Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - A friend ship to die for

just a story

Chapter 1 - A friend ship to die for

Chapter 1 - A friend ship to die for
Forever Friends

Maria Smart

My name is Katherine Jones, when you hear that name dont go picturing a girl with a beautiful body or brown hair. I am like any other nerd in the world excluding the glasses. My old school I was an outcast a total geek, but when I moved one girl changed my life forever. She was a total pal when ever I was trying to fit in or when I would make a complete fool out of my self. Her name was Margaret Winchester. Now when you think of that name you think of a geek with stringy blond hair, dont you. But she was the exact opposite she was this skinny little thing with curly blond hair. She was pretty, popular and has had more boyfriends than I have had friends. This is our story.

It was the middle of the sixth grade year; I had shown up on a skateboard doing tricks while everyone watched in awe. When I got off my skateboard every kid in sight clapped. Then this guy stepped out of the crowed with Margaret.
Gnarly tricks dude, he exclaimed to me, You have to teach me some of those one day.
Hi I am Margaret; this is Joshua, welcome to Berkley Middle. Youre going to love it here. If you want I can give you a tour of the school, Margaret said to me.
All of a sudden a snobby Barbie clone came up behind Margaret and started yelling at me. Margaret later told me that her name was Leah Arenas. She was yelling like there would be no tomorrow although I couldnt hear her, I was to busy talking to Margaret and Joshua. We found out that we had every class together even probe.
Every day we would eat lunch together and pass notes in class. They were my first real friends. Then came time for the Valentines Formal I was afraid that no one would ask me but once again Margaret came to the rescue she said that Joshua could take both of us and we could go out for ice cream later. But the dance was horrid Leah was there to make fun of any geeks she said but Joshua and I were the only ones who were considered geeks. At one point we got so fed up with her that we went to get ice cream early. It was so weird when we ordered we all got the same thing, Almond Lovers Dream.
It was like the three of us were soul mates. We went everywhere together. We were the best of friends. Then the end of sixth grade came and hit us with a bang. We realized that we would not see each other for weeks. The thought was unthinkable that we would not be with each other for a whole ten weeks.


Just like that it was the beginning of the seventh grade and people were reuniting. Margaret and Joshua had grown both in maturity and in their physical features. Joshua was starting a beard and Margaret was almost four inches taller than me. We were still the best of friends though.
The year started out fine Leah Arenas had moved away and her posse was helpless. We had a fun time but did not have as many classes together. We went to the Fall Ball and the Snowball together. Then Margaret told me something wonderful that I thought would never happen, my one crush Joshua actually liked me. We started to go out and I got my first kiss! I would never forget that one special favor that Margaret did for me.
Yet in the middle of the year my best friend Margaret was diagnosed with cancer. She lost all of her beautiful hair in chemotherapy. She was as scared as Joshua and I were. Every day we would bring her flowers and movies hoping that laughter really is the best medicine. We gave her Christmas gifts and threw her a party for new years and every thing that we could do.
Finally the day came when the doctors said she would finally die it was a miracle because she lived for a few more weeks. Margarets parents decided to pull the plug on her life and put her out of her misery. The day was January 12, 2006. She died a week later on 1/19/06; there was a memorial service on the twenty-first. On that day when we went home Margarets mom was there with a box. It turned out to be the box that we kept all of our secret stuff in.
Margaret wanted you to have this once she died, she said, There is a note in it that I didnt read. She loved you like a sister Katherine she really did.
I took the box up to my room and opened it there was everything that we would play with; the little skateboards, the beads, the fake gun, it was all there. Then I stumbled across a note that read:

Katherine,

I have only known you for a year but it is like you are my sister or something. If you are reading this I am probably dead but I want to let you know that I am watching over you until you die. Dont cry it will start raining because I will start to sob dreadfully. I will promise you one thing you will get asked to the prom and you will get married to the one guy you have a crush on; Joshua. You will have beautiful children and grow old together. I will watch over you forever. I loved you.

Margaret
I put the box away and put the note in my dresser. I tried to refrain from crying but I couldnt and just as Margaret said it did start raining.

Margaret taught me that life is short so live it to the fullest. If you dont act now when will you act? Margaret showed me that it does not matter if you are a geek or popular you can still shine in your own way. When she walked up to me on that first day I thought she was going to make fun of me but it turned out that she was just trying to make friends. You might think that this is a sad story but for me it has been a new beginning. Margaret taught me that you should be you and not Barbie or Tony Hawk just you. Shine on your own dont steal someone elses shine. Anyone who reads this should benefit from my experience.
Dedicated to Kendra Lewis






I didnt know your name
I thought you had great fame
You asked how I was
And where I came from
You saw right through me
And I just wanted in
You thought I was cool
Both inside and out
You let my heart and soul in to your heart
And oh the fun we had
It made us so glad
You touched my heart
When you showed me your art
You were my sister and I was yours
Why did you have to die?
Why oh why?

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

drakestshadow_x on September 11, 2006, 9:46:20 PM

drakestshadow_x on
drakestshadow_xi have read this before......

sapphirestar7789 on September 11, 2006, 12:44:57 PM

sapphirestar7789 on
sapphirestar7789umm...