Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter Three

Yep. New story. HURRAH.

Chapter 3 - Chapter Three

Chapter 3 - Chapter Three
Chapter 3
        The scrawny, auburn wolf trotted to the border of his territory. He sniffed at the ground, inhaling his packs scent, and listened to a wolf sitting next to him. The scrawny wolf turned his head and faced his companion. His companion was a larger, yet still not average, black male. Both the brown and the black wolf had a ring of blue dots around their eyes. The black male snorted and stared back at the scrawny male,"We're about to cross territories, Squirrel." Squirrel twitched and sniffed at the border once more, lowering his ears. "I know,"Squirrel mumbled,"I'm not stupid. I can smell the Norse Pack's scent. Are you sure we're allowed to do this, Coin?" Coin rolled his eyes and gazed across the landscape, sniffing the air. "We're allowed to pass territories as long as we have a good reason-" he was cut off by Squirrel dashing away after a deer. Coin widened his eyes and raced after his brother. "No Squirrel!" he shouted, dodging a boulder and gaining speed,"We can't hunt on another pack's territory! It will completely obliterate the point you idiot!" Squirrel tackled the doe, wrenching his teeth into it's flesh. Coin gained as much speed as he could and dived into Squirrel, making the younger sibling tumble into the long grass. The doe staggered back to her feet and limped away. Coin watched it, praying that it would survive, but luck wasn't with him. The doe fell, making a sickening thump as it fell to the ground. Coin winced and sniffed the air. He widened his eyes and snapped his head to the side, seeing what he had prayed he'd never see. A white streak was running down the hill, and Coin new it was one of the Norse Pack's members. The white wolf bounded towards Squirrel, his redbrown eyes blazing. Squirrel looked up, seeming to come to his senses, and panicked. He could not hide what he had done, and the white wolf knew it. The wolf came up to him in a trot, snarling and raising his tail. "May I ask what the frack you're doing?"the wolf barked, circling the two strangers. Squirrel cowered, the yellow feathers in his fur betraying him for the coward he was. Coin, on the other hand, had the dignified blue feathers in his fur, and stood up bravely. "We were on our way to see you're alpha,"he stated,"and my brother happened to hunt one of your does. I hope you accept my apologies, and I'm sure my brother didn't mean it." The wolf growled, his fur bristling, and got ready to pounce. Unfortunately, his mate, an autumn, mousy little male, slammed into his side. "Coffee!"the little male squealed, licking the white wolf all around his face. "Oh my, Hello Cream,"Coffee said, blushing and licking Cream's ear. Behind Cream stood a large, skinny white wolf with teal stripes running down his back. "Oh...wow,"the striped wolf mumbled, snorting slightly. "Hallo Brains!" Coffee yelped,"Where's Brawn?" Brains rolled his eyes and sat behind the two lovers, keeping an eye on the strangers. "He's about to give birth,"Brains said, grunting in embarressment,"To our pups. We performed the ritual a few weeks ago. That's why I came looking for you with Cream. We wanted to tell you. The whole pack is waiting, but only the alphas, me, you, and Cream are allowed to watch." The two lovers nodded, then glanced towards the strangers. "They will come with us,"Coffee grunted,"I'm sure Alpha Lyf and Alpha Dark will want to question them."
        Coin and Squirrel sat outside the cave, surrounded by the pack members. Inside, however, sat the Alphas, Brains, Brawn, Coffee, and Cream. Brawn lay on the floor, with black feathers in his mouth. The rest surrounded him, keeping their distance, yet watching with fasination. Dark and Lyf had not had to do this part of the ritual, thanks to being females. The males, on the other hand, got a mental signal when the time for the birth of their pups was due. The "pregnant" male would gather feathers for the number of pups he would have, and sit in the den untill he was ready. For Brains and Brawn, it was two feathers, and that was the number of feathers that were in Brawn's mouth. He lay down the feathers beside his stomach, and inhaled deeply. Brawn raised his head and began to sing the Song of Birth. The two feathers began to tremble and glow, but Brawn did not stop singing. He would not stop singing untill his pups were born. The feathers shook violently, and one of them had began to have a strange glowing crack run down the middle. Out of the light formed a head, a pups head, and the one of Brawn's pups was being born. The newborn squirmed and wriggled slightly, and the feather seemed to explode. Instead of exploding outward, however, it surrounded the little pup and soaked into it. The pup sunk to the floor and whimpered. The other feather had just exploded as well, and another, smaller pup sunk to the floor. The smaller pup whimpered too, but much louder than the firstborn. The surrounding wolves looked at Brawns stomach, and saw to tiny holes emerge in his stomach. Brawn nudged the two pups to his stomach, and they began to nurse. Brawn grunted and swished his tail at the remaining wolves, and they took it as a cue to leave. Brains nuzzled his mate, and the two lovers sank to the floor in exaustion, beginning to fall asleep.
        Dark and Lyf squeezed out of the den and yawned in the dim light. Their nine pups hopped around them, nipping at their parent's chins. Dark sank into the grass outside of the cave and closed her eyes. Lyf blinked at her, licking Dark's muzzle, and continued toward the intruders. The two wolves bowed, and Lyf nodded,"Well, at least you treat the alpha's with respect. However, my warrior said he watched you kill one of our does." Lyf snorted and glanced at Coffee, who returned the glance with a nod. "So,"Lyf continued,"You'd better have a good reason for trespassing and stealing." Coin rose to his paws and nodded. "I'm sorry,"he began,"If we trespassed and stole. I assure you, it was not my intention to steal...only to inform." He cleared his throat, and stole a glare at Squirrel. Dark walked up to Lyf and stood beside her. "Inform us of what, Featherpaw Pack Member?" Dark questioned, tilting her head,"I do understand we have peace with your pack, so my mate and I forgive you for your mistakes." Lyf snorted and nuzzled her mates fur,"You go too easy on them." Coin shuffled and bowed his head in embarressment. He licked his fur and lifted his head once more. "Norse Pack, since you are friends of the Featherpaw Pack, we have come to share this information with you. There is a pack of wolves coming towards our territories. They are looking for recruits, and plan on destroying us all unless we join. The leader is a large, black wolf...larger than I've ever seen. He calls himself Fenrir. I'm afraid of what to do, and I do believe we should have an alliance of sorts. Without an allience, I doubt we could ever defeat him."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment