Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Beginning

Kai was a normal girl living a normal life, until Kamon arrived. Now she has to defend herself against an abnormal being...

Chapter 1 - The Beginning

Chapter 1 - The Beginning








Vampires Will Never Hurt You





I stood there, waiting for the bus stop listening to Evanescence, feeling very bored. It was a cold morning, but it didn't faze me. I was always strange like that. When I was little, I would go into the river near my house in the winter time. I had no friends because everyone thought I was weird or they feared me, which in my opinion, was great. I loved having authority over the idiots in my school.

Finally the bus came and I got on to look at the fear-filled faces of my peers. I smirked as I took a seat in the back and changed the song to “Going Under” and started humming the words. I had a pretty good voice, but the teachers in chorus annoyed me, so I quit.

Later on during the bus ride, a new student came on the bus and received a lot of glares. He came to the back of the bus and asked if he could sit with me. I shrugged, not really caring. He sat down and took out a book by Stephen King and read it with interest.

When we finally got to school, I sat down in homeroom only to find that the new kid was in my class. I rolled my eyes, knowing he would get pummeled if he did one tiny thing wrong.

That was the problem in my school, if you weren't cute, smart, or athletic, you wouldn't get many friends. I happen to like being an outcast.

Then, to make my day worse, the teacher suggested that I show the new kid around the school. I sighed and beckoned him to follow me out the door.

I turned to look at him and asked, “What's your name anyway?”

He looked at me in surprise, as if he didn't expect me to talk and replied, “My name is Kamon Mizayaki. What's yours?”

“My name is Kai.”

I replied and proceeded with the tour.

At lunch, I took my normal spot halfway up the old oak tree in the middle of the campus to read a book. I had just gotten to a good part when I heard Kamon talking to the “tough” guys. I could easily take them down. He was out-numbered three to one. I was about to help when he quickly beat the crap out of them. My eyes widened in shock as he looked over their unconscious bodies. I jumped out of the tree and landed beside him.

“Where did that come from?!”

He looked at me with mild amusement and replied, “I've known how to fight since I was young. My father taught me many training styles.”

I looked at him with doubt, but then regained my emotionless stage and started to walk off. He came up behind me and walked with me back into the school.

The last class of the day for me was gym. I happened to like it because I loved competition. I walked into the locker room and started to change, when I overheard some of the girls talking.

“Have you seen the new kid?”

“Yeah! He's so cute!”

“What's his name again?”

“Kamon Miyazaki!”

I sighed and rolled my eyes as I walked by.

We were playing soccer today and the gym teacher was picking teams. I walked to the spot she told to go to and waited for my other teammates. When I heard other people coming over, I opened my eyes and saw something that amused me.

Kamon was surrounded by a bunch of girls and they were asking him if he was going to the dance that was coming up. He looked a little nervous and the weird thing is: I almost laughed, but I stopped myself. I sighed and went over to help him.

“Excuse me, girls!” I said, acting more girlish than I care to be, “Hi Kamon! I didn't expect you to be in my gym class!” what I did next scared myself.

I walked up next to him and slid my hand into his. At this action, all the girls stalked away, glaring at me. I looked up at him and saw a smirk spread across his face. I snatched my hand from his and hit him in the arm.

“That will never happen again, got that?!” I whispered darkly to him.

He just nodded and shrugged.

The gym teacher chose our positions after that. Kamon and I were both midfielders, which happened to be my favorite position.

We had the ball first, so Kamon and I prepared to fight for the ball if it came into our “territory”. The other team passed it to someone in our half of the field, so I went after the person. I stole the ball and reluctantly passed it to Kamon. He ran up the field abnormally fast and passed it to one of the forwards.

Later on after we won the game, I was walking to my house while listening to my CD player again. I was about to start singing when I felt someone watching me. I turned around and saw Kamon reading his book and occasionally looking up at me.

“What do you want Kamon?” I asked him.

He shrugged and continued reading. I rolled my eyes and walked into my house, dropped my bag in front of the couch and plopped down on the couch. I sighed as I finally relaxed for once this entire day. I heard a knock at the door and got annoyed.

“What now, Kamon?!”

He walked through the door and sat down beside me.

“I wanted to come in.” he said simply.

My eye twitched as I got up to go into the kitchen. I got two cans of soda from the fridge and threw one to Kamon as he walked in. it was silent for a little while, until I couldn't take it anymore.

“You're not normal are you?”

He looked at me with emotionless eyes and put down his soda.

“I can't believe it took you this long to figure out something was wrong…” he laughed, “Do you promise not to freak out, kill me, or tell anyone?”

I nodded as he continued.

“I'm a…vampire…”

I blinked as I took it in. How could he be a vampire? He's too nice! I thought.

He put an arm around my shoulders and asked, “Are you OK? You're not talking or moving.”

“If you're a vampire, why are you here? In the mortal realm?

He thought for a moment because he didn't know how to respond.

“My brother says I should become a sire to someone, but I don't want to! I hate the taste of human blood. He tried to make me drink some when I was little.” He explained.

“I-I'm sorry…” I said feeling compassionate.

He shook his head as he replied, “It's not your fault.”

I thought about the last part of the conversation and realized something.

“Are…you saying you want to be my sire?!” I asked, confused.

He was drinking his soda when I asked that and coughed, making his soda spill onto his shirt.

“Um…” he laughed nervously as I went to get a towel for him. I threw it at him and sat down again.

“So?” I said expectantly.

“Um…yes.” He said.

I thought about it for a while and replied, “Maybe.”

He let out a sigh of relief, but then looked like he another trouble.

“What now?”

He hesitated and asked quietly, “Do you have an extra room?”

“Yes, but you're paying rent!” I told him.

He nodded and said it was reasonable.

Later on that night, I was doing the English homework when I heard a knock at the door. I got up to open it, when Kamon came running down the stairs.

“Don't answer that! It's-“

He was interrupted by the door bursting open to reveal a man.

He had raven black hair tied back in a ponytail and piercing crimson eyes. He was wearing all black and, since he was smirking, he revealed a fang, the mark of the vampire.

“Hello little brother.” He said calmly.

I looked at Kamon to see his eye twitching and his fists clenched.

“What are you doing here?”

“I just came to check up on you, to see if you've found a good human to turn.”

Kamon just glared at him as his brother walked over to me. He lifted my head by my chin, forcing me to look up at him.

“Hm…I guess she's good.”

I slapped his hand away and stepped back.

“Don't touch me!” I said

He laughed quietly and replied, “I think I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Ryouga, Kamon's elder brother.”

I stepped back another step and then ran upstairs to find my father's old sword. I looked in his bedroom and found it deep within the closet. I went to run back downstairs, when I heard Ryouga coming up the stairs.

“Kai? Where are you?” he called, trying to be soothing.

I stood behind the door in case he tried to open it. Random thoughts were rushing through my mind until I suddenly thought of Kamon. I hoped he wasn't hurt or killed. I was too busy thinking when Ryouga rammed the door on his side and the force threw me back onto the floor. He opened the door with an evil smirk.

“W-what happened to Kamon?” I stuttered

He laughed a bit and replied, “He's…well…out of the way for now.”

I backed away while I clutched the sword to my chest. He eventually backed me up to a corner and wrapped a cold hand around my neck and lifted me off the ground.

“Now, now Kai. No need to fear, unless you meddle in my plans…” he laughed a bit and gripped my neck tighter.

“Do you understand?”

I choked out an agreement and he dropped me to the floor and left swiftly. I touched my neck gingerly to see if he punctured my skin. Luckily he didn't, so I ran down the stairs as fast as I could and found Kamon on the floor with a lot of cuts and bruises. I turned him over on his back and tried to wake him up.

“Kamon? Kamon! Wake up!” I shook him gently.

He moaned as his eyes opened slowly. I could tell he was in a lot of pain by the look in his eyes. I went to get up to get some water to clean his wounds when he grabbed my arm.

“Don't worry. If a vampire gets hurt, the wounds heal eventually, usually in the next hour or two.”




Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

rosecrow13 on August 25, 2007, 9:40:08 AM

rosecrow13 on
rosecrow13It's alright, I am not so sure about how fast she is okay with all of the changes that occur. Try to pump it up a little more.

SilverKitsune on December 9, 2006, 4:39:45 PM

SilverKitsune on
SilverKitsunereminds me of hiei. So much. I think its hiei with a different name. It was an alright story. But the main character is just toooo cliche for me to handle. being gothic/anti social is one thing, but reading in a tree is another.

ShadowAlchemist100 on March 8, 2006, 9:01:41 AM

ShadowAlchemist100 on
ShadowAlchemist100BBB, that was good, plz write more........later, Bobbing Blue Bob!!!(lol)

FATE_The_Pirate on February 26, 2006, 9:01:02 AM

FATE_The_Pirate on
FATE_The_Piratewrite more O_O i want to know what happens to Kamon!!!! tell me if you update ^_^ ~FATE the Pirate

FATE_The_Pirate on February 26, 2006, 8:52:04 AM

FATE_The_Pirate on
FATE_The_Piratei like it WRITE MORE ^_^ thank you