Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Chapter Four

Yep. New story. HURRAH.

Chapter 4 - Chapter Four

Chapter 4 - Chapter Four
Chapter Four
        The two elders towards the back of the group exchanged a look. They knew this was serious, and despite their old age, neither had dealt with something like this. The entire pack, except Brains and Brawn of course, was still. They were all focused on the strangers, and were waiting for the alphas to do something about it. Both elders were brown, though one was a bit larger than the other and had a black mane, white underbelly, and white paws. The larger was named Shadow, and the smaller was named Donatello. Both had become good friends, and often sat next to each other, grooming each other and exchanging tales of their history. Donatello was also older than Shadow, but his age rarely showed. He liked to sleep, but also had fun with the pups; playing with them and disciplining them. Most of all, Donatello was brave. In Donatello's former pack, he had chased away a lone male that had tried to kill the alpha's pups. Now he was in the Norse Pack, and the mention of Fenrir brought that memory back.
        Shadow and Donatello approached the alphas, bowing slightly, then sitting. Donatello spoke first,"There was a lone pupkiller who had snuck into my pack's den. I chased him away. Surely, I can chase this..Fenrir away?" Coin glanced at Donatello, then back to the alphas,"Packs have been killed. We only know this because our allies to the south, the stray pack, says he's almost at their border. Whole packs have been killed fighting this..monster. Surely an elder like you can't handle this." Donatello growle fiercely, his fur bristling. "I've been alive for eighteen years. That's six times how long you've lived. Don't tell me I cannot handle this. I've seen pack's die, and I've seen rogue scum like this Fenrir creep their way into a pack and destroy it. You, luckily, have not seen death, but what you're telling me, you will soon." Donatello grunted and marched back towards the tree. Shadow bowed to the alphas, snorted at Coin, and trotted after him. The pack watched as they both lay in the grass, and began grooming each other.
        A fast fog, only about three feet high, crept under the legs of the wolves, stopping and hovering in front of the allies. It slowly formed into the white, blind seer that had given Dark meat, and was now teacher to Avalanche. Joker stared blindly at the allies and spoke, his low voice seeming to hover over the land,"They're right, Dark. We must plan for a defence against Fenrir. No lone pack can save themselves, but I believe that perhaps we will conquer." Joker flicked his ear, and a bolt of green lightning shot next to him. Where the lightning scorched the grass now stood a fox with a green symbol under his eyes. His name was Domosu, and he was the pack's healer. He nodded to Dark, then to Lyf, and faced the two allies. "Tell your alphas that terror is about to come. However, tell them that we will help you in your cause,"The mysterious healer said, pushing a bundle of herbs and berries in front of the two strangers. "That is medicine for your trip home,"he explained,"the berries will cure your thirst and hunger. The herbs will cure your exaustion." Both the seer and the healer bowed, and in a flash, were gone. Dark faced the two travelers. "Both of you have done an honorable thing, and it might have saved this pack's life. We thank you for that, and you may stay here untill you are ready to tell your pack the news." With that, Dark and Lyf stood, bowed to the travelers, and howled the Pack Song.

        It rained that night, and soaked the field and trees outside the den. Inside the cave, Coin and Squirrel were fast asleep, along with most of the Norse Pack. Two pups, however, were awake.
        Odin squirmed in his sleep and opened his eyes. He whimpered quietly and looked at his sister, lying beside him. The dream...what was the dream he had. He jolted as the dream came back to him. It was about Fenrir. He had dreamed of a large shadow moving along the ground. The shadow was a black wolf with blazing red eyes. The wolf's jaws reached from heaven to hell, and he was about to kill Odin. Odin curled his tail around his legs and cast his gaze around at his sleeping siblings. He felt so different from his brothers and sisters. Except...his brother, Qa'nir. He locked his eyes onto his black-furred brother. He felt wierd about Qa'nir. Qa'nir was different, like him, and Odin liked him...a little too much, he thought. He rose to his feet, and delicately stepped over the siblings surrounding him. He was almost out of the den when he heard paws behind him. He turned around and saw his brother, Qa'nir.
        The two pups sat in the doorway to the cave, staring out into the rain. "You know,"Qa'nir said quietly,"I know how you feel about me." Odin shivered and stared at him, shuddering at what Qa'nir might say. "I mean, I like you and all,"he continued,"But not like THAT, Odin. We're brothers, and I want to wait for someone perfect for me." Odin cast his gaze to the ground, and lowered his ears. He had known Qa'nir couldn't feel that way about him. Especially since they were brothers, and the age didn't help either. Qa'nir coughed,"I'm sorry, Odin." Odin nodded and stared back out into the rain. He could feel himself slowly getting depressed. He sighed and mumbled,"It's alright Qa'nir. I'll never find someone perfect for me..I wish you luck though." Qa'nir winced and nodded, casting his gaze into the storm as well. "Training starts tomarrow,"Qa'nir mumbled. Odin blinked and leaned against the entrance wall. It was time he grew up, he thought to himself, and he was sure to prove it to the whole pack.

        Odin tumbled on the ground, his nose pushing into the soft sand on the shore of the lake. Freki leaped to Odin's left and aimed at Odin,"Defence!". Then he dove at Odin. Odin dodged, ducking under him and skirting away from the water. Freki spun around as he hit the ground, and rushed towards the cave. Odin remembered the lecture Freki had given him earlier in the day. "Never let you're enemy get to the dens,"he had said. Odin dove towards Freki and leapt on his back, gnawing on Freki's scruff. The two wolves tumbled, but Odin dove out of the way, and, while Freki was on the ground, tore off for the forest. "Lead the enemy away from the dens. Get him frustrated so he'll follow you." Odin remembered most of the information Freki had given him, and was using this newfound knowledge to Freki's disadvantage. As he ran he remembered his mother, Dark, giving him advice before he went out to train. "Teachers always expect you to forget the information they give you. They usually forget before you do, so keep all the information to yourself." Odin nodded to himself and dived under some shrubbery, wincing as his mentors paws raced past him. He let out a sigh of relief and backed farther into the shrubs. His tail bumped into fur, and he let out a surprised snort, turning around and scraping his ear against a branch.
        "I'm sorry to scare you," said Hati, curling his tail around his body. Odin let out a shiver and nodded,"It's okay, Hati." The two had spent hours at a time talking about their dreams, and they had a close bond. Hati nodded and uncurled his tail, staring at Odin. "We both have green eyes,"he mumbled, cuddling closer to Odin. Odin blushed and nuzzled the top of Hati's head with his own. "I thought I liked Qa'nir,"he sighed, gazing out through the cracks in the shrubbery. Hati nodded and yawned,"I know. It's okay though. I'm pretty sure you'd like being with me." Odin blushed and looked down at Hati. They both locked eyes, but were inturrupted by something crashing through the forest. Odin pricked his ears and crawled out of the bush, with Hati following closely.
        The buck slammed into Odin with full force. Hati widened his eyes and cowered as the deer fell to the forest floor. The young pup gazed around the forest, seeing nothing but trampled grass. He rushed to Odin's side and licked his cheek. Odin was on his side, with a cut in his hind leg. Hati examined the wound, and judged it to be just a scratch. Odin mumbled and stood warily, casting anxious glances towards the fallen deer. "What was that all about,"he mumbled, limping towards the buck. The deer lay in the shrubbery that Odin and Hati had been in moments before. It had no wounds, and judging from it's surroundings, had nothing to run from. Behind them, Freki and Lyf were running towards them. Lyf stopped behind them and licked each of their heads. "What happened, Mommy-san?" Odin asked Lyf, glancing back towards the buck. Freki had arrived then, and was grooming his son warily. Lyf stared at the buck, sniffing it carefully,"I don't know, Odin.."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment