Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - PROLOGUE

In Re' Jarl, magic is forbidden, and possession is punishable by death. Yet some secret villages still practise it, going out on raids to save those who have magic. After being shot, Meg the Sorceress is adopted by Gypsies, and a series of events beg

Chapter 1 - PROLOGUE

Chapter 1 - PROLOGUE
Bound lands forever more,
Islands linked to each separated shore.
The People, the Gathering, over one land they rule,
Magic means death for both the wise and the fool.
Land from land, one shall part,
One with courage, faith and heart.
The Rulers shall fall, under this leader’s hand,
While they have power and life, they shall heal the land...

In the age of Nobles, Maidens and Knights-In-Almost-Shining-Armour, times were beginning to change; magic and evil were linked into one meaning, and rejected from many of the civilizations in the realm of Re’ Jarl.Villages, towns and cities were bound to the law of the People and the Gathering, and when combined, known as the Rulers. Both were powerful groups of druids, but while the People handled political and mortal affairs like punishment and yearly harvesting, the Gathering dealt with the eradication of magic - and anyone who possessed it.The punishment for known or unknown possession, set by the People and supported by the Gathering, was to be put to death by burning at the stake like a common old-day witch, in Re’ Jarl’s capital city, Traceid. No one knew how the two groups had formed, but the citizens of Re’ Jarl followed the laws that had been declared, and gradually grew accustomed to the new ways of the People and the Hoarders. Well, most of them did.Some small, tucked away villages, far from the notice of anyone but themselves, held out from the Rulers, practicing their magic, then travelling around to the other villages and towns secretively, posing as travellers or such, and trying to save those who looked like they possessed magic, taking them away before the Gathering did. Such people who lived in these isolated communities were mages, sorcerers and sorceresses, witches, wizards and even angels and demons had joined, fearing for their lives.One such of these raids was soon to take place at the village Seinsya, one of the oldest landmarks in Re’ Jarl, and famous for Anakoe Forest, which was about a quarter of a mile away from the village, and contained some of the best game in the realm, and, the most species of half-creatures ever reported in one area.It was the day of the Full Moon, the time when Seinsya village was due to be searched for magic users, and, unknown to the raider, both People and Gathering armsmen were on the watch for trouble, and, magic…
***

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment