Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Dreams

short story narrated in the first person. Susan is a woman haunted by a dark secret that has locked itself away in the chambers of her mind only to resurface every night in the form of a terrifying dream.

Chapter 1 - Dreams

Chapter 1 - Dreams
I stand upon the edge of a wasteland. Before me lies a great plain. The grass emerald green infused with the silver of early morning dew. The trees, majestic, strong and proud, their spreading branches swaying gently in the light summers breeze. The scent of flowers hangs pungent on the air. Behind me lies desolation, death and despair these are the building blocks of this land, that make up every last blade of withered, yellowing grass.
Thunder like the crash of a thousand symbols, sounds overhead, deep purple clouds roll across the dark sky. The wind howls, seeming almost to scream as if in pain. The sound chills me to the bone and a blind, wild panic seizes me. I cannot see. I am blinded by the darkness. Stumbling forward. But I can't escape. The fields green as ever lie feet away yet are kept from me by, some force blocking my path. Some wall that prevents passage. The scream on the wind consumes me. My whole world consists of the voice and nothing else.

                             **************************************************************************************************************

I awake drenched in sweat, shivering uncontrollably. It had seemed so close, so real. I had not thought of it for weeks. Somehow I'd managed to drive the memory away, but it seems that it has managed to worm its way into my subconscious, like a snake in the grass.

*A wall of water. Someone, crying out desperately. I have to help them…*

I shake myself, there was nothing I could have done and I was being silly. Swinging my legs over the side of the bed I get up. There was some thing I had to do.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment