Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - NightKit's Ceremony

I'm not sure how good this is but... HERE!

Chapter 3 - NightKit's Ceremony

Chapter 3 - NightKit's Ceremony
DawnKit woke with a start. NightKit had jumped on her again!
“Get up lazybones! Our apprentice ceremonies are soon!!!” NightKit yowled. That was enough to get DawnKit moving. The dim light in the nursery did not allow very good sight, no matter how good cats were at night hunting.
“Not so rough near the kits!” AshFoot hissed. So they ran outside on the sandy earth. In the depths of leaf-fall everything was dieing . Ferns and trees that protected the camp were withering.
“Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey come gather under this high stump!” AdderMoon, a black tabby, said atop the mossy stump. Cats gathered around, GoldThorn looking especially nervous. GoldThorn was a long haired golden tabby, and a new warrior. “Maybe he’ll be my mentor!” NightKit thought. NightKit caught a glance at DawnKit, who was staring absent-mindedly at the bushes.
“NightKit, come,” AdderMoon meowed. NightKit stumbled toward the stump and sat on a root. “NightKit you are six moons of age and ready for your apprenticeship,” A small pause occurred, as if AdderMoon were thinking, “BlueHeart, you are a skilled and clever fighter, and your wisdom goes far beyond that of an average new warrior. Please train NightKit in your ways!” AdderMoon yowled. “OK AdderMoon,” BlueHeart mewled, obviously nervous. “Then, in the will of Bright Cla---,” AdderMoon was cut off by the yowl of SnakeFur, orange she-cat + medicine cat, “This be not the will of Bright Clan!” “What?” NightKit howled. “Aye. I was sent an omen. It was of Dawn and Night, sitting in a pool of Gold and Silver.” NightKit’s eyes brightened. Perhaps GoldThorn would be his mentor. And so it was. The golden tabby and SilverClaw became mentor to NightPaw and DawnPaw. NightPaw went happily to sleep in a new bed of moss in the apprentice den.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment