Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - "You Smell Nice"

The story of Adiel and Kira.
Kira was an ordinary college student. She had good grades, friends, and a pretty face.
Adiel was a solitary half demon. He had a divided family and no friends.
They will fall in love

Chapter 12 - "You Smell Nice"

Chapter 12 - "You Smell Nice"
Hmm, yes, I'm finally writing again, I had a bit of a writers block there, but, well, here I am. ENJOY!


Roses of Blue

"You Smell Nice"



Kira could see her breath as she stepped out into the chilly street, it was colder than the forecast had said. But, still, she smiled. Nothing could bring her down today. She walked down the sidewalk, she thought long a hard. This is where she had bumped into Adiel the first time. At first he was just a nice guy who helped her with her bags, but now, she was really starting to love him.

"C'mon Adiel, ya gotta look nice her yer date!" Den Rien exclaimed as Adiel continued to ignore him about clothing choices. "We're just going to the coffe shop...speaking of the shop, don't you work there today?" Adiel asked. Den froze. "Aw crap...!" he said, then rushed out the door. Adiel chuckled. He grabbed himself some black jeans, a grey teeshirt, and a black sweatshirt. He changed then looked at himself in the mirror. 'This is dressy enough....isn't it?' he asked himself. He shrugged and grabbed a scarf before heading out the door.
Adiel was soon at the coffee shop. He lived close so it didn't take him very long to get there. As he entered he saw Den Rien scrambling around taking orders and working the register. Den sneaked over to where Adiel was seated. "Thanks fer remindin me, I coulda lost my job!" Den claimed before getting back to his work. Adiel looked over as he heard the bell above the door ring. Kira stepped inside. She looked around then found Adiel. She smiled as she walked over to the table. "Hey!" she greeted. Adiel gave a small smile and said, "Hello." Kira sat down. "Wow its cold outside! BRRR!" she laughed. "Yes, it is a bit colder than I had expected." Adiel replied. Kira gazed around,"This is a really nice place...OH!" she spotted Den Rien,"Thats your friend isn't it? I didn't know he worked here!" "Oh, yeah, his mom is friends with the guy who owns this place." Adiel answered. They were silent for a moment. Kira was looking straight at Adiel. "You know...you sound like you have a little bit of an accent." she said. Adiel blushed,"Oh, um, yes, yes. My mother is French, I stayed with her in France for a few years when I was young, but then I moved here to live with my father." Kira paused,"Oh, so...your parent's are split up?""Yeah...they got a divorce when I was about 5... they had just started to hate each other. Now when I visit my mom I'm not even allowed to bring up my dad's name.""Thats horrible... it must have been really traumatic, seeing as you were so young." Adiel looked down,"I got used to it. They were always fighting. My dad had to sleep on the couch every night. My mom was always busy with work, and my dad was always busy with...other matters." Adiel frowned.
"Hey, whats with all the sad faces? Ya should be happy! Yer on a date for Pete's sake! ....so, what'll ya have?" Den asked, ready to fill out an order. "Um, I'll have a nice hot cup of vanilla coffee, decaf." Kira smiled. "I'll ha---...eh, you know what I like." Adiel said. Den Rien grinned happily. He skipped off and told the girl behind the counter about the orders. "He really is lively." Kira laughed. "Yeah, maybe alittle too much so." Adiel mumbled. "So, how did you meet him?" Kira asked. "Oh, when I was around 12 and he was about 7, I remember helping him onto the monkey bars at some park place." Kira laughed, "And you've been friends ever since?""Yup."
Den brought them thier coffee and quickly rushed off to another table. Kira inhaled,"Wow, smells great!" she said. She took a sip,"You know Adiel..."she said,"You smell nice" Adiel's face turned red. "Um, well, I guess its because I'm part demon. There's this weird thing, all demons around this area have this strange scent, it's known to be somewhat intoxicating. Hm, I don't know, that's what I've been told." he shrugged. "Wow, thats so cool! SO like, you can always smell good even if you're covered in mud and all sweaty!?""I guess.""COOL!" Kira smiled gleefully.

After a few hours of just sitting and talking in the coffee shop, the two finally had to part ways. Adiel went off toward his apartment and Kira walked off to some stores on the other side of town.
As Adiel walked up to his apartment he saw a familiar looking girl waiting around. It was one of Corik's maids. Adiel ran up to her, "What is it?" he asked. The maid was crying. "It's the king, sir! He's run off! He still isn't well, and it's so cold out, and, and." she was overcome with tears. Adiel tried to comfort her. "H, here..."she said, she handed Adiel a small folded up peice of paper,"I found it lying next to Corik's throne. Please, find him!" she pleaded. Adiel opened up the paper. It was a note for him. It read:

"Dear Adiel,
Hello my pet, one of my maids has probably come looking for you. All I have to say is... well, you'll find me at the place we first met, remember? 11 years ago, I was 7, you were 10. Hah, you know where I'm taking about.
Much love,
Corik"


Adiel crushed the letter in his hand. He quickly bolted down the street into the forest. He did know exactly where Corik was, he was worried. IfCorik was still sick, then the place he was headed probably would make fall even more ill. Adiel ran as fast as he possibly could...

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment