Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Detention

About a girl who is alot like me. She has a strong imagination and most things for her turn into adventures. Just a small story I'm working on

Chapter 2 - Detention

Chapter 2 - Detention
A tall, lanky boy shoved past Tomato on his hurry to get out of detention. Yes - detention, again. Tomato was not one of the most well-behaved girls and so detention was almost yet another class to her. This time she had been caught by one of the teachers trying to stab Lion with a cricket bat. Maybe not one of her more sensible moves, but definately one of the funnier ones. And Lion hadn't minded. She tried to stab back, except that she failed.

The spiky, bristled hairs from the coldness, revealed bare on the boy's pale arms, swept by her own arm and poked right into it. She swirled around, her poker-straight, jet-black hair lashing his face, and stood right up to him, attempting to look threatening although she was quite plainly several centimetres too small to be a threat. She was, unfortunate for her adventures, a rather short, little girl with almost no muscles at all.

"Nobody pushes me about and gets away with it!" she cried out, for Tomato might have been small but she was certainly a girl of independence, and when people tried to shove her about like a rag doll or maybe even tell her what to do (unless they were either teacher or parent) she would have them. Once she even tried to get one person arrested for assault when they bumped into her on the stairway, but the police got annoyed and bore a grudge against her since that point.

The boy swivelled around as well, shocked and amused at this small act of rebellion. He was the toughest boy in year 9, famed for being stubborn, horrible, and a bully all at once. His prickly, spiked-up blonde hair glimmered in the sunlight although it was getting splattered by the oncoming storm and his face contorted into an angry frown. In a matter of seconds his eyes were nothing more than small slits in his head. Angry is a slight understatement.

"What did you say to me?" he hissed, and they began circling like eagles cornering their prey together. In Tomato's mind, they were back in the battlefield and one of Yizaldo's evil warriors was trying to get her. Yeah right! Impossible didn't even come close to the possibility of him beating her. Even if he was a positively handsome warrior, as well as an awfully terrible one, she would not be beaten by him and that was that.

"I said; nobody pushes me about and truly gets away with it," she snarled. Even though she knew she was in fact getting herself into a deep, unfathomable hole of danger, Tomato was not afraid. In fact, she couldn't wait to get into another fight and back in detention. Detention was like a safe haven for her; the only place she could escape to from the horrid and teasing world around her. All she had to do was write lines, and seeing as she was a top class story-writer, it meant nothing to her. In the words of her father, 'She's a changed girl ever since her mother died'. And she was. The lovely, bubbly Tomato was gone and in her place came the detention-seeking, adventurous, imaginative Tomato. In her opinion: the better one.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment