Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Ch 7 8 9

Ok I'm on a Labyrinth kick and wanted to write so this came about. Read and comment if you like. Oh and yes Niki is my sister I have us both at the age we would be when I first wanted to try and write this which is me at about 15/16 and her at 13/14

Chapter 7 - Ch 7 8 9

Chapter 7 - Ch 7 8 9

Ch7 Separation

Cara sneezed again "If someone is talking about me I wish they'd stop." she thought. She looked at Sarah who was writing an arrow on the ground with her lipstick again "Sarah," Cara said "I think something weird is going on here." "What do you mean?" Sarah asked standing up and starting to walk off. "I think this labyrinth is changing," Cara said following her "I've been keeping a mental note on where we've been and I'm certain we just passed through here, plus I've been hearing strange noises like someone moving stones or something." Sarah laughed, "Don't be silly if we had been here we would have seen one of my marks wouldn't we?" "Unless they've been moved," Cara thought.
Cara looked at the ground there weren't any marks but she was certain they'd been this way, then she saw it something that told her they had been here. "Ok if we haven't been here before explain that." Cara said pointing to a corner, Sarah bent down to look in the corner was the piece of lipstick that had broken off awhile before. "Oh No!" Sarah said in a somewhat whinny tone "We have been here before." "Told you," Cara thought "Someone's been changing my marks." Sarah looked as if she would either scream or cry as she threw down her lipstick, "What a horrible place this is, IT'S NOT FAIR!" Sarah cried.


"That's right it's not fair," a voice from behind them said "But that's only half of it." said another. They turned to see a pair of strange dog looking people with shields laughing. Sarah stepped forward as Cara looked around to get her bearings "This was a dead end a minute ago," Sarah said to the strange creatures "No that's the dead end behind you," one laughed Sarah turned around to see that not only where they right but she was now separated from Cara. "Oh no! Cara!" Sarah yelled.


Cara turned to face Sarah but found a wall "Sarah?" Cara called "I'm on the other side." Sarah replied "Are you alright?" Cara asked "Yes but this place keeps changing, what are we suppose to do?" Sarah said sounding like she might cry, "It's alright Sarah just stay calm." Cara said trying to think things out, "Ok I'm pretty sure you can only get out through those doors so you try and go through them and I'll look for another way. We'll try and meet up again later ok?" "Ok," Sarah replied "I hope we'll be able to find each other again, be careful." "I will you take care too and don't worry I'm sure we'll meet up again just keep trying to get to the castle." Cara called. As she started to head off in a direction that seemed to be toward the castle she could her Sarah and those two or four, she wasn't quite sure how many there were of them, talking "She's right the only way out is to try one of these doors."

Ch8 Riddles

As Cara walked on trying to find her way she felt a bit worried, “This place changes quite often and not in a very predictable way,” she thought. To try and keep herself calm she did what she normally did, she started to hum then sing very quietly “Leaves from the vine, falling so slow, like fragile, tiny shells, drifting in the foam.” Cara quickly looked around she thought she heard a noise, like someone walking by her but there was no one so she continued walking. She sighed as she came to another dead end, “I wonder if Sarah’s alright,” she asked herself out loud “I’m sure the one you should worry about is you,” a voice answered. 
Cara spun around to see the dead end opened and a strange cat-like creature sitting by a door, “Hello,” she said “do you know how to get through this labyrinth?” “Maybe,” he answered “and maybe not.” He smiled like a Cheshire cat, “Do you think you can answer 3 riddles to get out?” he asked “What do you mean get out?” Cara asked then remembering before looked behind her, sure enough the dead end had closed behind her “Ah,” she said “Let me guess I have to answer your riddles to get through the door, right” “Smart girl,” the creature, whom she decided to call Daniel, replied.


“Ok here is the first riddle, ‘What has four legs in the morning, two in the afternoon, and three at night?’” “Man,” Cara replied, she had heard that one before “He has four in the morning when he’s a baby, two in the afternoon when he’s a young man, and three at night when he’s an old man because he uses a cane.” Daniel nodded “Seems you are a smart one here’s my second riddle, ‘Speak not of love or hate, but tell me this; what gift can you give to me, that I can never buy for myself?’” Cara thought for awhile “Kindness,” she answered “Correct,” Daniel said moving away from the door “You’ve got two out of three very good, here is my last riddle ‘I tie and hold, capture and bind, yet both knights and knaves doth crave me. I faithfully enslave all within my grasp, whether or not they seek me. Yet those who have never felt my unmerciful hand, are pitied by their fellow Man.’”  “Love,” Cara answered after a moment. Daniel smiled his Cheshire cat smile again “Absolutely correct, bravo. You are the first person to answer all of my riddles correctly, you may continue.” he said as the door opened. “Thank you,” Cara said as she walked toward the door, suddenly Daniel grabbed her hand “Be warned and take care,” he said with concern in his voice and looking serious for the first time since she’d met him “this labyrinth is made of deceit and lies, nothing is what it seems so be very careful young woman or you may find yourself at it’s mercy.” Cara nodded, “I will and thank you.”


Ch9 Meeting the Goblin King

As Cara walked through the door she noticed that it was mainly a large tunnel and at the end was what looked like a garden or something like one at the end of it “Well here goes nothing,” she said. The door closed behind her leaving only one way for her to go, she felt herself beginning to get worried again so she once again started singing quietly, “Take the wave now and know that you're free,
Turn you back on the land face the sea,
Face the wind now so wild and so strong,
Think of me, wave to me, and send me a song.

Don't look back when you reach the new shore,
Don't forget what you're leaving before,
Don't forget when your missing these souls,
Love must never hold never hold tight but let go.

O the nights will be long,
when I'm not in your arms,
but I'll be in the song,
that you sing to me across the sea
somehow someday.

You'll be far away so far from me,
and maybe one day I will follow you,
in all you do,
till then send me a song.

When the sunsets the water will fire,
When the winds swells the sails ever higher,
Let the call of the bird on the wind,
calm your sadness and loneliness,
and then start to sing to me,
I will sing to you if you promise
to send me a song.

I'll walk by the shore and I hear,
hear your song come so faint and so clear,
and I catch it a breath on the wind,
and I smile and I sing you song,
I will send you a song
I will sing you a song
I will sing to you if you promise to send me a song.”


Cara could see the end of the tunnel, as she was about to go through it she heard a voice speak “Truly lovely voice.” Cara jumped slightly and turned around to see him, Jareth the Goblin King, standing to the left near the exit. She was certain he hadn’t been there before but there he was. “Thank you,” Cara said softly as she blushed not only from the compliment, which was something she wasn’t used to, to begin with but from seeing him up-close, he was very handsome which only made his compliment more surprising to her. “You’re quite welcome,” he said staring at her “You seem to be doing very well at my labyrinth.” “I think I’m doing alright but what exactly am I doing here?” Cara asked, “And why did I fall out of the sky?” she wondered, Jareth started to walk closer to her as she spoke “Don’t you know?” he asked smiling slightly, Cara shook her head and his smile grew “I simply did as you asked,” He stated “You asked for your sister to be taken so I took her.” Jareth was now very close to Cara looking her in the eye holding her in an almost trance like state which only caused her to blush deeper “Also,” he continued “YOU asked to come here. I heard it, your silent wish to come here and see this place.”


Jareth reached his hand out and brushed a stray lock of Cara’s hair back behind her ear. Cara held her breath slightly; she certainly wasn’t used to having someone this close to her, least of all a handsome goblin king. “By the way how are you enjoying my labyrinth?” Jareth asked, Cara was able to come out of her trance enough to speak “It’s very challenging and quite interesting,” she replied causing Jareth to smile once more. “Good to know,” he said now moving away from her, Cara quietly let out her breath “You should find your friends through there but be careful they may get you into trouble, they don’t seem to be as lovely a person as you.” Jareth smiled as he saw her blush again. Cara walked by him, holding her breath again because of how close she had to walk by him, into a strange place like a garden, with statues, a stone chair that looked like books, and other exits all around a circle but she didn’t see Sarah or anyone for that matter. Cara looked back at Jareth to ask him what he meant but he was gone, she sighed and walked into of the middle of the circle. As Cara looked around trying to figure out which way to go she heard what sounded like some stone sliding of something and someone speaking, and she knew whose voice it was, “That’s it. I quit.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment