Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3 (boring titles)

a girl runs away from her abusing father and tries to find her place in the world and forget the past (includes an itsey bit of swearing) i kinda based Emily off of me but I am way wilder! :D I do not own anything about Xiaolin Showdown and I am not

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3 (boring titles)

Chapter 3 - Chapter 3 (boring titles)
Chapter 3.


Emily trudged along the wet road. ``Damn, Its cold.'' She shivered. She saw she was making footprints on the wet cement. ``I'll have to go through the woods.'' She thought, ``it will be even colder in there``. She left the side of the road and walked deep into the woods. Her faded black leather boots crunched on sticks as she walked. She began to hear, what she recognized as, voices. She quickly climbed into a tree and hoped whoever it was did not look up.


``Where do you think the Shen Gong Wu is?'' Emily looked down from her perch to see a group of four people walking about and a small green dragon pulling out a scroll and reading from it. ``Looks more like a lizard.'' Emily thought as the dragon began to read the scroll. ``Cats Paw.'' The dragon said. ``Its gives the wearer the instinct of a feline.'' ``So how do we find this ``Cat's Paw?'' asked the smallest one in the group. He was bald and short and yellow. And as Emily looked down at them she was reminded of an egg yolk. ``Yeah, Dojo, It could be anywhere. Just how big is it anyway?'' The boy with brown hair asked, turning toward the dragon. ``well, its as big as Cat's Paw, What did you think?'' The dragon, who Emily guessed was Dojo, said.
``ugh, Forget how big it is! Just find it! This forest is ruining my hair!'' The black haired girl said. ``This is like lookin for
For a needle in a hay stack.'' said the boy who was wearing a cowboy hat. They eventually moved off. Which was a good thing because Emily was about to fall off her branch. Just the she heard a whirring noise. A robot landed right where the group of people had been before. A pale boy with orange colored hair jumped down from the cockpit of the robot followed by a translucent spirit. ``great, more company.'' Emily thought, struggling to keep from falling.

Her legs dangled as she clung to the branch with her arms.
The boy and his ghostly companion were right under her now. ``Are you sure this is the right spot?'' The boy asked.

``Of course it is!'' The spirit hissed. ``I'm never wrong about where the Shen Gong Wu is!''

``Then why aren't those Xiaolin losers here? , You're old right? Maybe your Wu finding instincts are fading.'' The boy said. The spirit did not look happy at him. In fact she flew through him. The boy shuddered.

``You know I hate that!'' He yelled.

``silence! I know It is here! I can sense it!'' The spirit argued.

By this time Emily didn't really care if she fell on them because her arms felt as if they were being ripped from their sockets. Just then she saw something shine in the leafs. It was a small gold object shaped as a cat paw.




She slowly lifted one arm off the branch and reached for it.
Bad Move. Because now only one arm was keeping her from falling and she was unevenly shifting her weight by reaching for the golden cat paw. Her other arm couldn't hold her up any longer. She fell bringing the cat paw down with her. ``Oof!'' She had fallen on the boy, who now laid on his stomach and she lay on her stomach on top of him. The spirit seemed shocked at what had just happened, She floated there staring at the two of them. It was either that or she was staring at the golden cat paw that had just fallen next to Emily.

Emily quickly jumped backwards falling on her butt. ``oooh''
The boy moaned getting up and looking at the person who had knocked him over. Then he saw the cat paw next to her.

``I always knew girls would start falling for me one day'' He muttered, adjusting his spirally goggles that had gone lopsided when he was knocked over.

``JACK! The Cat Paw!'' The spirit exclaimed. He looked at the golden object next to the girl.

``That tiny thing?'' the boy asked.

Emily picked up the golden object and stood up. ``Um.. Sorry.'' She said, she was embarrassed. After all she had just practically flattened him. She held out the Cat Paw.
The spirit studied her for a second. The boy, Who Emily guessed was Jack held out his hand to take it. The spirit flew in front of Jack's face. ``Aren't you going to thank her? You wouldn't have found it on your own!'' The spirit scolded him. ``Um.. Yeah.. Thanks..'' Jack said looking down. He was somewhat embarrassed. The spirit, Wuya, began talking to Emily. Asking her questions and such. Jack studied Emily. He had never really been around a girl before. The only other girl he had been around was Kimiko.
And the only reason he knew her was because she was a Xiaolin Warrior and they fought a couple times in a Xiaolin Showdown. ``So what is your name?'' Wuya asked. Thoughts flooded Emily's mind. I shouldn't tell them my name. Then it would be easier for him to find me. ``I can't say'' Emily replied quietly. ``I should be going. Sorry to bother you..'' Emily turned and walked quickly away.

``Peculiar..'' Wuya said. Jack stared after her.




``Why do you think she couldn't tell us her name?'' He asked.

``Either she doesn't trust us or she is running from someone.'' Wuya said. ``But she gave us the Cat Paw, so I think she is trying to escape someone..''

Wuya turned and floated back to the robot. ``Jack! Come, before the Xiaolin Warriors do!''

``Yeah, okay.'' Jack said looking one last time at where the girl had walked off, before joining Wuya back in the robot and flying back to his mansion.



Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment