Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - More Disappearances

Rewritten, spell checked, and scab labourer free! Nazz throws a slumber party out in the woods, but some uninvited visitors come to ruin it. Reviews are appreciated!

Chapter 2 - More Disappearances

Chapter 2 - More Disappearances
The Night of the Living Ed
Chapter 2

"Kevin and Rolf..." Double D trailed off. The tent door opened and two girls were standing outside in the rain.
"Was that Kevin and Rolf, guys?" asked Nazz, with a worried expression on her face. Jonny nodded his head.
"Um, could we come in, it...wet out here," asked Sarah.
"Sure, Sarah!" said Jimmy, moving the boys away from the door so the two could walk in. The two girls sat down.
"Here, you look cold," said Double D, offering the girls a blanket.
"Thanks, Double D," said Sarah. No one talked for the next few seconds until Nazz asked, "Do you think Kevin and Rolf are alright?" Jimmy and Jonny shrugged. With Rolf in the Urban Rangers, they were pretty confident, but alone, they weren't much of a team.
Ed suddenly gasped. "Maybe the belly button eater got them!"
"Ed, there's no such thing as monsters," said Eddy, rolling his eyes.
"I have told you over and over again and again, Ed, those monster movies of yours are going to rot your brain like an old expired banana," said Double D.
"Quack?"
"Yeah..." Eddy started.
"What if there really is something out there, you guys?" asked Nazz.
"Impossible, Nazz. there are absolutely no such thing as monsters," said Double D.
"Well, you didn't seem that confident earlier," Nazz replied.
"Look!" Eddy interrupted before the arguement could go any farther."They probably ran home because of the rain, ok? They're fine."
"Then why'd they scream, Eddy?" Ed challenged.
"Maybe they slipped and fell down a hill or tripped over a log," suggested Jonny, looking to the left and to the right as if he had lost something.
"Maybe the lizard man got them," Eddy muttered, smirking. Ed gasped and started backing away from Double D.
"Lizard Man?" Ed exclaimed, crawling back towards him, grabbing him by the shoulders, and started shaking him violently.
"What did you do to Kevin and Rolf!"
"I sw-wear, E-Ed, it w-wasn't m-me!" Double D stuttered between shakes. Eddy grabbed Ed off Double D, but Ed clung onto Eddy.
"Get off!" said Eddy as he threw Ed off onto Sarah.
"Ha, ha, hello loveable baby sister, he, he..." said Ed as Sarah punched him in the nose and threw him, almost knocking down the tent.
"I told you to never touch me again!"
"Ow," said Ed, looking around vaguely. "What was I doing?" Everyone looked at him for a minute.
"Um, its almost midnight, why don't we go to bed. I'm tired," Jimmy said after glancing at Double D's watch.
"Hey, look guys, it stopped raining," said Nazz. All the kids peeked out of the tent except Jonny who continuedlooking around for something.
"Plank! PLANK?" he cried out. He climbed out of the tent and ran into the woods from where he came calling for Plank.
"Grr...JONNY! GET BACK HERE!" ordered Sarah loudly. The kids chased after him in the woods until he finally ran into him and Plank. They started heading back towards the tents when Jimmy tripped over something.
"Ow...What's this...a horseshoe?" said Jimmy, holding it up for the rest to see.
"Look guys, its Kevin's hat!" exclaimed Nazz, pointing towards it.
"I don't want my bones extracted from my body, Eddy!" proclaimed Ed, his hair standing six times taller than it's usual.
"Relax Ed," said Eddy, rolling his eyes again. Jimmy shieked and ran away. Sarah ran after him. Nazz grabbed the horseshoe and the hat, and the rest of the kids ran after them.

The kids all tried to go to sleep in the tent, trying to believe Kevin and Rolf ran home, but why would they leave their belongings in the woods? Kevin never went anywhere without his hat - if he could prevent it - and Rolf's family gave the oldest male child of the family a lucky horseshoe which is considered sacred, or at least that's what Double D read in his culture book. Jonny woke up suddenly, well if he was sleeping in the first place. He had heard banging outside. He opened the tent door since he was closest and peered outside. There was defently someone or something out there.
"Let me in!" the voice of a boy exclaimed, scrambling into the tent.
"KEVIN?" asked Jonny. Kevin covered Jonny's mouth and put a finger up to his own.
"Shh, what are you, stupid? They might hear," Kevin warned.
"Who?" Jonny whispered.
"The Kanker Sisters!"
"The Kankers? What are they doing out at a time like this?" asked Jonny.
"Searching for the Eds, thats what."
Jonny looked over to where the Eds were sleeping and then looked back at Kevin. "Should we wake them?" Ed started to roll around from left to right and suddenly shot up. "Good morning, mom," he said," hey, your not my mom...KEVIN?"
"Shut up, dork."
"You know, Ed, some of us are actually trying to get to sleep," replied Eddy, growling at him angrily from under his sleeping bag.
"Eddy, Kevin's here!" said Ed as he started shaking Eddy. Eddy rolled over and looked at him, clearly still half asleep.
"Kevin's at home, Ed."
"No, look." Ed turned Eddy's head toward the tent entrance. Eddy's eye's got wider. Kevin sat before him. His face had tiny cuts in it, and he had a tear in his clothes. His hair was full of very small twigs, and he looked as he had run a marathon. "W-w-what are you doing here? What happened to you?"
"Oh, Rolf and I met up with the Kankers, and I'm hiding from them now."
"The Kankers! What the heck are they up to now?"
"They're planning to capture you three," said Kevin, referring to the Eds. Eddy slowly turned his head toward his other friend who was still asleep. "Double D?" he managed to squeak. Double D groaned softly, rubbed his eyes, and then opened them half way.
"Kevin's got something to tell you," Eddy said.
At that, Double D was wide awake, staring at Kevin, awaiting the news.
"Nice of you to finally join us, Double Dreeb," said Kevin. "The Kanker Sisters heard all about Nazz's sleepover, and are out in the woods looking for you three."
"The Kankers! How do they know about Nazz's sleepover?" he squeaked so high, it was barely audible.
"You think I know?"
Double D was quiet for the next minute, trying to piece the puzzle together and collect his words.
"Fine then, Kevin, I suppose Ed and Eddy and I will be leaving so the rest of you can have a good and hopefully enjoyable night sleep without us three being a burden to you all," said Double D, standing up in the small space.
"Oh, come on, Sockhead, the first time we're ever invited to something-"
"Remember that hide-and go-speak game we played? We were invited then," Ed corrected.
"Shut up, Lumpy, I'm trying to make a point here," Eddy told Ed. Double D smirked. "Second time we're invited to something, and you have to go and take the fun out of it!"
"I was only concerned about the wellfare of the rest of the kids, Eddy," Double D said.
"Oh, don't even go and start with the vocabulary, Sockhead," Eddy complained.
"What I'm trying to get to is-"
"Honestly, you guys don't have to leave," Nazz interrupted, crawling towards them.
"Your awake, Nazz?" Ed asked.
"This whole time, Ed," Nazz answered.
"So you know about the Kankers?" asked Kevin.
"Yep," replied Nazz, handing him back his hat, "and you, well, I really see no need in having you leave either, not with them running around. Besides, Double D's got that first aid kit, right?"
"Jimmy? JIMMY! You guys, Jimmy's missing now, too!" shieked the now awake Sarah.
"What are you talking about, Sarah? He's right here sleeping..." Nazz stopped. Jimmy was not in his sleeping bag. The kids started calling out his name.

Flashback, 1:42a.m.
It was drizzling outside. Jimmy woke up. He had to go to the bathroom really bad now. He went outside of the tent to go. When he was done, he started back for the tent, but got lost. He walked around for ten minutes before he came to the Trailer Park.
"Oh no, Sar-" Jimmy was cut off. May and Marie wrapped a red hankerchief around his mouth, laughing.
"We know exactly what to do with you," said Lee as the three laughed together.

Flashfoward, 2:11a.m
"Plank says he thinks that the Kankers got him, too," said Jonny.
"I ain't listening to no floorboard, Jonny," said Kevin.
"I must agree with Plank, Kevin. Like he stated earlier, from what Jonny tells us anyway, using others as bait to get the three of us there is quite ingenious and sensable plan for them," said Double D.
"Shut up, nerdo," addressed Kevin.
"You know they're both right, though, Kev, both Double D and, well, Plank," said Nazz, giving the piece of wood a odd glance.
"So, what do we do now? Rescue Rolf and Jimmy and put ourselves in danger, especially the Eds, or hope that they're lucky enough to get away like Kevin, putting them in a worse situation?"
Everyone was surprised to hear the blonde talk this intellegently, considering how she could act sometimes.
Sarah started to fidgitly move around. "Come on, you guys, we can't just leave poor Jimmy with them," she finally said.
"Yeah, well what if we get caught, you think the punishment will be bad for you guys? Imagine ours," said Eddy.
"Look, we'll take a vote, who wants to go, who wants to stay," said Nazz. At the responce, she got three to go, three to stay with one vote left, hers.
"Well, I think we should go," she said, making the official score 4/3. All the kids started getting up, some moaning and complaining, except Sarah.
"Are you alright, Sarah?" asked Double D.
"I-I'm just scared what of what they might do to us."
"Me too. Also, I'm one of the Eds, so I should be twice as nervous. Come on, I'll walk with you," Double D offerred, pulling her up to her feet.
"Gee, thanks, Double D," said Sarah as the two walked out of the tent and into the full moon's light.
To be continuED...


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment