Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - Chap 12

'It was a tree. Just a tree. No leaves, just branches. i fall...' A story of a girl plagued by dreams that are her destiny.

Chapter 12 - Chap 12

Chapter 12 - Chap 12
Liesh and Gill stayed on the ground.
~ Why are you up there? ~ Liesh asked.
~ I need to be able to see. ~
~ Shouldn’t we be up there to? ~
~ No. I need to do this alone. ~ I opened my eyes and saw a fire to my left. I back burnt with a flick of my wrist, the started in on hydrating. I put my hands together, and then opened them so that only my wrists were touching. A water ball appeared in front of them. I sent that water ball down lower, and then expanded it so that I couldn’t see anything but water. Then it rained. I was struggling to keep the amount of water raining down consistent. I could hear Liesh and Gill as they yelled in joy that I was doing it. Every so often I would Lift Gill or Liesh up so that they could give me some food, but eventually, something inside me told me that I was finished. I gently let up on the rain.
~ Why are you letting up? ~Gill asked.
~ I’m done. ~When it had stopped raining, I lowered myself into the clearing and collapsed. 
****************************
It was the Tree. There was a woman standing there. She was reading the symbols.She looked up and saw me. She grinned evilly.
“Goodbye keeper.” she snarled. She sliced his hand through the air. The Tree slid off its base and fell, with me still in. I scream and let go. I fall. 
*************************** 
“GRABOWSKI!!” I screamed as I woke up. I looked around.
”How long was I up there?”
“Oh, you were up there for about a week. The Tree sent a message saying that you saved the world.” Liesh said. “Did you have a dream vision?”
“Yeah. Grabowski was going to cut down the Tree!” I said.
“Who is Grabowski?” Gill asked.
“I don’t know.” I said slowly, “But she didn’t use a saw to cut down the Tree. She used her hand. Like this.” I slashed my hand like I saw Grabowski do. The grass in front of me suddenly became half the height it used to be.
“I know who Grabowski is.” Liesh said, her eyes down. “And she needs to be stopped.”
“What can she do?” I asked.
“She has all of your powers. She was the only Keeper to ever finish all four Quests. Other than you. See, when a Keeper turns 15, they get Called, unless the previous Keeper is still alive.” Liesh said quietly.
“Called?” I asked
“Yeah. The Tree starts sending them dreams. They then work on their Quests until they either turn 40, or they die.”
“How do they die?” Gill asked.
“They use their powers too much. Mental exhaustion. But ever since Grabowski turned 40, she has been picking off the Keepers. If you kill a Keeper you become the Keeper until the next is Called.” Liesh continued.
“Wait, you said you have the Guardians memories have no one finishing all four Quests.” I said.
“Her Guardian died just after the third Quest.”
“Oh.”
“Yeah. And if she cuts down the Tree, you will die. But, there will be no more Keepers of any kind anymore. Her powers will be revoked.”
“Does she know that?”
“No, the last Guardian found out. But don’t worry. you saved the world already. You can do this.”
I scarfed down some food and set off while the others where still eating. We flew to the Tree in record time. As we landed I looked around.
“I don’t see her. But I think we should stick together.”
“No need. She’s right here.” Grabowski snarled out of the shadows.
“Grabowski.” I said.
“Now now. We’re Keepers. We should be on a first name basis. Call me Villi.”
“Uh, no. Grabowski will do.” I said. Grabowski sauntered out of the shadows. I visibly recoiled. She looked so old that she could be pushed over with a feather.
“Um, you didn’t tell me she was that old!” I whispered to Liesh. “Hey, I have memories from like, ages ago. You saw her in your vision!”
“She looked younger then!”
“Its impolite to keep secrets. Share with everyone please.”
“Fine. I was going to fight you, but I can’t hurt an old lady.” I said apologetically.
“OLD LADY!!!!!” Grabowski screamed, exploding with fire. “I am not OLD!!!”
“Oh, so you do that to? Fine. What is your age?”
“NEVER ASK A WOMAN HER AGE!!!!! Now,” she calmed down a little “will we talk or fight?”
“Fight. Liesh, Gill RUN!!!” I turned to face Grabowski. She flicked her hands. A circle of fire surrounded me, then started to close in. I looked at it lazily.
“You must be old to not remember that I can fly, “ I said, taking off and hitting a barrier of wind that was overhead. “What?”
“Oh, I remembered. And. I. AM. NOT. OLD!!!” she screamed, the fire closing in faster. I started throwing fireballs at Grabowski. One hit her squarely in the chest. She staggered, and then doused herself. I put out the circle of fire, and then summoned all of the power inside me, from the Earth, the Wind, the Fire, The Water, the Tree, and most importantly, the Light. I grabbed Gill and Liesh’s hands just in time. A burst of power exploded so fast that I hardly saw it. And neither did Grabowski.
“Vignr! Kohui! Bavgry! Nvaz! LIEYIU!!!” I screamed.The burst swept past Grabowski like a wave, tossing her like a doll. I broke away and ran to her.
“Are you okay?” I asked.
“Yes. But you wont be!” Grabowski started to tighten the air around my neck.
“Lieyiu.” I choked out.
“What?” she asked.
“LIEYIU” I choked fiercely. And then the air around my throat lessened. Grabowski has fallen limply on her side. I strained to hear her breathing, but didn’t.
“I killed her.” I said shakily. Then suddenly I roared in pain.
“ARI!” I heard Gill shout in the distance. I felt Liesh shake my shoulder, then came back to reality.
“What happened?” Gill asked worriedly.
“I just had a vision.” I said, only just realising I hadn’t had a vision with Gill around. “It was the Tree. It needs me to chop it down, so that no one else is in danger.”
“But, you will die.” Liesh said quietly.
“I might. The tree doesn’t know. But I have to do it.” I walked to where the Tree stood. I looked away, and slashed.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment