Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Chap 11

'It was a tree. Just a tree. No leaves, just branches. i fall...' A story of a girl plagued by dreams that are her destiny.

Chapter 11 - Chap 11

Chapter 11 - Chap 11
Ari
I am on my way back to Australia, to save the Great Barrier Reef.
~ No, I’ve known Ari longer. She couldn’t like you as much. ~
~ But it was her feelings towards me that awakened her sensing ability. ~
~ Will you two shut up? ~ I interrupted. ~ I like you both the same. ~  We’ve been in the air for a couple of days so Liesh and Gill were getting on each other’s nerves. We touched down.
“Ok, to the Great Barrier Reef.” I said, pointing to the ocean.
“Again with the ocean” Gill commented. I gave him a look. We swam out to the reef and had no trouble finding the oil port.
~ All right. As soon as this port is out I need to block it quick or all of the oil will spill into the ocean. So can you get a hold on it now Liesh? ~
~ Got it. ~ She said.I started concentrating. A huge gush of water started pushing on the port. It moved a little. I pushed harder. It creaked and oil started leaking. I pushed so hard that my head started hurting, but it finally it came loose. I switched to Earth and started re-growing the reef. When the port was gone and the reef was back, I grabbed Liesh and Gill by the hands and started focusing. A force field started to shimmer above the reef.
~ Now no one else can get at the reef. ~ I said.
~ How did you do that? ~ Gill asked
~ Instinct. ~ I said.We swam back up to the surface and found a bottle floating towards us. I grabbed it and held onto it as we swam to shore. As we walked from the water I uncorked the bottle.
“Keeper.
You mastered Earth.
You have almost mastered Water.
Well done.Now you must be
In the drought ridden Queensland.
The Queensland that is stricken with fire.” I read.
“So, what have we still got to do?” asked Gill, who was still pretty clueless. Then, I had Liesh’s help from the beginning. He was still new to this. And someone was sad. It was either Gill or Liesh who were both walking close together in front of me.
“Ari still has to master water and fire.” Liesh said, dropping back to walk with me. Gill was still in front of us. He was the one who was sad.
“Hey, can I have a minute with Gill?” I asked her.
“Yeah, what’s up?”
“He’s sad.”
“He hasn’t said anything. Your sense is getting stronger then?”
“Yeah. Cya.” I walked a little faster and caught up with Gill.
“What’s up?” I asked.
“Nothing.”
“You’re sad.”
“No I’m not.”
“My sense is getting stronger Gill. You’re sad.”
“Fine. I’m sad.”
“Why?”
“I don’t know, I guess I’m missing my mum and dad.”
“Its ok. Liesh and I were homesick too.” I leant up and kissed him. A lady who was walking past gave us a disgusted look.
“Liesh,” I said, as Liesh rejoined us. “You got homesick didn’t you?”
“Yeah.” she nodded.
“And you got over it?”
“Yeah. Maybe quicker than you did, because it was then that I found all of my past Guardian memories.”
“What?” Gill intervened.
“I have all of them memories of the past Guardians, so I know most of what’s coming. But that was my last memory. I think Ari has gone further than any other Keeper. It’s a good thing to, because you don’t want to know what happens to the world if she fails. Ari is the Keeper of the Ultimate Light. Ultimate. The others were just Keepers of the Light. To put it simply If you fail, the earth is doomed.” Liesh explained.
“Wow. No pressure.” I said, a feeling of dread settling itself in my stomach.
“Don’t worry. “ Liesh said, “one more Quest, then its done. Now, lets go, we need to get to Queensland.”
“We are in Queensland.” I said.
“Well, to the droughts and fires.”We started off for the drought-ridden part of Queensland, riding on the wind.
~ I can feel it. It’s down there. ~ I pointed straight down, and we dropped into a tree.
“Ow.” Gill said, rubbing his knee.
“Sorry” I said. I started walking until I ran into a tree.
“Are you okay?” Gill said, rushing over.
“Oh-my-gosh!” Liesh squealed doing the same. They helped me up.
“I’m fine.” I said making all of the dirt that had landed on me jump off.
“Ok, so why did you walk into the tree?” Gill asked.
“Its in there, isn’t it?” Liesh asked quietly.
“No.” I said. Liesh looked surprised
“it is that.”
“It’s the tree?” she asked.
“What, after everything we’ve been through, you’re still disbelieving?”
“Point taken”I put my hand on the tree. A message appeared. 
 
Keeper. You must use Water to create enough pure water to hydrate the drought stricken area. You must also put out any fires you come across, by back burning with Fire, then hydrate so that it doesn’t burn again. 
 
“Specific.” Gill commented.
“I can’t believe I have to do this now. I’m really tired. I don’t know how much this will take out of me.” I worried.
“Don’t worry.” Liesh said, putting a comforting hand on my shoulder. “We’ll be beside you the whole time.”
“Yeah.” Agreed Gill, giving me a quick kiss. I walked out to the middle of a clearing, surrounded by trees and quiet. I sat cross-legged, and closed my eyes. I heard Gill and Liesh sit down too. I started to rise into the air.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment