Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Stolen Ocean

He has taken something from her and she'll do anything to get back what is hers and ONLY hers.

Chapter 1 - Stolen Ocean

Chapter 1 - Stolen Ocean
Stolen Ocean “…Yo ho! Yo ho! A pirate’s life for me…” She sang, rowing the oars of the small boat across the quiet, black waters. There was no moon tonight, but it didn’t matter; she didn’t need the light of the moon to see. She didn’t need anything. No, the only thing she needed was that which he had stolen from her, and she knew where it was hidden. Oh, how sweet the memory was of how she found out this gracious information! She knew she’d eventually pay for all those lives that were lost to her blade. It was his entire crew, but none of that mattered as long as she got back what was hers in the first place. Yes, that’s all that truly mattered. As she neared a dark mass in the water, she stopped singing and rowed as quietly as she could. Several yards away from the vaguely visible shoreline, she silently lowered the anchor into the water and swam to shore. Once on the islands shore, she reached into her shirt pocket and pulled out an oddly shaped, metallic object. She tapped the top of the object four times and then dropped it at her feet. It sat there a moment, then began to sink into the earth. In response, she began to chant: “Kita. Minami. Nishi. Azuma. Guide me to that which I seek.” The ground rumbled softly beneath her and then glowed a pale blue. A crimson line shot off towards the west, then curved north, leading deep into the heart of the eerily quiet island. She smiled to herself. Now, once she got there, there would only be one more thing for her to take care of: him. She began following the crimson line, at first, a slow walk, then a jog, and before she knew it she found herself running, her feet barely making contact with the ground. The whole time her heart beat out a single word: Kai-you, Kai-you.The crimson line began to fade, and suddenly ceased. After hours of running, she had finally found the sacred spot! She stopped and stared at the ground where the line halted, breathing heavily. “My, my! I was wondering when you were going to get here, love!” She jumped and glared to her right. “Hmph. You don’t look happy to see me! I’m hurt Kaiyou.” A tall lanky figure slowly came into view. “Koutei,” She spat, gazing vehemently at the smirking brown haired man standing beside her. “I’ve come to take back what is mine, and ONLY mine.” “I know. But, do you honestly think I’ll just allow you to take it back?” Green eyes met ocean blue ones. “No, that’s why I’m going to kill you first.” She snarled, drawing her blade. He jumped back drawing his own just in time to block her assault. The once quiet island resounded with the sounds of clashing metal. Kaiyou spun and twisted in graceful motions, slashing and dodging Koutei’s attacks as if he were but a child. She knew that the only reason she was winning was because she had nothing left to lose. Even Koutei knew that. A complicated twist, a bend backwards, and a horizontal slash of her blade was rewarded with a soft thump. Kaiyou straightened up, brushed her soft black hair out of her face, and stared at the headless man, watching the blood spurt from the hole between his shoulders. The body convulsed in the final movements of life then crumpled to the ground, where it would lay motionless forevermore. Kaiyou smirked and wiped her blade clean on corpse’s pants. She slowly trudged back to the scared spot. It was hers now. She dropped to her knees and started digging with her bare hands. And digging. And digging. And digging. Raw hands finally hit something hard. Tears poured from her eyes; she had found it! “Five long years…” She whispered, smiling brightly at the black coffin before her. She broke the locks that held it tightly shut and threw open the lid. The body of a young girl with ocean blue eyes and soft black hair started lifelessly back at Kaiyou. She reached down and gently stroked the girls face. “Hello, Kaiyou. It’s nice to finally have you back.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment