Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 22 - Remembering

The story of Adiel and Kira.
Kira was an ordinary college student. She had good grades, friends, and a pretty face.
Adiel was a solitary half demon. He had a divided family and no friends.
They will fall in love

Chapter 22 - Remembering

Chapter 22 - Remembering
Ho hum, yes, chapter 22......hmmm... yes...this is most likely gonna have more that 30 chapters...


Roses of Blue

Remembering



Scarlet and Kira continued to walk through the dark forest. Kira kept a tight grip on Scarlet's hand. She never really enjoyed going out when it was so dark. Scarlet had a smirk on his face. He truly loved the night. "Kira...?" he asked. "Hm? What is it?""Well, are you frightened of me?" Kira fliched a tad bit. "Well, I don't really know you all too well..." she muttered. Scarlet smiled,"You should be afraid of me." Kira was now very nervous,"Wh,why?" Scarlet chuckled,"I am a vampire." Kira let out a small scream before the red ahired vampire put his hand over her mouth,"Please, don't shout, I have sensative ears. I'm not going to hurt you, I just want you to be aware." he assured. Kira shivered in fear. "Come on, lets keep going." Scarlet said. Kira nodded slowly and began to walk.

Adiel shivered in the cold of the abandoned cathedral. He was feeling a bit nervous. He had never been through the whole place. He also didn't know what Corik had on his mind. Adiel knew that he was likely to be hurt even more. Adiel had somewhat ignored his injuries. They had by now gone numb from the searing pain they were emitting. He took a deep breath of the cold air and coninued onward.

After atleast an hour, Scarlet and Kira arrived at a giant cathedral. "Woah..." Kira said in awe, staring up at it. "Beautiful, isn't it?" Scarlet asked. "Yeah...but..why would Adiel come here?""Oh, I'm sure he has his reasons.""I just don't want him to be hurt...""He'll be fine. He is much tougher than he looks." Kira nodded,"Yeah, you're right." Scarlet began to walk up the steps,"Come now, we wouldn't want Adiel to get too far ahead now would we?" Kira shook her head,"Yeah, alright, lets go!"

Adiel somehow found himself in a narrow, yet long corridor. He knew there would be more traps. He looked to the walls. He could clearly see small holes, the size of mere needles. He then looked to the ground. There was a very faint shine of a string. He stepped over the string, still very cautious. Adiel was no fool, he wasn't someone to be tricked by small traps. As he walked down the hall he stopped when he heard a creaking when he stepped on a certain floorboard. He looked around and grabbed a torch off the wall. He blew it out and smashed it into the floorboard. He quickly pulled he hand away. Just as he did, a large spire fell from the ceiling and went straight through the metal torch. Adiel knew that there were probably many more traps. He easily got bored with things like these. His over-developed demon senses could point out a trap from feet away, whole a regular human wouldn't realize until it was too late. Adiel resolved to stay by the walls. There had to be a switch to deactivate traps. The militia would never be able to get through if the place was loaded with traps. Adiel ran his hand down the wall. He felt a small rising at one part. He looked to it. He felt it and ripped off a peice of wood covering it. There was a switch. Adiel flicked it down. He could hear noises going through the hall, the traps were deactivated. Adiel quickly ran to the other end of the hall. He didn't want to lsoe any time. He opened a door. It led into a meeting room. This whole place gave him the chills. He saw the tables and chairs that he remembered to be filled with business men and officials. He would come here with his father whenever a meeting was held. Adiel remembered the events perfectly.

Everyone sat around a large table. Adiel was now 14 years old, even though he was a teenager, he still enjoyed coming to meetings with his father. Adiel leaned his chair back. Some of the older officials looked at Adiel with distaste. They thought all teenagers were rebels and uncivilized. Corik sat across the table, he didn't look all that happy. It was his 12th birthday and he had to spend it in meetings all day. Adiel did feel bad for the young king. Corik's ears were low and his tail swung slowly under his chair. He seemed so out of it. Adiel knew that Corik acted like this at every birthday, but he couldn't help but be sad. Fainlly after 2 hours, the meeting was over. Corik was the last to stand up. His head was looking towards the ground and his tail dragged on the ground. Corik simply went and leaned on a wall. Adiel was the only one who stayed with him. "Corik? Are you ok?" Adiel asked. Corik looked up. His eyes were puffy and somewhat red. He had been crying. Adiel looked at him sadly. Adiel reached his arms out and embraced the younger boy. Corik was taken by surprise. But he let himself go. He started to cry into the half-demon's chest. "Th,thank you Adiel..." he sobbed. "Hm, Happy Birthday." Adiel smiled. Corik gave a very small smile as well. "I love you Adiel." Corik muttered. A voice was suddenly heard shouting, Ranz. "Come on Adiel! Time to go!" he shouted to his son. Adiel then asked,"Corik, are you gonna be alright?" Corik nodded. Adiel smiled and left the room.

Adiel let the memories flood his mind. He sighed and walked over to the door on the opposite side of the room. He knew where it led. He opened the door. There on the ground was a small puddle of a red liquid, blood. Adiel crouched down. There sitting next to the puddle was a small notecard. The corner of it was stained with the blood. Adiel read the note.

"For you my pet. I have spilled this blood for you. Please, come to me. Follow the blood. I don't want to getting hurt."

Adiel cursed out loud,"DAMMIT! Corik, why did you do this!?" he huffed angrily. He did as the note said though, he followed a path of dripping blood. He ended up going down an unfamiliar hall. The hall was dark. There were no torches lit on the walls. Adiel began to walk. This hall was uncommonly long. But he stopped when he felt the presence of a door. He reached out his arms and felt the wooden doorway.

Scarlet and Kira had found thier way down the steep stairs. At the bottom, Scarlet stopped Kira from going any further. She was puzzled at why he stopped. Scarlet reached out his arm. A large 'boom' echoed through the cathedral. An explosion on white energy was emmitted from Scarlet's hand. Kira jumped in surprise and grbbed onto Scarlet's arm. She looked through the hall. She saw blades and spears fall from the ceilings and walls. "What was that!?" she asked frantically. Scarlet turned to her and smiled,"We wouldn't want to be impaled by a falling spear now would we?" Kira shook her head,"Um..let's keep going..." Scarlet agreed and they continued...

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment