Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - chapter 02

The continuation of Axel's and Demyx's adventures

Chapter 2 - chapter 02

Chapter 2 - chapter 02
HEARTLESS HUNTER AXEL II
BOOK II

CHAPTER 02

Axel walked into the throne room and bowed before King Riku. “Your majesty,” he said, so respectfully that Riku was sure that he was about to ask for something, “Demyx will be out of commission for a while. The doctor has suggested that you find a temporary replacement as your messenger.”

Riku considered this for a moment then turned to Sora. “Would you mind?”

“Not at all,” Sora agreed.

“What’s wrong with Demyx?” Riku asked.

“He’s expecting,” Axel replied.

“Well, congratulations,” Riku said, sounding pleased.

“It’s not mine,” Axel told him.

Riku raised an eyebrow. “You don’t mean that Demyx…”

“No! It’s not like that!” Axel gasped, realizing the implication behind his words. “It was a side-effect caused by carrying the ethereal flame.”

“Doesn’t that mean you’re pregnant, too?” Riku asked.

“No,” Axel shook his head. “My body was able to absorb the flame. Demyx is a water mage so his body couldn’t. I don’t know why it manifested itself the way it did.”

“You’re worried,” Riku observed.

“More like faced with a dilemma,” Axel admitted. “I’m obligated by tribal law to report this, since it’s possible that Demyx is carrying the reincarnation of Kajikaze. But if I do, it could very well endanger him. They would take offense at a water mage being the one chosen as the vessel for his return.”

“So, what are you going to do?” Riku asked.

“I’m a traitor either way,” Axel decided. “I’m going to protect Demyx. But that doesn’t mean I’m going to turn my back on my tribe. If it comes down to it, I’ll defend Demyx against them. But I still have to tell them about the baby.”

“Do what you have to, Axel,” Riku said, solemnly.

Axel bowed, then departed. Outside the castle, he jumped onto his motorcycle and sped through, reappearing in the middle of the Kajizuko village moments later.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment