Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - introduction

 I've really been thinking about making this at camp so yeah. . .I really have no plot right now. *sweatdrop*
 
It's about the differance between Fireflies and Lightning-bugs so far.

Chapter 1 - introduction

Chapter 1 - introduction
Hundreds of years ago, at about this hour that I am typing this message, when the sky grew dark with clouds over a forest. Nearby, two small girls, Kasai and Akari, run inside their houses the surrounding area fell into a deep fog and as the sky darkened, thunder cracked, and lightning raced from cloud to cloud, trying to avoid being caught by the trees. Suddenly the wind forced the forest to moan as a large oak stepped ahead of the crowd slamming against the racer and the crash ended in blazing sparks. Two species emerged.

        As the creatures danced around in a silent rave, the thunder grew quiet, and the lightning grew dark and still. At that moment Kasai and Akari came running out their door, ignoring the rain, towards the glow of the animals. As the two twins ran to the black creatures, they realized that they are not purely black as appeared from away, but they all are small insects with black bodys, red heads, and a glowing yellow tail. When the children drew nearer the insects stopped to dance, but they started to glide over to one of the two children.

        Kasai and Akari learned quickly that they needed not to continue walking but they needed to be still as half the bugs swarmed Kasai and the other half Akari. But the swarms where not of anger, they where of joy, and Kasai soon discovered that and started to play with her crowd and named them all Fireflies. Akari still thinking to be still, watched her sister having fun grew tired and sat down in the misty grass. Before long the bugs followed her. Just like her sister she too named her bugs. She called them Lightning bugs.

        Before long Kasai grew tired too and decided to join her sister in the grass and all of the Fireflies followed, but didn’t stay still. At this time of peace the girls turned to look at each other and then the bugs, then their bugs, just to see the differences and this is what they came up with:

Lightning bugs are the ones who prefer to stay close to the ground and glow more rapidly. Also when they are in the air they are the ones who seem to be slow, until you draw near, then they speed up to escape.

Fireflies are those who want to play all the time and they fly at their top speed. Their glowing pattern is like the embers they came from, begins to fly brightly, then dims down, then they are bright, then another dark fly, and so on.

        After a long time of sitting the girls’ mother came outside and called them inside. Without their leaders the new bugs became saddened and refused to leave their leaders so they waited in and around the grass. They just waited. Today, hundreds of years later they still wait, both waiting for their long lost friends to come back to play, although they have spread since then, they all are still waiting for their masters to come outside, they still wait for a friend they know. Until that day I can be assure of them still lingering around the grassy areas from which they all sat down. Yesterday their glow was made for playing, today it is a signal to lead friends out to play.

~BrokenMoonScar

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

BrokenMoonScar on July 5, 2007, 8:42:50 AM

BrokenMoonScar on
BrokenMoonScarP.S. to all readers who are curious:
 
Kasai means fire in Japanese and Akari means Light(I couldn't find lightning) in japanese

BrokenMoonScar on July 15, 2007, 7:41:52 AM

BrokenMoonScar on
BrokenMoonScarSorry, just ignore the "Â"s in that comment. That isn't even possibal for me to type in this keybord.

WindWolf on July 6, 2007, 1:13:18 AM

WindWolf on
WindWolfthis is good xd i wish i had some advise but i don't i think it's great the way it is