Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Chap 9

'It was a tree. Just a tree. No leaves, just branches. i fall...' A story of a girl plagued by dreams that are her destiny.

Chapter 9 - Chap 9

Chapter 9 - Chap 9
I put the note on the counter, then grabbed my backpack and headed out.
“High and dry?” I asked. I looked at Ari. Liesh saw my look.
“I just remembered. I have to go do something.” Liesh rushed off.
“Just us huh?” Ari said.
“Yep.” I said. Ari and I sat down on a bench.
“I think ‘high and dry’ means the dessert. Where is a high dessert?” Ari asked, leaning over me to get the map. I gasped.
“You ok?” she asked, eyeing me.
“Fine.” I squeaked out. I smacked myself on the head.
“Don’t.” Ari said, grabbing my hand. She blushed and let it go.
“Don’t.” I said softly, only just meeting her eyes.
“Don’t what?”
“Stop. Get embarrassed. I don’t know.” This time I blushed. Ari took my hand, and lent over to show me the map. At the same time I leant over to say something. Our lips brushed.
“Did you just kiss me?” she asked.
“No. It was an accident.” I said quickly.
“Oh.” She looked away.
“Why?”
“Because I wanted you to.” She said. I leant over and kissed her properly.
“Like that?” I asked.
“Yeah. Like that.” Ari smiled. I noticed Liesh coming around the corner.
“Guys I might… what did I miss?” Liesh demanded.
“Nothing.” Said Ari “so, what were you saying?”
“You’re blushing.”
“No I’m not.”
“Anyway.” I intervened.
“Anyway, I might know where high and dry means.” Liesh said.
“Where?” Ari said eagerly.
“Monta Mountain. The Mountain of sand!” She exclaimed.
“Isn’t that obvious?” I asked, doubtfully.
“Sometimes the Tree is so painfully obvious that you would never think to look there because it’s too obvious.” Ari said with a twinkle in her eye.
“Ah.” I said.
“Hey, maybe now that I’ve mastered wind I can fly you two without touching you.” Ari said, before she closed her eyes and lifted up. Moments later, I found myself lifting up over The Ridge.
~ I will never get used to this. ~ I said.
~ You will. ~ Liesh said. She checked her watch.
~ I hadn’t noticed how late it was. We’ve only been flying for a few minutes. Ari, we better set up camp. ~ Ari let us down in a clearing.
“Were about a k from Monta Mountain. So up early, and we can get there for lunch.”
“Up early? How early?” I asked suspiciously.
“What she means is we don’t sleep in.” Liesh said. “First one up wakes everyone else, then starts breakfast. I’m going to get some firewood. I have a feeling it will be a cold night.” She walked into the trees. As she disappeared, I walked over to where Ari was sitting and kissed her.
“What was that for?” she asked, smiling as she sat back down.
“Nothing.” I said. I heard a rustling in the trees.
Liesh came running out.“Guys. We have a problem.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment