Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - The Ending

Rouge is attacked by the remaining members of a gang called Crab. She goes to Knuckles to heal but she is attacked before she can heal fully. Now Knuckles has to save her from a chocolatly death! What? KnuxRouge (Includes the original oneshot)

Chapter 5 - The Ending

Chapter 5 - The Ending
[/b]Kitty[/b][/b]: This sequence has been changed a lot from the original, just to warn you. I thought through a lot of scenarios, most of which dealing with Kikirue's point in this this. This was the one I most liked which made Kikirue turn out to be a sly son-of-a-gun. But he is no longer the center of interest, thank god!

Disclaimer: Sonic the Hedgehog and all related characters © SEGA and/or Sonic Team. All other characters © Lumorean Arts and/or Jonothan 'Ace.'

Track Down
[/b] [/b][/b]By: Kitty Hamagochy[/b][/b]
[/b] Chapter 5: The Ending

Station Square was oddly clear and devoid of sound, safe for the rare passing car and nesting seagull. There were hardly any cars on the road with only a pedestrian or two crossing on a crosswalk or entering into a dinner for an early afternoon bite.
Only a few second passed before the quite was broken by the high pitched whoosh of a Hover Scooter's air tank. It zipped across the blue sky like a giant, black hornet on a straight course for something sweet. Gripping one of the yellow handles was the black cat, Kikirue. Over his shoulder the white bat was flung, still unconscious.
A silver foot-rest ran along the sides of the scooter and at the base of the handle a large, blue speaker protruded. It cracked and buzzed to life as a deep voice spoke over the wail of the engine.
I'm assuming you have the bat.” Seraue spoke nonchalantly.
Kikirue never removed his topaz eyes from the path ahead. “Yea, I have her.”
Good.” The bulldog's voice seemed oddly amused. “Meet me at the abandoned chocolate factory in the Blue District. I have a lovely plan in mind for her.”
Kikirue gave an expression exhibiting his distaste for Seraue and the ideas he usually had for disposing of unwanted pests.
Right. I'll be there in about five minutes.” Kikirue responded.
And that was the truth. The black cat had a feeling that the bat's end would be at the old chocolate factory. Seraue had disposed of a lot of his enemies, feeling that a 'sweet' end was the best end. The whole reason the factory was closed down was because of all of the bones and flesh found in the machines.
The Blue District of Station Square was the industrial district, where all the factories were. Kikirue could easily see the place off in the distance due to the darkened ambiance on the far horizon. There was never any light there because of all the smoke blocking the sky making it always seem evil and corrupt.
As for the given factory it was on the eastern end and was closed off by tall, chain-linked fences. Kikirue drove his Hover Scooter beyond the fence to land on the cold, cement path that led to the broken double doors. The factory was huge and shaped to be like a wonderland castle from the east. Pointed pillars rose up to the carbon clouds looking like pale Kisses. Their rainbow of colors that once glowed were now hardly distinguishable, one could only make out blacks and grays. The windows where once beautiful, stained glass but now all were shattered and gave off an aura that said 'keep away or you'll never get out.' All were small and dotted the structure in a way that once made it look magical, now it only made the factory look as though it were glaring.
Kikirue dismounted his vehicle to look over his destination. He then turned back to the seat that lifted it to reveal a secret compartment. Inside was something wrapped in a white cloth. He smirked and placed it inside one of his denim pockets.
Sorry you had to get messed up in the Rouge” He gave a quick laugh as if he knew something no one else did. “But, you know how it is in this business.”
Kikirue then walking forward, into the works. Little did he know he was being followed closely behind.
His fur blended in with the black paint like a three-dimensional shadow. The car twisted his form under the bent planks of the entrance, making sure to keep his hostage unharmed. He walked through the brown hallway, its carpet was once a bright red and gold but now it was so matted with dirt, dust, and wood chippings the colors now appeared maroon and orange. A long row of windows was at his side and gave off shattered rays of black light as he crossed through. Kikirue counted down the large wooden doors as best he could in the darkness till he came to a metal one, locked by a long, metal bars across its length.
Kikirue walked over to its side to a small panel with broken buttons popped out on springs. Above it a tiny light flashed red next to a black microphone to signal that it was on.
The cat placed his gray muzzle forward to it, “It's me boss.”
It took a couple of seconds before the words registered and Seraue's voice came over the speaker.
The door's open.” He coughed.
With that said the factory seemed to have been woken up from an eternal slumber. On the high ceiling orange lights flickered and sparked till the majority came on and reviled the dusty air in an uneasy glow. Things began to bang and screech as mechanisms roared into life. The gears on the other side of the door hissed and clanked as they slowly lifted the bar across the door to an upright position.
Kikirue took hold of the thick, metal handle in his paw and opened the entrance with a short jolt of strength. When it opened Kikirue had to squint his eyes for a moment at the brightness of the newly revealed room. Ahead of him prodigious vats of chocolates, caramel, and other liquid sweets stood tall against the light and filled his nose, making his mouth water slightly.
He turned to the left to face a swinging, metal staircase that lead up to a small maze of hanging walkways. It was at the end where he would meet Seraue, like he had done some times before. The staircase was rickety and rusted but he had little fear of this. His bear feet patted against the walkway as he navigated towards a lopsided, circular figure in front of a large canister that looked to be of white chocolate.
Kikirue stooped a couple feet in front of his boss. “Here she is sir, like you asked.” He then tossed Rouge onto the wobbling platform, in front of Seraue.
She had better be alive.” The bulldog growled.
Of course, just knocked out sir.” Kikirue assured with a smile.
What’s the matter Kikirue? You don't seem like yourself.” The dog gave his minion a questioning look.
Kikirue clenched his fist and looked calming into the eyes of the towering dog. "I'm fine sir,” He nodded. “I can also tell you that both Moe and Matt have been killed by the Guardian of the Master Emerald. We are now the only two left of the Crab Gang.”
Seraue raised an eyebrow, “You don't seem to be too mournful at this, Kikirue.”
Don't you dare lay a claw on her!” A voice roared from behind them.
The two quickly turned to see a crimson figure with two gashes across his stomach glare daggers at them. He stood with teeth bared and first erect, ready for what ever stunt they could pull.
Seraue looked calmly at the new arrival. “Ah, Knuckles the Echidna.” He greeted. “It's a pleasure to finally meet you eye to eye.”
Knuckles just stood there with a heartless look eclipsing his warm features.
I see, not very much of a talker are we?” He spoke without moving an eye from the echidna, “Kikirue, kill him!” There was no response. “Kikirue?” He finally looked to him but he was not there. “Kikirue, you traitorous feline! Where are you?” The dog called out.
Up here!” He called.
Both looked up to see the blacked form of the character gripping onto a metallic rope above them. Being a cat, and how nimble he was, he had easily sneaked past the two during their staring contest. He had in his free hand a device that neither could make out from that distance.
What are you doing up there?” Seraue snarled.
Kikirue showed a look of disgust, “You do know that not only is smoking bad for your health but so is being overweight.” He taunted.
Why you little...” the dog growled.
And those old platforms can only hold so much, even where they're first made. But now, with all the rust and stuff I'd say you're treading on thin ice.” Kikirue taunted.
Kikirue!”
Goodbye!” Kikirue gave a sneer before pressing something on the side of the device.
A short, blue laser extended from the handle and with a one, swift movement he swung the manifested blade beneath him and sliced right through suspension cable. With a hideous jerk the platform slanted to one side. As a domino effect more cables snapped and swing in the air like deadly whips causing the platform to further tilt and sway and break. Knots and bolts shot into the air from every direction like silver bullets with no direction. Snaps, cracks, clanks, and smashes resonated through the four walls with a deafening echo. Through all of this commotion the sly cat slipped out through one of the many broken windows and disappeared.
As for the ones on the feral platform all was in chaos. Seraue was toppled over making a sag in the metal. Knuckles yelled as he took hold of one of the guard rails. It was only a matter of time before the last of the cables behind Seraue finally snapped and thus the end was broken. There was now nothing between Seraue's girth and the vat of white chocolate a few feet below.
Because of the angle Rouge's body began to slip downward towards Seraue.
Rouge!” Knuckles called.
He released his on of his paws on the rail and slid down enough to grip his friend's shoulder before she could slide any further.
Don't worry, I've got you.” Though Rouge couldn't here him it was more reassurance for himself to say it.
With that he began to hoist her up into her arms.
Oh no you don't!” Knuckles heard a voice growl.
He looked down to see the pushed in face of Seraue. One giant paw was gripped into the metal of the platform, the other flung forward and latched itself onto one of Rouge's hanging legs.
Let go of her damn it!” Knuckles yelled.
If I die, she's going with me.” The dog grinned.
Knuckles tried to think of what to do. He then remembered the knife stashed in his glove. He was going to have to act fast to make this work. He was against killing but there was no other choice.
He released Rouge and drew the tiny dagger. He flung it towards Seraue and hit him straight in his left eye. Seraue roared in pain as the blade slicked through the delicate jelly of his eye, letting go of both Rouge and the panel to grip his face in agony. This was Knuckles' chance.
The Echidna tumbled down with the them and gripped Rouge's outstretched paw before releasing his dreadlocks and pushing off of the slanted platform, gliding away from the molten liquid.
Unfortunately, Seraue wasn't so lucky. His massive fat fell into the silky substance like a stone dropped in a small glass of water. The white chocolate gushed out of the canister like a white volcano as a new mass entered. The bulldog's cries soon turned to gurgles as his lungs filled and burnt with chocolate. His fur and skin felt as though they were being eater by flames. The temperature of the rich sweet was up to such a degree that his flesh baked under it. He tried to kick and claw his way to the surface but the more he tried the farther he sank till nothing was left of him. The only different was a small swirl of rosy pink near the center of the silken chocolate.
Knuckles' heart was beating a million miles an hour as he flew to the other wall and dung into it as best he could to cling on. He still held Rouge by the hand so he hoisted her up into his arms to perhaps make her more comfortable. He then shot over to one of the windows that Kikirue had used to escape.
He positioned Rouge in his arms to carry her as he walked out into the cool air of the afternoon sun. This had been a very interesting day, but it wasn't over. He jumped up onto one of the lopsided towers and seen that Kikirue's Hover Scooter was no longer parked inside the gate. The cat was gone.

(Preview of Chapter 6: Nowhere Else)

She looked him over in the pale light, his features so strong and defined. She noticed his stomach was wrapped tightly in a stained cloth and she wondered what had happened. All she remembered what Kikirue leaping into the air in front of her. But, surly there was more to the story then that.
She bent down to him with a smile and placed a paw onto his shoulder. “Knuckles? Knuckles, wake up.” She spoke softly to his ear.
He shifted slightly then shivered and groaned. “Rouge?”
Yea. You okay Knucklehead?” She joked.
He opened his eyes and sat up groggily. “You know I hate when you call me that.”
I know.” The bat giggled.

Kitty :

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment