Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Rounders Game

About a girl who is alot like me. She has a strong imagination and most things for her turn into adventures. Just a small story I'm working on

Chapter 1 - Rounders Game

Chapter 1 - Rounders Game
SLAM! Two swords cracked together with a blinding light, each one defending their proud and fierce owners' brave and armoured bodies. The rubies on one of them glinted in the light whilst the shrunken heads on the other one slammed together with a loud crunch every time. The mid-morning heat created large droplets of sweat, big enough for a fly to curl up and die in. Deafening roars of fury vibrated the earth as one of the brave fighters surged forwards to begin her battle. Time was up for the other fighter. Time was obviously up.

"Tomato, hurry up!" An irritated young girl, named Tara, with curly blonde hair snapped Harriet 'Tomato' Illso and Geogi 'Lion' Vortex out of their incredibly well-planned daydream. They were immediately back in the boring school field, watching the rounders game with bored interest. The cricket bats that they were using for swords fell to their sides miserably and Lion sighed. Why was life so truly boring? Why couldn't they go on any real adventures? The answers were never clear. Maybe they were just too boring to have adventures. Just maybe.

Tomato ran over the muddy grass towards the large square in which she would have to hit the tiny white ball in. It was as though she had stepped into a spotlight as the sun glared down on her back, almost straight away burning and sizzling the milky-pale skin coating her.

"Ready!" she cried loudly, allowing the bat to fling backwards and in a ready position, pretending yet again that they were stuck in the tremendous battlefield - surrounded by death, fires, and swords - and fighting against the dreaded witch Yizaldo. Yizaldo, who was one of the most ugliest witches in Strangeland, twitched her long pointed nose in the emerald coloured light, trembling the huge wart that was balanced on the end. She raised her bubbling, green arm in preperation for the throw.

"Beware, Tomato Illso!" screeched Yizaldo, throwing her thick, heavy, rusty, and utterly dangerous metal ball directly at Tomato's face. One of her more successful tactics, she knew, as once before Tomato had gained a cracked tooth from this rather evil action. Tomato held up her glimmering sword as protection, although it probably would not work, and the ball went flying across the battlefield. A few of Yizaldo's warriors attempted to straight-off catch it, but, as predicted, it injured them instead. She ran away from the evilness, faster than is possible.

"ROUNDER!" roared the previously 'irritated' young girl, Izzy as Tomato ran all the way around the muddy, slimy track. The so-called 'warriors' who had tried to capture the metal hunk of death were scattered all around the place, fallen flat on their faces. A smile was cracking Izzy's face wide open and she looked happier than you could imagine. They had won the last game of the season, and now they were the year 8 champions.

"Winner!" she screamed, and Tomato circled the battleground, her head in her shirt, in victory. Finally! They were completely successful and would get the trophy for the first time in three years.

Of course, the whole battle had been a daydream. It was the muddy field that truly counted.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment