Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Diary Of Alice Oppen

Wow I made this awhile ago! like last year or something

Chapter 1 - The Diary Of Alice Oppen

Chapter 1 - The Diary Of Alice Oppen
The diary of Alice oppen


It was a dark, cold, stormy night, as I stared out the window holding hot chocolate in my hands, watching the rain fall, my grandmother had just recently died and I was still trying to get over it, my mom was still startled over the fact her mother was dead, and my brother didn't seem to care, he is only 8 and I'm 13, I was always close to her, she always called me her precious angel. Tears started to run down my cheek, but I wiped them away as my mom stepped into the room. "Honey, it's 10:30 pm, time for bed" "yes, mom" I said, and I headed for my room. I couldn't think while I lay there, to many things running though my head I couldn't keep track of anything,so I fell asleep.

The alarm went off at exactly 6:30, I jumped out of bed took my shower, ate my breakfast, got my backpack situated and ran to the car, my mom ran out too, we were running late, it was already 7:30 am and I was supposed to be at school at 7:20. So we rushed to school, when I got there I kissed my mom on the cheek and told her to have a great day and not to worry about anything, she said the same to me and she drove off. When I went into school my friends Jen and Danielle greeted me, I wasn't one of the popular snobby kids like most of the kids in my school; I was the normal average person. "Hey Zoey" said Danielle "Hi" I said. "Are you feeling any better yet? I know it's hard," said Jen "I'm trying to get over it" I said, and we ran to our first class which was Math, I never cared about my grades and how I did in school, that wasn't ever on my mind. "Now class, I graded your test that you took last week, I was pleased with most of them but not all, " said Mrs. Dares, our math teacher, so she handed out the math test and I got mine last, I got a 62, Jen got an 89 and Danielle got a 98, they always worked hard for their grades, I didn't care, I took my test to the back of the room, tore it into shreds and threw it in the garbage.
Finally it was 2:10 pm School was over! I ran out of school as fast as I could and to my car, I never even said bye to my friends. So, how was your day?" said mom" "oh it was great," I said sarcastically" my mom didn't say anything. When I got home I had tons of homework, but didn't feel like doing it all, so I only did one assignment, which was a worksheet in Social Studies, that night, as I was about to fall asleep, I heard someone humming it was very quiet,I got up, trying to find out where it was coming from, it got louder and louder, then when I took a step toward my door, it stopped, I waited for about 3 minutes but nothing happened so I went back to bed. I woke up again the next morning, took my shower, ate breakfast and got my back situated and right before I could get out the door, my mom said "your not going to school today" "why?" I asked, "your brother is very ill and the doctors say he might not live" "so that means he has mono again?" "yes" said mom,we got in the car and drove to the hospital, went to room 322, but the door was shut, and we couldn't get it, they were doing something on him, my mom was crying, I wasn't, I never seemed to care about anything, so I told my mom I would walk home, while I was walking I saw Jen and Danielle, Hey! They shouted, and they ran over to me, "my brother is sick with mono again I said" oh my! Said Jen how awful! Is he going to be ok? They both asked" I don't know and don't care I said, "well you should! Said Danielle he's your brother! "You never care about anything in school either! You got a 62 on your test! " So?" I said they gave be a disgusted look and walked off without saying good bye, I continued walking home. That night I heard the humming again, but this time it was louder than ever! But this time I didn't bother getting up so I fell asleep, the next morning I woke up to something unbelievable there were footsteps leading to my closet! I was scared, but I followed them I opened my closet but saw nothing, and then I looked toward the ceiling in my closet and saw an attic! That has never been there before! There was a string hanging down, so I pulled it a ladder fell down just missing my head I put the ladder up to the ceiling and climbed up, in there was silent, like a scary silent, there were pictures hanging on the walls, everywhere I looked! But nothing was on the floor except one shoe box, I walked over to it, the boards cracking beneath my feet, I open it up, it said, "the diary of Alice Oppen" which was my grandmother, I opened it and on the first page it said " January 12 2003 my daughters little girl, Zoey, is the best little girl I have ever seen, but I wish with all my heart she would believe in herself, respect her friends and care, that what I expect from her, I love her dearly and when I pass away, I will miss her so" and that's all it said was that, now that I think back of things I've done like I never cared about my school grades or anyone, especially my brother, when he might die, I started to cry, just sitting there on the wood floor" I got up ran out of the attic and to my mom, "mom please can we go see my brother " sure she said" we rushed over and I ran to my brother crying "I'm so sorry Cody, that I never treated you good and never cared about you, and I want you to know that I love you so much " I love you too" said Cody , and you have always been a great sister to me, no matter what you have done I have always loved you "thanks I said" and I will pray for you everyday"thankyou"he said, now I have to go talk to my friends, I have to tell them something" I ran as fast as I could to Jen's house I knew Danielle would be there too, I ran in and saw them and gave them a big hug and cried, I'm sorry, I know I haven't cared about you either, I said to them, it took something from my grandmother that made me think of what I have done, that's ok they said, "are u still my friend?" I said" of coarse we are!!!! They said, and we all hugged and I spent the rest of the day with them, that night about 9:00 pm I went home and went to bed, the humming was gone and I had a great night sleep.

A month has gone by and we are getting our math test back, the teacher said she was pleased with some peoples but not all, I was scared but I waited to get my test back, then she walked up to me and said great job! I had gotten a 100, and on my report card I got all A's and B's. That night I was looking at my grandmothers diary while my brother was screaming and running up and down the halls, he recovered and is doing great, and the doctors say it was a miracle he survived, then I flipped to the back of the diary and saw a page was written on, which wasn't there before, it said " March 29 2003 which was today, I was surprised so I read on, " thank you Zoey for taking my advice, and thank you for caring, you are such a bright, little girl and I will always love you, and you are always going to be my precious Angel.






that's my story! please comment!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment