Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chap 1

'It was a tree. Just a tree. No leaves, just branches. i fall...' A story of a girl plagued by dreams that are her destiny.

Chapter 1 - Chap 1

Chapter 1 - Chap 1
Ari.
"AAAAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!” I wake up screaming.
“Ari, Honey, what’s wrong?” Mum asked running into the room.
“Its OK. I just had another bad dream. I shook my head to clear it, but those symbols stuck in my head. Why couldn’t I read them? More importantly, why could I read them? I better back up though. I am Ari Wood. Ever since I turned 15 two months ago, I get these weird dreams. Always the same.
“Well, its time to get up anyway.” Mum said interrupting my thoughts.
“Yep” I said. I got up and read my book for a little while.
“Ari! It is twenty past seven! Get dressed or you’ll be late.” Mum said.I got up and grabbed my uniform. I got dressed, stuck my long, brown hair in a ponytail and put my shoes on. I looked at my clock.
“Ten to eight!” I said to my clock. “Grrrr.”I sailed through to the kitchen, grabbed some toast and packed my lunch.
“I’m ready Mum.” I yelled to her.
“Lets go.” Mum and I went to the car. When I got to school, I saw my best friend Aliesha, waiting for me.
“Hey Liesh!” I called to her.
“Hey Ari.” She called back.I got out of the car.
“Bye Mum.” I said.
“Bye.” she said back.
“What have you got today?” I asked Liesh.
“Um, English, math, sose, and art.” She said.
“Oh, cool.” I said back. “I’ve got to go. Talk to you later.”
“Bye.” Liesh said.After school I talked to Liesh for ages, because I dreaded going to sleep.
“Ari! Off the phone. You have school tomorrow.” Mum said.
“Liesh? I gotta go. Bye.” I hung up and went to bed. I read for a while, but I knew I would have to go to sleep eventually. 
************************ 
There was the tree. With no leaves, just branches. There were the markings. There was…Liesh? She nodded.
“Climb Keeper.” She said.
“Keeper of what?” I asked.
“Climb Keeper.” She repeated. I started climbing.
“Keeper of what!?” I called down frantically. But she was gone.“Liesh?” I asked. I looked down. I overbalanced. I fell. 
************************ 
“When I went in this morning, she didn't seem right, like the time we found her underneath a tree that she had fallen out of when she was little. She was unconscious.” I vaguely heard Mum telling the doctor.
”This is very-ah! She is awake!” the doctor exclaimed.
“Hey, Honey. What happened last night?” Mum asked.
“I had a dream. But it was so real.” I said confusedly.“ I think it’s about time you told me about these dreams.” Mum said gently. I sat up a little in bed.
“Well, I start standing in front of this tree, with markings around the base. I start climbing. I get partway up. I fall.” I said, trying to remember.
“A tree? When you were little we went camping and you said that you found a tree with strange markings on. Then one night we couldn’t find you. You’d gone to the tree. When we got there you were on the ground. You’d fallen. When you woke up you said something about being the ‘Keeper’.” Mum said slowly.
“Really?” I said “well in the last dream Liesh was there. She called me ‘Keeper’. I wonder what it means"

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

gaaralover1 on June 18, 2007, 9:26:01 AM

gaaralover1 on
gaaralover1I like this chapter... Mystifying..