Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Letter

Kai was a normal girl living a normal life, until Kamon arrived. Now she has to defend herself against an abnormal being...

Chapter 2 - The Letter

Chapter 2 - The Letter






Chapter Two

I sat down, unsure of what to do, when I saw his wounds healing, slowly but surely.

“Are you sure you're okay?” I asked him.

He laughed and nodded. He sat up and stretched, but winced when he moved in a wrong position. I glared at him and got up to retrieve my father's sword. I held it in my hands as I remembered all the memories it held.

~Flashback~

“Hey, Dad! Can you come help me with my project?” I called across the yard. My father walked over and took the screwdriver from my hand and twisted the stubborn screw in.

“Thanks!” I replied with a smile. He smiled back and walked out of the garage. I spied the sword hanging above my head and took it down. I started to pretend I was fighting someone, when my father walked back in and took it from my hands.

“Don't touch this again!” he said sternly.

~End Flashback~

Kamon was waving his hand in front of my face when I snapped out of my trance. I smacked his hand away, sheathed the sword, and walked upstairs to put it in my closet. Kamon peered over my shoulder to get a good look at it, but I kept it from his view.

“That's a good quality sword, ya got there!” he told me.

I stayed silent as I stored it on the shelf in my closet. When I turned around, I found him asleep on my bed. My eye twitched as I put a blanket over him.

“He put up quite a fight, I have to admit…” I muttered and walked out.

In the morning, I found myself in my own bed and Kamon sleeping on the window seat. I decided to ask him if he did anything later on. I made sure he was completely asleep before getting dressed for school. I was about to wake him when I remembered he was probably nocturnal. I wrote a note for him and went to school.

During math, my first class, I was falling asleep, but luckily one of the other students woke me up before I got in trouble. When class ended, I happily walked to social studies, where it was so boring I could sleep.

During lunch, a few of the Kamon-obsessed girls walked over to me.

“Do you know where Kamon is?”

“Nope.” I replied simply

“Did you scare him off?!”

“How should I know? Maybe he was afraid of you…”

They glared at me and stalked off. I leaned my head back to yawn when I was hit in the face with a rock.

“Ow!” I rubbed my forehead and picked up the piece of paper that was attached to the rock. It was a letter.

“A-an acceptance letter?! To what?!” I exclaimed.

Dear Miss Kaidreneka,

As a request from Mr. Kamon Mizayaki, you have been accepted to Murasaki High School to hone your vampire skills. Mr. Kamon will explain the rest.

Officially,

MHS

I had to read it three times before it sunk in.

“I'm not a vampire…” I muttered.

I went through the rest of the day with the letter on my mind. I ran home to find Kamon lying on the back of the couch, looking paler than ever.

“Kamon! Can you explain this?! And…what's wrong?” I asked.

“I need…to feed…soon.” He moaned. He looked at the important document in my hand and said, “You're going to go to my school then we're going to kill Ryouga.”

“Ah…well, back onto the subject of your health, what do you mean `feed'?” I asked warily.

“I need some form of living thing for their blood.” He explained weakly.

“Ok…Do you need any help?”

“No. I'll be back soon, ok?”

He got up with some difficulty and walked outside, but then walked back in.

“I can't go outside…the pendant that allows me to go out in daylight is losing power.” He pulled a green pendant out from under his shirt to show me.

“Then…you can't feed until tonight, but you're so weak now!” I exclaimed. I thought for a moment, then pushed up my sleeve and held my wrist in front of Kamon's face.

“Go ahead. But you have to control yourself.” I told him.






Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

FATE_The_Pirate on March 10, 2006, 1:02:14 PM

FATE_The_Pirate on
FATE_The_Piratethis story rocks ^_^ you should write more ^_^ and more