Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Chap 10

'It was a tree. Just a tree. No leaves, just branches. i fall...' A story of a girl plagued by dreams that are her destiny.

Chapter 10 - Chap 10

Chapter 10 - Chap 10
"What?” I asked worriedly.
“Monta Mountain.” Liesh said breathlessly “Its been demolished!”
“The Tree would have known that. The Tree knows everything.” Ari said, getting up again.
“Maybe it was a ruse. Maybe the Tree wants us to go low and wet?” I said.
“Of course! The Tree would have wanted to confuse us.” Liesh said. “The ocean. Its wet, that’s obvious, and it’s pretty deep.”
“Yeah, one problem, which ocean?” I asked sarcastically. Liesh looked at me like I was dumb.
“Uh, hello? ‘Indian to the core’? The core of the Indian Ocean. Duh.” Liesh said slowly.
“I’m not dumb.” I said hotly.
“Can we just get there before dark?” Ari intervened while Liesh and I were raised up in different directions.
~ Now will you two be nice? ~
~ Yes. ~ I said.
~ Yes. ~ Liesh said. Ari came up and we set off.  When it was dark Ari found us a campsite, then started a fire. We sat around it, talking.
“Were only about halfway to the Indian.” Liesh said seemingly forgiving me for earlier.
“So when will we get there?” I asked.
“By lunch tomorrow, if we start at day break.” Ari said. I nodded then settled down to start sleeping. The next morning we started earlier than dawn, and got to the edge of the Indian Ocean by eleven.
“Um quick question. This is an ocean. How are we meant to find the Quest in here?” I asked, staring at the wide expanse of water.
“I was kind of thinking that myself. But I’m sure Liesh, with all of her past Guardian memories will know.” Ari looked around for Liesh, who had disappeared. “You know, when she comes back.”
“You know, I think she knows.”
“Knows what?”
“That we’re together. That’s why she keeps rushing off.”
“Maybe. But we’re alone. And we’re just talking?” Ari raised an eyebrow at me.
“You’re right.” I leant down and kissed her. We had been kissing for quite a while when Liesh walked in on us.
“Ahem.”Ari and I looked up. Ari was blushing.
“We were going to tell you.” She started.
“Just make sure I get an invite to the wedding.” Liesh said with a smile, going and hugging Ari.
“Um, we were going to ask before you left how we find the Quest, but you disappeared, and we got um, distracted…” I trailed off, uncomfortable.
“Distracted? Is that what you call it?”
“Can you just tell us how to get the Quest?” I said blushing.
“Fine. With Ari’s power to turn into a mermaid…”
“Hang on, a mermaid?” I interrupted.
“Yeah. Anyway, with that comes the ability to sense some things. For example, she would have a greater pull with the Quest sheets, because they are her destiny. But she can sense feelings, moods, and stuff like that. But she can only sense a few material objects.”
“How come this only showed up now?” Ari asked.“Because your destiny is to be with the Third, so your strong feelings for him would have done it. Either that, or his feelings for you.”
“My destiny was to be with Gill?”
“Yeah.”
“So how does she do it?” I asked.
“It will get stronger so that you can do it anytime, but for now you have to be in mermaid form, then you just let the feeling lead you.”
“All right.” Ari said, grabbing my hand. The next thing I knew, I was underwater and growing gills.
~ Um, why am I sprouting a tail too? ~
~ I grabbed you. So the same would happen to you. ~
~ Oh. ~ I said. Ari started swimming. Liesh and I followed. Ari came to what looked like a bottomless pit.
~ Down there. ~ She said pointing. ~ Come on. ~ We started swimming downwards. Almost a meter down, there was a thin crack in the wall. Just big enough for Ari to fit through.
~ There? ~ I asked. Ari nodded. ~ Good luck ~   Ari squeezed through the crack.
~ Found it! ~ Ari called faintly. ~ I can’t get back through. Can you grab hold of my tail and pull? ~Liesh and I peered into the crack. We could see Ari’s tail a little way up. We grabbed it.
~ One…two…three! ~ Liesh said as we yanked.
~  Owwww! ~ Ari groaned in pain as she was dragged out of the crack. All of her stomach and the sides of her arms were grazed.
~ Don’t worry. They will go away when we transform back to human. ~ Liesh said.
~ Cool. Lets go. ~ Ari said as she swam back to the surface, clutching the Quest. Back on land, human again we sat on the beach.
“Read it.” I urged. Ari took a breath and unrolled the Quest.
“Keeper you are almost done,
You have completed Quests One and two
Of three of four.
Now Quest three,
to master the Earth and the Sea.
To complete this quest,You must go to the Great Barrier Reef,
You must keep it alive.
What is happening is affecting the sea and the earth.
You will use Water to knock the oil port out of the Reef.
You will use Earth to re-grow the Reef and block where the oil port was.
Guardian, you will use telekinesis to move the oil port to a safe location.”
“Wow. This is a big mission.” Liesh said.
“Yeah. Well, to Australia.” Ari said as we started flying.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment