Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Drowning it Out

The story of Adiel and Kira.
Kira was an ordinary college student. She had good grades, friends, and a pretty face.
Adiel was a solitary half demon. He had a divided family and no friends.
They will fall in love

Chapter 2 - Drowning it Out

Chapter 2 - Drowning it Out
Roses of Blue

Drowning it out


Adiel continued his way down the sidewalk. Suddenly he remembered something. He looked around frantically. He saw two women walking toward him. Hey, lady, do you know what time it is? One of the women looked down at her watch. Oh, its 8:45. Adiel cursed loudly, DAMMIT! He darted down the sidewalk. The women looked at him oddly then went along on their way. Dammit, dammit, dammit! Adiel thought, Hes gonna kill me if Im late! Adiel was on his was to see Corik, King Corik. He enjoyed getting visits from Adiel. And, Adiel worked for him. Corik went berserk when Adiel failed to visit him. Corik claimed that his castle was lonely without Adiel around. Apparently his servants werent very good company.
Adiel kept running. He knocked over a few people and got a few curses mumbled at him. When he finally reached the castle, over 6 miles from where he was, a servant girl opened the gate and let him in. Master Adiel, it is nice to see you again. King Corik has been waiting, she said quietly.
Coriks ears perked up to the sound of the large doors opening. He looked up and smiled, glad to see Adiel. Well my pet, you were almost late& he said. Adiel bowed down in front of him. Im sorry sir, I got distracted on the way here, he muttered, not raising his head. Corik jumped off his large throne. Adiel my pet, you came here, and thats all that matters, he smirked. Adiel raised his head and stood up. He was taller and older than this master of his, but still, everyone feared Corik. Barely anyone even knew what he looked like, but still, they feared him greatly. Few knew of Adiels connection with him. Once in awhile Adiels father would see Corik to discuss matters of the country. But all the servants, the maids, and the armed forces knew that Corik preferred Adiel to everyone else.
Corik walked up to Adiel. He circled him. You have a strange look in your eyes. You look somewhat& happy. This is new. What exactly distracted you on your way here? Corik questioned. There was a girl moving to a dorm in college. She was struggling, so I helped her carry her bags there. Thats all, Adiel answered in a uniform way. Corik smiled, Oooh, alright. I understand. You can relax Adiel, Im not going to hurt you. Adiel lowered his shoulders a small bit. Corik chuckled a bit. Well, I have some matters to discuss with you. Come along now. We need to hurry.
After a few hours of discussing plans for a far out town. Adiel finally was allowed to leave. He walked to his favorite little coffee shop/ bar. His only friend, besides Corik, worked there. Adiel walked in. The little bells over the door jingled. Ah, Adiel! Nice ta see ya! his friend Den Rien spoke with a rich Irish accent. Adiel sat down at the bar in the front. Get me some liquor& But, Adiel! Ye rarely ever drink, why now!? Ya aint lookin so good, sure ya should be drinkin? Fine, then mix it in with some coffee& Adiel mumbled. Den Rien shrugged and got Adiel what he wanted. After about 4 mugs of alcohol infested coffee Adiel blurted, How do you hold onto things with those hooves of yours Denny? And dont people think its strange that a little pegasus boy in serving them coffee and tea? Den Rien sighed, Adiel, havent ya noticed that Im not the only pegasus boy in town? Its sorta a common thing ta not be human. If ya havent taken note of that. Adiel looked astonished. Ah, yar drunk again& Well, guess Id betta take ya home. Ill get someone to fill in fer me. Den Rien walked up to a fairy girl working cash register. He asked her to take over and she agreed. Den Rien stepped out from behind the counter and helped Adiel to his feet.
After about half an hour they reached Adiels apartment. Hey, Den Rien? Yah? Well, how come youre allowed to serve alcohol but youre still to young to drink it? Well& I dunno. They offered me a job, so I took it. Besides, pegasus years are different than a humans years. I thought ya knew that. He looked over to find Adiel already asleep on his couch. Well, hell be needin this in the mornin. Den Rien sat a container of pain reliever pills on the coffee table next to him&


Well, yes, another chapter finished!

Heres some more character profiles

Name: Corik
Age: 19 (will get older)
Height: 57
Weight: 122
Eye color: Icy blue
Hair color: Black
Hair length: A little below the shoulders
Personality: Psychotic, clingy, needy, is calm even when angry (most of the time), homicidal
Race: Humanoid wolf/shapeshifter


Name: Den Rien
Age: 17
Height: 53
Weight: 95
Eye color: Reddish-pink
Hair color: Magenta
Fur color: Bright green
Hair length: About 4 inches past shoulders
Features: Small pink wings, a long tail with magenta hair at the end, pink hooves, horse ears
Race: Pegasus boy

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

axelishot on November 17, 2006, 9:58:11 AM

axelishot on
axelishotso many squares?
wuts up wit it?

axelishot on December 16, 2006, 5:07:15 AM

axelishot on
axelishotoh. and this is great!^^

pookiebear on November 20, 2006, 6:53:24 AM

pookiebear on
pookiebear*faves* LOL i liked it XP