Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - The journey begins

Ok I'm on a Labyrinth kick and wanted to write so this came about. Read and comment if you like. Oh and yes Niki is my sister I have us both at the age we would be when I first wanted to try and write this which is me at about 15/16 and her at 13/14

Chapter 5 - The journey begins

Chapter 5 - The journey begins
Ch5 The journey begins

Sarah and Cara walked through the gates and looked at the high walls and two paths they could take. *Ok, slightly creepy and ominous,* Cara thought as she looked around, she also noticed Hoggle walking up behind them. "Cozy isn't it?" he asked rather loudly making Sarah jump "HO HA HA! HA HA HA HA!" Hoggle laughed as he walked around them and leaned slightly against the wall in front of them "Now, would the two of you go left or right?" Cara and Sarah looked down the paths "They both look the same," said Sarah. Cara had to admit they did look almost the same the only real differance she could see was that the path to their right was cluttered with braches and brambles while the path to the left was cleaner. "Well you're not gonna get very far," Hoggle said looking at Sarah then glanceing at Cara as if waiting for her response but before Cara could even begin to for a word Sarah asked Hoggle "Which way would you go?" "Me? I wouldn't go either way," he responded. "Is there another way to go?" Cara asked Hoggle raised an eyebrow and Sarah rolled her eyes "If thats all the help you're gonna be you can just leave," she said to Hoggle who stood up and began to walk out "You know your problem? You take too many things for granted. Take this labyrinth for example, even if you two get to the center you'll never get out again." "That's your opinion." Sarah reponded "Well it's alot better then yours!" Hoggle said as he walked out the gate. "Thanks for nothing Hogwart," Sarah said "Oh! It's HOGGLE and DON'T say I didn't warn you two!" he shouted as he left slamming the gates behind him.

Sarah and Cara both jumped slightly at the sound of the gates slamming. Cara looked down the paths again "So which way should we go?" she asked Sarah. Sarah sighed, "Lets try this way." she said as she walked off down the path to the right. Cara looked down the path to the left *I know that one looks safer but I better follow Sarah,* she thought *I already have an idea of what to expect that way besides things aren't always what they seem here.* Cara decided to follow Sarah only stopping once when she noticed something strange on the wall, it looked like lichen but with eyes. Cara shrugged and hurried to catch up with Sarah but she was sure she heard the lichen talking "Oh! Oh! Who's she? Who's she? Oh!"

Cara and Sarah walked down the path stepping over branches and things, after a few minutes Sarah sighed "What do they mean 'labyrinth'? There aren't any turns or corners or anything it just goes on and on." Sarah leaned against the wall and sadly looked down the path "Maybe it doesn't," said Cara trying to cheer Sarah up "Maybe we're just taking it for granted that it does." Sarah stood up still looking down the path "Maybe." Sarah took off running with Cara at her heels, they looked for any kind of corner but all they could see were straight walls after awhile they slowed down Sarah was obviously getting angry while Cara simply seemed to be getting a bit tired from the running. Cara was now walking quickly as Sarah ran a few more steps then groaned and hit the walls a few times letting out a small scream of frustration each time before finally sliding down the wall and sitting down. "You alright?" Cara asked as she sat down beside her Sarah strated to say something when they heard " 'Allo."

They looked at each other then at the wall where a small blue worm was sitting(or standing Cara wasn't sure) "Did you 'hello'?" Sarah asked "No I said 'allo but thats close enough," he replied *A talking worm,* thought Cara *Never seen one of those before and I didn't know they had hair or wore scarfs. Oh well when in rome.* " 'Allo," she said waving slightly at him, to which he nodded(probably cause since he is a worm he has no arms or hands with which to wave) "You're a worm aren't you?" Sarah asked still trying to make sure herself "Yeah, that's right," he said with a nod "You don't by any chance know the way through this labyrinth do you?" Sarah asked hopefully "Who me? No I'm just a worm. Heh," he replied "Oh," Sarah said somewhat disappointed. "Why don't you two come inside and meet the missus?" the worm asked Sarah looked at him strangely $How does he expect us to fit in there?$ she thought. "Thank you but no," Cara said "You see we have to solve this labyrinth." "Yes," Sarah continued "But there aren't any doors or any turns or any openings or anything! It just goes on and on!" Sarah was getting rather upset again when the worm said "Sure there are. It's full of opening it's just you ain't seein' them." "Where are they?" she asked "There's one just across there it's right infront of you," he replied. Both Cara and Sarah looked where he said but all the could see was a wall "No there isn't," Sarah said "Come inside you two and have a nice cup of tea," the worm offered "But there isn't an opening," Sarah said the worm laughed "Of course there is you two try walkin' through it and you'll see what I mean." At this point Cara, who had stood up and walked over to the wall to get a closer look, turned around "you sure?" Cara asked the worm nodded "Go on, then." "That's just wall there's no way through," Sarah said "I don't know," said Cara "Things aren't always what they seem so you can't really take any thing for granted." The worm nodded "Quite right, especially in this place."

Cara walked closer to the wall putting her hand out derectly infront of her and waited to hit the wall, but it was taking longer then she thought it should. Cara noticed that the wall was looking a bit strange, she tilted her head slightly and saw a path hidden behind a part of the wall "Hey, Sarah!" she called "What?" Sarah asked Cara responded by walking and dissapearing behind a part of the wall Sarah gasped slightly and stood up, rushing over. Cara had come back into view now "Come on," she urged Sarah, who carefully walked forward till she too say the hidden path "Hey!" Sarah said and started to walk down the path to the left "Hey! Hang on!" the worm called "Thank you Mr. Worm, that was incredibly helpful," Cara said "But don't go that way," he said Sarah popped her head back around the corner to look at the worm "What was that?" she asked "I said 'don't go that way'," the worm repeated "Never go THAT way." "Oh, thanks." said Sarah as she started down the path to the right "Yes," said Cara as she started after Sarah "Thank you alot." "Whew," said the worm "If they'd have kept on going down that way they'd have gone straight to that castle."

In the new part of the labyrinth the found an obelisk looking thing with hands on it each pointing a different way. Cara and sarah looked at all of the wondering which way to go when Cara said "Sarah look!" Sarah looked at where Cara and the hand were pointing, straight at the castle. Suddenly they heard crying "Is that a baby?" Cara asked listening again "Toby," Sarah said rushing off in the direction of the castle with Cara close behind "I'm coming Toby," Sarah said looking around "Sarah?" "Yes?" "Is it me or did the castle just move?" Cara asked

Inside the castle Toby was crying as goblins ran around yelling at each other, Jareth sat on his throne trying to ignore them and he wasn't the only one. Niki had her hands over her ears mumbuling "Shut up, shut up!" over and over again. She looked up from what she was doing at the goblins, #They're such idiots,# she thought as her gaze went to the baby her "cell mate" #Kid please stop crying or I may have to choke you.# Since the baby wasn't stopping Niki got up and walked over to him, sitting down beside him. "Hey kid," she said "Will you shut up if I tell you a story?" The baby, who was Toby only Niki had no idea what his name was, looked at her and seemed to quiet down a little at this question. "Ok stink face," Niki said #Here goes nothing# she thought as she tried to think of a story "Once upon a time in a kingdom far far way," she started(cause that seem to be how it was done with most stories) "There lived..." Niki thought for a moment, what story should she tell or who should she make it about? "Lived who?" a goblin asked, she seemed to have gotten a bit of a crowd for this story, one baby and about half a dozen goblins at least. She noticed out of the corner of her eye that Jareth seemed to be looking at her as if waiting to see if she could do it. That gave her an idea. "There lived two princesses," she said smiling slightly this was going to be an interesting story yet.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment