Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Long Time No See

Rouge is attacked by the remaining members of a gang called Crab. She goes to Knuckles to heal but she is attacked before she can heal fully. Now Knuckles has to save her from a chocolatly death! What? KnuxRouge (Includes the original oneshot)

Chapter 2 - Long Time No See

Chapter 2 - Long Time No See
[/b]Kitty[/b][/b]: The second part is where Knuckles comes in. These 'chapters' are really short but I have my reasons. I could only do so much with this fic without completely scrapping it and starting over, so bear with me here.

Note: One think I do hate is the reasoning behind how she was able to get up on Angel Island in the first place. I'm sure I'm not the only one who thought of that. Again, bear with me. This was written many years ago when I didn't think things through and logic wasn't part of my fiction vocabulary. I have no idea how she gets up on Angel Island and it bugs me to death! I know this is just a fiction but for me this is unexceptionable. When I do think of something I will write it in. But for now, lets just assume she had enough energy in her state to fly, okay?

Disclaimer: Sonic the Hedgehog and all related characters © SEGA and/or Sonic Team. All other characters © Lumorean Arts and/or Jonothan 'Ace.'

[/b] [/b][/b]Track Down[/b][/b]
[/b][/b] [/b][/b]By: Kitty Hamagochy[/b][/b]
[/b][/b] [/b][/b]Chapter 2: Long Time No See[/b][/b]
[/b]
Knuckles the Echidna was up at around five that morning making his rounds. The sun was just peeking up over the island, warming and waking all other creatures within the area. The steadfast echidna checked every inch of the island for any trouble spots, taking in deep breath of refreshing air as he went. Everything seemed fine. He jogged up the shrine to check his lovely Master Emerald, not a shard out of place. He headed back down the shrine to his small, but comfy, home at the entrance to Angel Forest. It was a shack-like place, made of the same wood that came from the trees that grew on the island.
He stepped inside the wobbly doorway through the main room and straight into the kitchen. It was a quaint space with a sink, stove, a fridge, cabinets, two windows, and a simple table and chair set. He had assisted the help of Tails, after the pestering from Sonic to get some technology up on the island, to pick out some simple devices and fly them up to the island. He had to admit some of the stuff wasn't too bad.
So, to quell his growling stomach he mixed up some increments he had stored away in the fridge and cabinets to make a couple of buttermilk pancakes. He also collected some fruits and berries around the island during his rounds to squeeze some fresh juice for a drink.
It was just another calming day for the echidna. These were the days he loved. The sun was shinning beautifully with little to no clouds in the sky. He poured the thick, creaming batter into a sizzling pan to make the first of many flapjacks. As he shifted it in the smooth pan and flipped it into the air he thought to himself, this would be a nice day for a swim. He inhaled the, mouthwatering aroma then looked upwards to a window carved above the stove. Outside he could make out a corner of the Master Emerald shifting in the warm sun, I just hope it doesn't get to hot.
He took a plate from the cabinet to the right of himself and gave the pancake another flip. Instead of landing it the pan he placed the plate beneath it and caught his breakfast there. The gentle aroma wafted in the air around his nostrils.
"Mmm, that smells great. I can't wait to eat." He licked his lips again and was about to get the mixing bowl full of batter to make another when his ears perked up at a sound.
Knock, knock, knock, A few loud bangs came from his wooden door.
He looked towards it with a grim expression. "Who could that be?"
The scarlet echidna echidna placed down everything he was holding and walked out towards the doorway. He stopped and stared at the darkened wood as if it would open itself merely by thought. He was reluctant to answer at first but, he did so thinking that any self-respecting demon would just have knocked the door down. So he slowly turned the handle as was met with a sight more gruesome then he could of imagined.
Knuckles' eyes widened at the mangled sight of a grayish-white bat standing limply in the space the door had just revealed. Her entire body was caked with dried mud and scabbed over cuts all down her flesh. Her arms were clasped meekly over her chest with her legs spread out a bit for support. Her black jump-suit was torn across her stomach and hips, all down her legs. Her entire form shook as if the mini space she was on top of was experiencing its own earthquake. Her beautiful, aqua eyes were red with veins and black with begs beneath them. She wore no makeup but it would not of helped or hindered her at the moment. Here ears where crimped and her fur an utter mess, the image was far beyond words.
Rouge spoke with a voice so dim and crackling it almost appeared as though she would experience hell if she uttered one word. “Hey, Knucklehead.” Rouge Smirked, “Long time no see.”
It was then that the bat gave a loud exhale as if she had been holding her breath the entire time. She then collapsed on the ground, with little resistance, and fainted.
Knuckles immediately bent down and took her in his arms, still in unspoken shock. He lifted her brown patched body to him and cradled her close to his chest. She was so cold. The echidna bent his head outside to see if anyone was near or watching. There was no one. He looked down to her lifeless body that hung in his arms like a new-born infant. Who the Hell did this to her? He questioned angrily in his mind. He stood up and closed the door to the outside world.
But, he was wrong. There was someone watching, two someones to be exact.

(Preview of Chapter 3: Planning)

The other being stood at the left corner, his back straight with arms crossed. A tall black cat with navy spiked hair stood strong against the golden background. His ears were slim and pointed, standing up above his hair. He wore a pair of blue jeans, ripped around the ankles with a thick brown belt harnessed strangling his hips. Out of the back three thick, black tails looking like living snakes hovering in the air. Attached to his brown, leather belt a black and silver sheath hung as if to ward off any foes. Nothing was upon his feet and chest, exposing his physically fit body.
The two being stood in the center of the room as the cat looked up to reveal startling, topaz eyes. The newly entered characters lifted their hats to reveal identical faces only made distinguishable by their eyes and crowning fetchers. One had yellow irises with a spiked Mohawk, the other two stubby horns with green irises.
We are sorry sir,”The red eyed one spoke.
But, she was too strong for us.” The other continued.
She was able to take out Mark during the scuffle.” Said the red eyed one.
We were lucky to have escapes the inferno ourselves but she escaped as well.” Continued the one with the green irises.
"What do you mean she escaped?" The black cat growled at the two.
They both cringed but it was the green one who was the first to gather enough courage to speak again.
We underestimated her.” His voice shook.
The cat snarled, “You're both idiots. After she was able to track us down you...” He was about to say something more before a hoarse growl interrupted his train of thought.
"Shut up, all of you!" A fat, slobbery voice hushed them.

Kitty : The next part is where plans are made by the Crab Gang. It contains all fan characters but I can't take it out because it explains a bit of the plot. Skip it if you want, I really don't care. I'm still arguing with myself if I should delete the section and take the time and effort to work around it. Maybe some other time.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment