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 01

The continuation of Axel's and Demyx's adventures

Chapter 1 - Chapter 01

Chapter 1 - Chapter 01
HEARTLESS HUNTER AXEL II
BOOK II


Demyx threw up for the tenth time that week and returned to bed. The whole business with the cave of fire had left him feeling a bit sick. He was very sensitive to heat and only the adrenaline rush of having to save Axel had kept him from feeling it during his mission. Now, with the fire mage feeling better, his body had finally succumbed to the combination of heat and exhaustion.

It would be a while before he felt better. Until then, he would lie low and hope that the others didn’t have too much work for him to do.

He was glad that Axel would not be leaving him. That fear had plagued him during the entire journey home. True, it had been a quick journey, but the concern had existed nonetheless. At least that worry would be there to exacerbate things.

Axel walked into the room and sat at the edge of the bed. “How’re you feeling, Dem?”

“As well as can be expected,” Demyx admitted. “I just threw up again.”

“Perhaps we should have you looked at,” Axel suggested. “You should have stopped being sick by now. It’s been almost a week since you were subjected to all that heat. There’s no way you can still be sick from that, no matter how sensitive you are.”

“I don’t want people poking and prodding me,” Demyx pouted.

“And I don’t want you to be sick anymore,” Axel told him. “So I think its best that you put up with a little poking and prodding. It’ll only take a few minutes.”

“Fine,” Demyx gave in. “But I’m only doing this for you.”

Axel accompanied Demyx to the infirmary.

“He’s still feeling sick,” he told the doctor.

“Well, let’s have a look at you, then, shall we?” the doctor said, to Demyx. “Hop on up here,” he indicated the table.

Demyx got up reluctantly and looked over at Axel with eyes that clearly said that he did not want to be there.

The doctor examined Demyx carefully. “So, why don’t you tell me what you’re feeling?” he asked.

“I can feel heat,” Demyx told her. “Especially in my abdomen. It almost feels like I’ve been set on fire, except that the heat isn’t so- sharp.”

“Hm, this is interesting,” the doctor mused as he continued his examination. “It looks as though somehow your body has been affected by the ethereal flame.”

“Will it kill him?” Axel asked, worriedly.

“Not likely,” the doctor assured him. “It seems to be manifesting itself in human form. In other words, Demyx here is effectively pregnant.”

Axel stared at Demyx. Was he becoming the vessel for Kajikaze’s return? If so, it was his duty to inform the tribe. But if they discovered that Demyx was a water mage...

“So, what do I do?” Demyx asked.

“Just get as much rest as you can,” the doctor suggested. “You should be fine, but as you’re a water mage, the heat from your pregnancy is going to wear you down considerably at the very least. I don’t want you to overexert yourself.”

Demyx sighed as he hopped down from the examining table. He just wanted to get back to bed and sleep for a hundred years.

“I’d like you to remain in the infirmary,” the doctor told him. “At least until we determine how your body is going to react to this pregnancy.”

“I’ll inform King Riku,” Axel told him as they walked into the bedroom that the doctor had chosen for Demyx. “He’ll need a new messenger until Demyx has the baby.”

Demyx disappeared into the bathroom, returning a few minutes later dressed in a hospital gown. He climbed into bed and lie there as Axel tucked him in.

“Sleep well, Dem,” the fire mage said, quietly.

“Mm hm,” Demyx muttered as he placed his hands protectively over his abdomen and drifted off to sleep.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment