Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - How Cara came to Labyrinth

Ok I'm on a Labyrinth kick and wanted to write so this came about. Read and comment if you like. Oh and yes Niki is my sister I have us both at the age we would be when I first wanted to try and write this which is me at about 15/16 and her at 13/14

Chapter 1 - How Cara came to Labyrinth

Chapter 1 - How Cara came to Labyrinth
[color=][size=25]Ok I'm on a Labyrinth kick and got bored so I started writing a story about me going to the Labyrinth read it you like and comment if you like too. ^_^ [/size][/color]
[color=]
[/color]Ch1 How it all began

Cara sat there listening to the sound of the wind, the ducks quacking, and all the other sounds of the park. It always helped to be around nature after "one of those times."

It hadn't been any special kind of day it started like any other and seemed to be moving along just like any other day. She could hear it her parents were fighting again. *Good timing* she thought, she had just finished rereading one of her favorite books "The Phantom Of The Opera" and was about to finish rereading her other favorite book "Labyrinth" when she heard it, she knew they wouldn't stop for a long while and if she didn't get out of the house or stay in her room she'd get dragged into it and yelled at too. Since she'd finished her book she decided to get out of the house.

She grabbed "Labyrinth" and quietly and quickly snuck around her parents and out of the house; she breathed a sigh of relief when she was outside. She decided to go to the park like normal she opened her book and began to read as she walked when she heard "Hey Cawa wait for me." She turned around to see, not to her surprise, her little sister Niki walking after her. Her short red hair bobbed up and down as she ran at her (even at 13/14 years old she wouldn't say "Cara" even though she could and she knew how) Niki's hazel eyes looked up at Cara pleading to go with her. Cara sighed, "Ok Niki you can come if you promise to be good." "I promise", Niki said happily. Although she didn't really like to watch Niki as much as she did it was better then leaving her in their house.

When they got to the park Niki ran off to play and Cara sat down in front of a tree where she could read her book and watch Niki at the same time. After she finished Cara sat there, closed her eyes, and listen to the sounds around her, then she suddenly heard "Cawa what's this?" She opened her eyes and looked at her sister who now was beside her looking at her book.

"That's my book now give it back."
"Why you read this?"
"Cause I like it now give it back!"
"No." Niki said smiling and ran off with it. "Damn." Cara ran after her she knew Niki and Niki was a little trouble maker. "Niki give it back now" Niki stopped near the edge of the lake. "No I want it!" she yelled. Cara tried to remain calm "Niki it's my book so you can't have it now please give it back" Niki looked sad then suddenly smiled Cara knew that was never good. "Ok" said Niki as she promptly threw it into the lake. Cara let out a small gasp and shriek as she ran over to Niki just in time to finish watching her book sink.

"Niki you are just horrible!" Cara yelled. Niki just stood there smiling "But you still love me" Cara let out a sigh and looked at her sister, *That's debatable sometimes* she thought then she smirked slightly she knew she still had another new copy of it hidden in her room where Niki couldn't find it and she couldn't help but think that if that book that Niki had thrown was real and she was lucky enough she could just wish her away of course she wasn't sure if she'd go after Niki at this point but figured she would just so she didn't get in trouble. Cara let out a little laugh; Niki looked at her confused "What are you laughing at Cawa?" "Oh nothing just that if you'd read that book instead of throw it in the lake you'd know it tell you how to wish your little sister away." Cara smiled a little as Niki's eyes widened slightly and looked at where the book had sunken in the water. "Come on we better get back so mom and dad don't worry." Cara said *If they've even stopped fighting yet* she added mentally "OK" Niki said and started off followed by her older sister.

As Cara began to walk she suddenly felt like someone was watching her and heard a rustle of leaves in the tree behind her, she turned around to see what if anything was there and to her surprised she saw a beautiful white barn owl starring at her. She stared back since she'd never really seen an owl before, at least not in real life, she was fascinated she was also a bit surprised that the owl seemed to be looking right at her and at intervals turning its head as if deciding something about her. She was so busy staring at it that she didn't notice Niki come up and stand beside her "What you look'n at Cawa?" she said as she looked up as well. "An owl," said Cara "Ewwwwwwwww," Niki said sticking her tongue out "Owls are yucky and mom says their diseased." Cara just rolled her eyes, "No Niki they aren't they're beautiful and majestic creatures" "I think they're yucky! Let's go Cawa" Niki said as she pulled on Cara's hand. "Ok ok" she said as she let her little sister lead her away but ever so often she looked back to see if the owl was still there.

"Cawa?" "Yes Niki?" "Are you going to tell mom about the book?" Niki asked worriedly. "Maybe or maybe I'll just ask the goblins to come and take you away, right now." Cara answered with a smile and started laughing a little. "Not funny" Niki said with a little bit of a huff and a frown as they continued walking. Cara Looked back once more to see the owl had disappeared *Probably went back home* she thought.

Suddenly Cara felt a strong gust of wind and the sensation that she was falling thinking she had tripped on something maybe Niki's foot, since she liked to do that, she tried to catch herself but found she couldn't and that her hair was suddenly flying around her face and she heard Niki scream. "AH! WHAT'S GOING ON CARA? WHY ARE WE IN THE AIR?" "Huh?" Cara said confused trying to get the hair out of her face; she knew something was wrong Niki only said her name right when something was wrong. When she managed to get all the hair out of her eyes she saw Niki was right they were indeed falling she didn't understand what had happened how had they gotten up so high and into the air? Before she could answer herself she noticed something out of the corner of her eye she looked over and her mouth dropped open a little before her was a sight she had never seen and didn't think she'd ever be lucky enough to see.

Before her was the Labyrinth she knew it as soon as she saw it, it was an amazing view of an amazing place. Niki's new screams shook her out of her gaze, "What is it Niki?" she asked "I looked down!" she yelled. Cara remembered they were falling and unfortunately then looked down as well and saw that the ground was coming closer much faster then she thought. No wanting to see what happened and being slightly afraid of heights and the sudden stop that was soon to come she covered her eyes. Suddenly she felt another strong gust of wind which cause her to cover her eyes more, she then heard Niki yell "CARA!" but it seemed distant now she hadn't sounded so far away when she had yelled before. She moved her hands away to see herself just about to hit a tree she covered her eyes again and felt herself begin to hit some branches and then fall on something "Owie" was all she could manage to say.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment