Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - 1

These two girls are sisters - and enemies. When Kara does something naughty she is sent packing.

Chapter 1 - 1

Chapter 1 - 1


Part One



Lindsay stormed throughout the house, making the ground shudder and the door quake. Her jet black hair flared up behind her head as she stamped from room to room, making as much noise as was humanly possible. Practically leaping downstairs in utter anger, she knocked a vase to the ground with a loud smash. Thunderous rock music echoed from upstairs along with the noise of a cat wailing for some supposedly painful reason. Parts of the cream carpet had splatters of mud and filth dotted around and surprisingly, up on the ceiling there was a pie, stuck there the previous night. It was not a nice shock for when the parents returned.



Lindsay was the kind of girl who didn't care what the parents - or foster parents, in her case - thought. She did things for herself, by herself, and seeing as Mr and Mrs. Parsnip were on their second honeymoon, Lindsay had taken it in her stride to hold a house party the previous night and wreck the house. At that point, it appeared she hadn't done a good enough job and was finishing it off. Everybody from the party had been warded off that morning, although she could hear the wailing of somebody trapped in the basement. She didn't care; they'd probably got themselves trapped in there from some reason whilst they were drunk and now that they had a hangover they weren't thinking logically. Being 16 years old herself, Lindsay knew how it felt.



A small figure emerged from the confines of the kitchen to find out what all of the noise was about. She had fiery, scruffy ginger hair that curled a little at the ends along with chocolate brown eyes that were, at that point in time, round and fearful, and hidden behind a large pair of glasses. She was Lindsay's younger sister, Kara, and as Lindsay slammed through the living room and tossed a pile of cushions to the floor as she went, Kara didn't dare ask what was wrong. She knew her sister too well. She also knew that whilst the party had been in full swing the previous night, Oliver the dog had followed her under the stairs and down into the basement, fallen asleep, and forgotten to follow her back out again.



"Get out of the way, you little rodent," snarled Lindsay, attempting to get past Kara to wreck the kitchen as well. Kara obediently stepped aside to allow Lindsay through - she didn't want to get into any trouble with Gregor Parsnip when he returned with his wife - sticking out one of her small feet as she moved. The result was phenomenal. As she walked forwards, Lindsay crashed to the floor with an ear-splitting screech, looking like the biggest loser in the entire world. Kara gulped in terror. Maybe sticking her foot out hadn't been the best idea, then. It would almost certainly get her into more trouble with her sister than Mr Parsnip. Immediately she put her petite foot back next to the other.



"Right, you little rat," growled Lindsay, standing up shakily, wiping a stream of blood away from a cut on her chin, and brushing herself down. Her eyes flashed dangerously as she put out both of her hands ready to grasp Kara's scrawny little neck with. Nothing angered her more than her young, stupid sister. Ten long fingernails protruded hazardously from the tips of her pale fingers and she slowly moved toward Kara as menacingly as she could manage. Kara gulped again, her pale face growing paler by the second, and put out her hands to shield her face. Lindsay neared. Kara cowered. Lindsay reached her and Kara screamed.



The next second Lindsay was back on the floor, looking absolutely shocked, a dazed expression on her face. What on earth had happened? Lindsay blinked twice, sitting up and staring at her younger sister who was still standing, frozen, in fright. Subsequently a wave of pain hit Lindsay and she curled up in a tight ball. Kara lowered her hands and peered around, surprised, wondering where on earth her sister had gotten to. And then she noticed. Lindsay was sprawled in agony on the ground, clutching at the wound on her chin in which blood was still steadily streaming out of.



"Lindsay! Lindz! What's the matter?" she cried out, fearing that it was something she had done. She clambered across the ground toward her. "Lindsay? Just say something!" she screamed, pulling Lindsay's arms away from her face. Lindsay just groaned and shut her eyes as though she was about to fall asleep. Some form of dark magic had been placed upon her, although Kara, of course being a classic 10 year old, simply thought she was dying. She put her head to Lindsay's head and tears streamed down her face.



And then the post arrived.




Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment