Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Dream

Sekumi, an 18 year old wolf hanyou, has been put apon with a major burden on her past. When she was ten Sekumi's family and village was slaughtered. Although her family was only an adoptive family it still stung hard. The scar on her left shoulder re

Chapter 2 - The Dream

Chapter 2 - The Dream


The new group had formed, Sekumi being the freshly added, although she had still failed to meet Kagome. Apparently, the group had been searching for her when Sekumi had come along. Demons had taken her after a long battle with Naraku. They told Sekumi about Kagome's ability to track the sacred jewel shards. Sekumi blinked looking at them.

“Sacred jewel shards?” she asked them still blinking in confusion.

Miroku nodded, “Yes…the sacred jewel shards, you have heard of them right?” he asked her. She shook her head and thus began the long story on the sacred shards Inuyasha and Shippo adding in there own comments on the stories. Sekumi nodded as she listened in and tried to catch up. All she really got from it was a priestess named Kikyo, who she had indeed had heard of, Naraku and some evil plan splitting the priestess and Inuyasha up killing Kikyo and pinning Inuyasha to a tree. She didn't get too much on what the shards actually were. She blinked a moment as she dug slowly into the bandages that covered her breasts pulling out a small vile within the vile 2 or 3 slightly glowing shard shown. She looked at them holding them out.

“You mean these?” she asked them holding it in her hand. Inuyasha quickly went to grab them from her, which he had just barely managed, “Hey give them back!” she growled out looking at him.

“Make me…” he hissed back at her. Sekumi's hands made tight fists as she looked at him.

“I don't make trash I burn it!” she yelled as she swiped them quickly back from him quickly, causing Inuyasha to stumble forward and hit face first on the ground, “I was asking you if they were the shards I wasn't offering them to you, mutt…never try to take something from me again…” she mumbled out putting them back to their original position. Inuyasha shot up growling looking at her.

“Did you not hear us?!” he asked her in an angry roar. Sekumi looked at him blinking a moment like she didn't care, “Well?!” he asked, “We need those!” he stated.

She crossed her arms over her chest looking at him, “You also need a bath, but I don't hear you yelling for that…” she growled out looking at him with a small smirk. Inuyasha growled looking at her.

“You stubborn wolf just hand them over you'll loose them if you don't!” he yelled; “I'll forcefully take them if you continue to refuse…” he threatened.

Sekumi shook her head turning her back to him continuing to walk down the path they had currently been put on, “Ok then...go ahead and try...” she said more then likely she didn't care if he tried. They all blinked looking at her before continuing to fallow after her. Inuyasha suppressing his anger which Shippo and Miroku both found weird.

Shippo ran up to her jumping onto her shoulder, “Sekumi is something wrong? You seemed to snap when Inuyasha took those shards from you…” he stated to her resting on her shoulder. Sekumi looked down a moment not saying anything for a moment before sighing putting a fake smile looking at him.

“No, Shippo, nothings wrong…I just don't like it when things are taken from me…” she told him looking down again her fake smile slowly vanishing. Shippo looked at her and nodded as though believing her. She sighed softly and Shippo soon just sat on her shoulder looking forward.

The day soon turned to dawn and shortly into night. It didn't take them long to find a rest area to camp for the night. Getting a fire going Sekumi sat down looking into it with a small smile. As the guys had gone off to bathe, all of them, and leaving her alone for the time being. Gazing into the fire she sighed softly thoughts running through her mind. She put her hand where she had the shards. Sighing softly -These are the closest thing I have to my past…- she thought as she lay down slowly by the fire to warm up -I can't let them go…- she sighed softly looking into the fire before slowly her eyes had grown heavy causing her to slowly drift into a sleep.

The forest is silent. A light breeze softly stirs the leaves in the tree's surrounding a path. It carries a rich, earthy smell that lingers, gently blending with the other smalls of decay that filled the woods. A green moss clings to the rocks on the ground and single violets and buttercups grow where the thick tree covers lets in rays of sunlight. Wrens and sparrows flit from the tree to tree quietly, as if they know not to disturb the peace around them. Silvery birch bark lays in spirals on the forest floor and a butterfly stops to rest on a limb of a fallen tree. Her wings whisper soft regrets as she lands. This is a perfect world, is seems. Everything is gentle and slow, soft and sweet.

The path ends abruptly. The springy soil turns to mud, then rock. Smooth pebbles appear as the trees thin, and then the water. It rushes and surges along its narrow path, cutting sharply into the silence of the forest. It is clear, so clear and clean that the boulders at its bottom are visible. At the same time, it is so cold, as cold as ice. The rivers waters were biting, like the air in winter that makes it hurt to breathe.

A little girl and her mother played by the river. They stuck their big toes in the water and whoever can leave theirs in the longest wins. It's a child's game and neither cares who wins. They are together and the forest was beautiful.

The little girl had a head of golden girls so pale they are almost white. They just touch her shoulders and when the wind blows, they tickle the back of her neck. Her blue eyes glow against her tanned brown skin and are framed by dark lashes. Her mother's hair is dark and falls softly to the middle of her back. Her brown eyes are warm and seem to dance, golden flames flickering in their depths.

Growing bored with their game, the little girl drifts away from her mother. Not too far though, for she can still hear the splashes of water as her mother drops pebbles in the river, humming a soft tune as she picks. The she weaves the flowers into chains. She places on upon her head like a crown and decides to bring the other to her mother. She skips back to the water's edge, but in her hurry, takes a different route. The little girl is forced to climb over the boulders that she simply walked around before. They were tall, twice her height, and long ago rubbed smooth by the river when it spilled over its banks in the spring. She scurries over their slippery surfaces on her hands and knee's, the churning water of the river at her side.

The little girl makes her way by finding handgrips and footholds. After a while, though, she grows tired, and so takes a rest, leaning a tree growing up through the rocks. Yet, the tree is old and the moisture has had its way with it. As much as it wanted to support the small girl's body, it couldn't. It's trunk splits and its bark cracks, and it crashes into the river, taking the little girl with it. Their splash startles the birds in the tree, and they fly off in all directions, weaving intricate patterns in their rush to get away. But all the woman, sitting by the side of the waters lost in her own thoughts, hears, is her little girl's gasp as the icy waters envelop her. A small ring of wildflowers floats down the river, breaking apart as the current pulled it along.

Sekumi shot up in a sweat holding her head in pain slightly as she looked at the fox demon in her fast seeming scared at her sudden actions. She looked at him holding her chest softly with her hand as her breathing slowed slightly.

“I'm sorry Shippo…” she said, “I didn't mean to scare you…” she stated

Shippo looked at her, “Are you sure your ok Sekumi?” he asked, “You seem kinda out of it…” he stated. Sekumi held her head nodding.

“Yea Shippo…it was just a dream…” she stated. Inuyasha looked at her with suspicion. Miroku doing the same.

“Sekumi…what kind of dream causes you to wake up in such a fright? It sounds more like a nightmare if you ask me…” he said crossing his arms his staff resting in them. They all seemed to know something was up. Sekumi shook her head.

“It's a dream I've head since waking up to my adoptive family…” she told them, “It's nothing…really…” she stated as she looked down laying back down, “Just don't worry about me…” she said in a more of a growl her ears flipping to her head slowly.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

theGhostofInuYasha on March 3, 2006, 8:23:01 AM

theGhostofInuYasha on
theGhostofInuYashaMORE MORE MORE!!!!!!!!!!! I must have more!!! This story is great!!!! You really have to finish it!!!!!!!!!!!! *favez*