Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chap 2

'It was a tree. Just a tree. No leaves, just branches. i fall...' A story of a girl plagued by dreams that are her destiny.

Chapter 2 - Chap 2

Chapter 2 - Chap 2
"That’s it. Were going to that tree!” Mum declared.
“Why?” I asked.
“To put a stop to all this… nonsense!” She left the room. The phone rang. Mum poked her head back in.
“Its Aliesha.” She said “Do you wanna talk?”
“When don’t I?” I joked.
“Oh my God! What happened!?” Liesh screamed in my ear.
“I don’t know. But I had the weirdest dream. You were in it.” I said.
“And a tree?” she asked.
“How did you know?” I said, astonished.
“’Cos I had a dream just like it. You were up in the tree and I was just standing there, saying ‘climb Keeper’. It was weird.” She said.
“I gotta go. Bye.” I said “Mum, Liesh needs to come to the tree with us. She had the same freaky dream I did.”
“All right.”  Mum said as she thought it over. 
**************************
On the road towards the campsite I started to worry about what I would find. Dad led us to the Tree. It was just a tree. No leaves, just branches. There were the markings. Just like my dream. Liesh went into a trance.
“Climb Keeper.” She whispered. I climbed.
“No!” Mum yelled. Then Mum and Dad melted into the background. I climbed higher. I got halfway. There was a message: ‘Many have tried. Many will fail. Only the Chosen will reach the top.’ I looked up. I kept climbing. I reached the top. A glow came from the tip of the tree. I didn’t know it at the time, but I changed. So did Liesh. But I was so absorbed with the glow that I fell. The trees branches reached out and caught me. Before I realized it, I was on the ground.
“Oh my God!” Mum yelled, flinging her arms around me. Liesh woke from her trance.
“Can we go?” I asked.
“What happened to you two?!” Mum exclaimed.
“What do you mean?” I asked. Mum pointed. I looked down. This morning I was wearing a shorts and my favorites shirt. Now I was wearing a green and white cat suit thing. Liesh was wearing a black and purple cat suit. Liesh blinked twice to clear her head, and her clothes became a purple top and black flares.
“Um, what the?” Liesh asked, her eyes wide.I tried blinking my eyes, to see of it would work for me. My cat suit changed to a pair of jeans, and a red top. I blinked again. Back to the cat suit. I sighed and went back to the jeans.
“I guess we will have to change at home.” I said.
“And we are NEVER coming back here again!” Mum said hustling us to the car. I glanced at the tree. It sprouted a leaf, but it died almost instantly and fell to the ground. This tree was my past, my present and part of my future. I knew I would be back.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

gaaralover1 on June 18, 2007, 9:29:28 AM

gaaralover1 on
gaaralover1OOOH!! I love this chapter.... " This tree was my past, my present, and part of my futur" It's so cool... It's like a tree in my back yard.... It was my past, my present, and part of my futur... It's awsome we think the same way!!!