Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chap 1.

this is a story about a chick who can see the future.

Chapter 1 - Chap 1.

Chapter 1 - Chap 1.
"...He was standing at the gate. I walked up with Lila. She went to wait by the doors.
“I like you as more than a friend” he said. The smile that had spread across my face said it all. He leaned down to gently kiss me…” I said as I wrote my dream into my notebook.
“Bliss! Come on. You’ll be late.” Mother yelled up from the kitchen, startling me. I scrambled out of bed and started downstairs. Halfway down my brothers, Josh and Kalvin, barreled past almost knocking me over.
“Mother. Can you please tell Josh and Kalvin to walk down the stairs?” I shot them a look.
“Walk down the stairs.” Mother said automatically. I sighed.
“I had another dream.” I said.
“A normal dream or a future dream?” Mother asked.
“Future. And I’m walking today.” I said.
“Why? Are you walking with Geoff?” Taunted Josh, who is three years younger than me.
“No. I don’t want to be in any confined space with you.” I grabbed an apple. “Bye Mother.”
I ran out the door. I saw my best friend Lila up ahead. I ran to catch up with her.
“Hey.” She said. I waved, still out of breath. We turned a corner, and saw Geoff.
“Hey Bliss” he called.
“Hey.” I called back. I looked at Lila. She was laughing.
“What?” I asked. She pointed. I looked down and almost died. I had dropped my apple down my front while I was talking to Geoff.
“Oh no!” I crossed my arms over my front. “I am such a dork!”
“Yeah you are.” Lila agreed. “But you’re my favorite dork. Now, I have some old science homework you can use to wipe that off, and you can borrow my jumper.”
“Lifesaver. You are a lifesaver!” I said pulling on her jumper.
“I know. But now we have to get to school.”
“What am I going to do when I see Geoff?” I worried.
“Pretend it never happened.” Lila said. We got to the school. I got out my notebook for period one, math, but kept writing my dream.
 
…I expected it but it was still a sweet surprise to feel his lips on mine. He said goodbye, and I went to join Lila…
 
“Bliss?” My math teacher asked.
“Huh?” I looked up.
“The sum of 42a and 136y?” He looked at me pointedly.
“You were listening weren’t you?”
“Yeah. Um, 178a-y?” I said.
“Good guess.” He turned back to the blackboard. I tried to put my notebook away subtly. After class I caught up with Lila. We were walking through the school when I saw Geoff again. He was talking to his friends, but he spotted me and waved. I waved back and promptly walked into a pole.
“Twice! That is the second time today that I have done something stupid around Geoff.” I complained as Lila helped me up.
“You need help.” Lila commented. “And a makeover wouldn’t hurt. My mum is an etiquette teacher…”
“And?” I said, brushing myself off “Oh.”
“Not etiquette lessons. Just help.”
“Fine.” I said. After school I went home with Lila, so that I could ask her mum.
“Mum, I’m home.” Lila called.
“In here.”
“Come on.” Lila took me into the kitchen where her mother was sitting at the table.
“Hey mum, can you give Bliss some help?”
“Sure, with what?”
“Everything!” I dropped onto a chair. “There’s this guy, and every time I see him I do something stupid.” Lila started laughing.“Its not funny.” I said huffily. ”Today I saw him, I dropped an apple down the front of my shirt. I saw him again later and I walked into a pole. A pole!”
“Whoa. Calm down. I’ll help. You might need a makeover to.”
“That’s what Lila said. When?” I asked.
“Two days from now. It’s a Saturday. We’ll go shopping. All three of us.” She said.
“Great. I better get home. I have to help with dinner. Bye.” As I left Lila’s house I got out my notebook and wrote as I walked.
 
…I walked inside dreamily, and …
 
I crashed into someone walking in the opposite direction.
“I am so sorry!” I said, grabbing my notebook before they could read it. I was to late.
“This is good. Is this Geoff a real person?” they asked.
“Maybe.” I said
“More yes.” He said as he stuck his head up over the notebook.
“Geoff!” I exclaimed. And ran. I got home and ran straight upstairs with the phone.
“Lila?” I said, a tear starting to slide down my cheek. “He saw it.”
“Who saw what?” Lila asked worriedly.
“My notebook. Geoff.”
“Your notebook?”
“Lila” I asked. “Can I tell you something and you promise you wont laugh?”
“Sure. You can tell me anything. You know that.”  
“Alright. I can see the future.”
“How?”
“You believe me?”
“Yeah. You’re my best friend and you’ve never lied to me.”
“Well, I dream it. I dreamt that Geoff liked me. And it was my dream notebook with me and Geoff…” I trailed off.
“Oh, this is bad.”
“And what’s worse is he still has it!”
“What!”
“I crashed into him, then I was gathering my stuff and he picked it up and started reading it, then I realized it was him and I ran.” I hiccuped “and now my life is over. What am I going to do at school tomorrow?”
“I don’t know, but I have all of my classes with you tomorrow, so if he says anything, I’ll be there.”
“Yeah, so does he. But I have to go now. I’ll see you tomorrow.” I hung up the phone and went to help with dinner. Later I went to bed and racked my brain trying to think of what Geoff would say. When I eventually fell asleep, I dreamed of Geoff telling everyone and them laughing at me. Even the teachers. Even Lila. I woke up in panic when my alarm went off. I went downstairs and didn’t even complain to Mother about Josh and Kalvin. That’s when she knew something was wrong.
“Are you OK Bliss?” she asked quietly.
“Yeah. Fine. I gotta go.” I went out the door and waited for Lila to catch up.
“Lets go.” She said. We didn’t see Geoff as we walked to school, but he was waiting for us at the front gate.
“Bliss.” He said.
“What?” Lila and I stopped.
“Can I talk to you alone?”
“Lila?” I looked at her.
“Fine.” She said. ”But I’ll be over there.” Lila walked away.
“Bliss.” Geoff repeated.
“What?”
“Here’s your book back.”
“Thanks. Did you read it?”
“Well, yeah.”
“Great.” I looked away.
“And I loved it. Because it was true.”
I could feel my jaw dropping.
“Can you repeat that?”
“Its true. I like you as more than a friend.”
The smile that spread across my face said a lot.
“Really?”
“Yeah. And this is playing out just like your story.”
“Yeah. Um, I’ll talk to you later OK?” I said.
“All right. I’m sure you want to go tell Lila everything. But I have something for you first” Geoff leant down and kissed me gently, right in front of everyone. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Lila’s eyes pop out of her head. I motioned her over.
“C-ya Geoff” I said, falling into step with Lila.
“Spill.” Lila said. I told her everything.
“Was it just like your dream?”
“Yeah.” I said. I looked back at Geoff, and sighed. “Do I tell him?”
“I don’t know.”
I looked back at Geoff again. He waved. “Maybe someday. But for now, I’m happy.” 
 
THE END.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment