Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Niki's story

Ok I'm on a Labyrinth kick and wanted to write so this came about. Read and comment if you like. Oh and yes Niki is my sister I have us both at the age we would be when I first wanted to try and write this which is me at about 15/16 and her at 13/14

Chapter 6 - Niki's story

Chapter 6 - Niki's story
Ch6 Niki's story

"Once upon a time in a kingdom far far away there lived two princesses," Niki started again making sure that all the goblins that had surrounded her and the baby(Toby) were listening and that Jareth was too. "The two princesses were very different but the same in a lot of ways. The older princess was shy, quiet, obedient, very kind and caring while the younger one was not shy, loud, rebellious, and was able to convince others of almost anything, but still rather caring and kind... at times." Niki smirked she wondered if any of those goblins would realize it was her and Cara, she also liked the fact she could say pretty much anything about her and her sister and no one would know it was them. "The two princesses cared about each other very much and were often the only comfort the other one had from their horrible parents. The princesses’ mother and father acted as if they hated their children and would work them like slaves. They would even blame the princesses for things they didn't do, especially the older one. The elder princess was blamed for anything that went wrong and often blamed for what the younger princess did wrong or when she did something she wasn't suppose to do. They claimed the older princess was supposed to watch her sister and keep her out of trouble but she couldn't watch her every second of the day. Since that was the case the younger princess, who wanted to live her own life as apposed to the life her parents wanted her to, was normally grounded and stuck at home so the elder princess was forced to always stay home and watch her. Even though it probably wouldn't have mattered." Niki's smirk was gone by now she hadn't meant to go that much into their lives it had just sort of happened. She glanced around for a second to see that all the goblins were looking at her rather intently waiting patiently, as patiently as a goblin could wait, for her to finish. She then noticed Jareth who, even though he had moved to the window and seemed to be looking out it, was looking at her waiting for her to continue. She also noticed he seemed rather upset, even though she couldn't see his face his stance was that of someone angry and he seemed to be gripping the sleeves of his shirt rather tightly. #Better continue,# she thought #before Jareth or the goblins turn me into mincemeat.#

"You see," Niki continued "The princesses' parents would constantly yell at their daughters, especially the father. His yelling made the older princess feel that she was unable to do anything properly and was always to blame for anything bad that happend. His yelling also made her feel that it was impossible for her to love or be loved in return." Niki was surprised to see a few of the goblins looking slightly saddened by that she also noticed that Jareth seemed to be getting more upset by the minute. #Better change the mood here and get to the good part,# she thought. "However this was not the case," Niki said keeping one eye on Jareth "For it seemed that the goblin king had fallen in love with her and he had given certain powers. If she was aware of her powers she wouldn't use them for she had told her sister once about the goblins and the castle of the goblin king. The older princess had told the younger princess once 'You must be careful of goblins you see goblins are nasty little creatures whose greatest delight is stealing babies and turning them into goblins. But this can only happen if you wish for it. You must say exactly the right words for your wish to come true. 'I wish the goblins would come and take you away right now!' are the right words. When the goblins hear them, they will come.' 'Where do they live?' asked the younger princess 'Somewhere on the edge of your imagination, there is a Labyrinth. It twists and turns like wicked thoughts, and no one-no man, woman, or child-has ever reached it's center. There, standing within the walls of Goblin Town, is the castle of Jareth, the goblin king. That is where the goblins dwell.' the elder princess told her if she knew she had the power she wouldn't use it for since the older princess knew this she knew her younger sister would be kept forever and turned into a goblin so she never made the wish no matter how annoyed she became with her younger sister. But she was completely unaware of his attentions to her and the powers she had been given even if she was she wouldn't have believed that someone could honestly care for her in such a way.The younger princess however was fully aware of the goblin king's affections for her older sister."

Niki tried to hide her smirk she had noticed Jareth's face fall slightly when she'd said that Cara wouldn't believe that Jareth cared about her but when she said that she knew how he felt she'd seen his face change to rather shocked in about a second. Trying not to laugh she continued, "You see the older princess liked to go outside and sing, if she was sad or scared she'd sing to lift her spirits the younger princess believed that was what had cause the king to notice her. For once or twice when the younger princess had seen her sister sitting outside singing she was certain that she'd seen something or someone watching her sister from the trees to her it looked like an owl. Since she wasn't sure of what she'd seen she never said anything to her older sister, this was perhaps her biggest mistake. For a few days after she'd seen the owl in the tree one night it appeared to both of them in broad daylight, the younger sister aware of what it was tried to get her sister away and it seemed to have worked but as they were leaving the older princess jokingly said the right words and before either of them knew it they were at the Labyrinth. Both in different areas of course, being the one taken the younger sister was in the castle while the older one was outside the walls and would have to fight her way through the untold dangers of the Labyrinth to get her sister back. Even though the older princess knew that no one had ever made it to the castle and that the danger would be great she was determined to get her sister back. And..." Niki paused to see the reaction she'd get the goblins looked at her with wide eyes waiting for her to go on Jareth even looked like he was rather interested in the ending of her story. "And," Niki continued "thats where we'll end today." Niki smiled as the goblins groaned and started to beg her to tell more, Niki glanced at Jareth he seemed rather annoyed that she'd stopped too. "Don't worry," Niki said addressing the goblins "I'll tell you the rest later and, you never know, she may just stay in the Labyrinth with the goblins and the king." As she finished speaking she looked at Jareth whose face was a mixture of surprise, confusion, and happiness.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment