Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Alli

about two girl bounty hunters and their adventures

Chapter 1 - Alli

Chapter 1 - Alli
"Mother! I'll be back soon. I'm going to the market. Do you want me to get you anything?"
"No dear, I'm fine. Just bring back the yen you don't spend."
As Alli heads out of her house and into the quiet countryside she thinks of her dream: to become a famouse sword-fighter some day. But it is the year 3024 and only the reincarnations of Ancients and samurais are allowed to carry swords. with demons running around, they aren't about to sell swords to just about anybody.
She ventured into the back of her house to the barn. there, her white mahogany horse, Brandy was waiting. She quickly put on her horse's blanket, the saddle, the bit, and finally, the briddle. She jumped on her back and rode off down the country road.
As she passed a farmer and his son, she saw the farmer had a gun strapped to his side. Then she finally remembered hers. As she contemplated on going back, the man looked up at her in disgust.
"Go on'" he said. "Go on, get out of here, filthy little demon-thief. I'll have none of your sort around here causin' trouble an' stealin' my crops! Go on, get!"
"But sir, I was just admiring your son there," she replied. "He's a fine young lad and a good worker too, i'd wager."
"My son is none of your business. Now go away!" She left promptly knowing she wouldn't be able to sway the man into beleiving her. She decided not to go home to retrieve her rifle, but just to keep going on with her daggers. She was, after all, the best student at the martial arts dojo. Too late, she realized she left her kitanas at home as well as her uniform. She couldn't very well go back now. She was half-way there and it would take her half a day to get there already with her delays. She would just have to buy another uniform at the market. But that would eat up her spending money.
As she was thinking these things, her horse had arrived into town. The loud noises revived her from her little world. The first thing that caught her eye was a flyer. It was a decree that bounty hunters were now allowed to own swords. It was there that she had to make the most important decision of her life. to become a bounty hunter and compete-her life's dream. Or to stay on the farm and raise horses like her mother wanted her to.
"Sir," she cried to the nearest man. "Sir, how does one become a bounty hunter?"
"Alls ya gots ta do is pass th' tests," he said.
"Where can I get the tests?"
"Ya just go to the samurai's house and as'im."
"Thank you sir. Here's ten yen for your service. And thank you again."
"An' thank ye, ma'am."
Alli rode off to find the samurai's house. But before she could find it, she knew she would have to find an inn to stay at. She searched and searched until she finally found one that had a vacancy. It was called the Lotus Inn and it was absolutely beautiful. But she seemed to be the only one who could see it. people passed by like it wasn't even there.
Once inside, she rang the bell. All at once, doors began to open and people rushed in from everywhere to see the new guest.
A man approached the counter.
"How may we serve you madam. We haven't had business for a long time, so we may waver our prices, but our quality is wonderful."
"All I need is a room for a week and tea every morning. Is that too much?"
"Too much? Why not at all. We could give you meals as well, if you require such services."
"No. I'll be fine."
"Alright. I'll be needing your name, madam."
"My name is...Bounty Hunter Alli."

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

dawarf on February 28, 2006, 3:17:06 AM

dawarf on
dawarfgooood story
your inspirating ^^

sally_the_ragdoll on February 20, 2004, 9:10:38 PM

sally_the_ragdoll on
sally_the_ragdolli luuuuuv bounty hunters, so naturally i thought i'd read a bounty hunter book and wow. you are an extremely talented author. keep at it!!

p.s do you know who Nagi is? she's a pretty good bounty hunter if i do say so myself ^___^