Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Nowhere Else

Rouge is attacked by the remaining members of a gang called Crab. She goes to Knuckles to heal but she is attacked before she can heal fully. Now Knuckles has to save her from a chocolatly death! What? KnuxRouge (Includes the original oneshot)

Chapter 6 - Nowhere Else

Chapter 6 - Nowhere Else
Kitty: And here is the ending, completely changed from the original! It was actually suppose to be part of chapter 5 but I decided to give it its own chapter just to make it even. Yea, I'm that special.

Disclaimer: Sonic the Hedgehog and all related characters © SEGA and/or Sonic Team. All other characters © Lumorean Arts and/or Jonothan 'Ace.'

Track Down
By: Kitty Hamagochy
Chapter 6: Nowhere Else

Rouge slowly stirred as she began to awaken. Her senses were weak but in her half conscience state she could feel the familiarity of her surroundings. Her aqua eyes opened once, but everything was blurry, she blinked a couple more times till her sight adjusted. Her nose was sent whirling with the smell of cool water, fresh air, wood, spices, and dry fur. She looked around the darkened space to finally realize where she was. She was back in Knuckles' bed.
She sat up and looked around. There was no one. She looked out of the window next to her and saw the forest and navy blue sky. The stars sparkling happily as insects chirped to the night. It was night? How long has she been knocked out? What happened? So many questions fulled her, and only one person could answer her.
Rouge lightly removed the covers and headed out. She didn't have to go far, a small lump of maroon fur curled over a long sofa in the center of the main room. The sofa did little to contrast the fur, it looked as though it were covered in brownish fur itself. She walked around it till she was facing the front and saw him, sprawled out across its length. He rested his huge head on one of his arms while the other hung limply down to the floor.
She looked him over in the pale light, his features so strong and defined. She noticed his stomach was wrapped tightly in a stained cloth and she again wondered what had happened. All she remembered was Kikirue leaping into the air in front of her. But, surly there was more to the story then that.
She bent down to him with a smile and placed a paw onto his shoulder. “Knuckles? Knuckles, wake up!” She spoke softly to his ear.
He shifted slightly then shivered and groaned. “Rouge?”
“Yea. You okay Knucklehead?” She joked.
He opened his eyes and sat up groggily. “You know I hate when you call me that.”
“I know.” The bat giggled.
As Knuckles began to fully awaken he asked, “How are you feeling?”
“Fine, but I could ask you the same question.” She sat down in the newly freed space on the sofa.
She found it soft and welcoming, almost as much as his bed. It was slightly sunken in but no so much to make it uncomfortable.
Rouge looked straight a head as she spoke. “Knuckles, what happened after I was knocked out?” She asked bluntly.
Knuckles gave her a contemplating look, thinking over everything that happened. “Do you really want to know?”
She turned to him with an expression of disgust, “Why? Did something happen that I shouldn't know about?”
“Don't start that Rouge! I would never do anything like that to you!” Knuckles responded quickly. “I saved your life so you should show some gratitude towards me.”
“You... saved my life?” Rouge questioned.
It was then that Knuckles began to tell her all that had happened. From how he chased down Kikirue to the abandoned chocolate factory to confronting the cat and his boss on the walkway. From how Kikirue became a traitor and cut one of the cables to how Knuckles swung the small dagger into the eye of Seraue. He explained how the boss met his end in a vat of white chocolate to how he took her back to Angel Island to let her rest.
Rouge listened to all of this and, though she wouldn't admit it, she was quite awestruck. So much so that when Knuckles had finished his story she couldn't find any words to respond with.
“Wow,” She mused, then turned to him. “I didn't know you cared so much.”
At this comment Knuckles blushed and turned away. “Well, I mean, you still don't have a place to stay right?” He tried to change the subject.
Rouge turned to him with an amused look. “What are you suggesting?”
He turned away as to not she her his blushing face. “I mean, if you really have nowhere else to go then-”
But, he wasn't able to finish his sentence for a small wight had placed itself upon one of his shoulders. He felt her warm muzzle snuggle into him as if comforting him. The echidna's face was now boiling hot.
“Thank you, Knuckles.” Rouge's soft voiced warmed his heart.
He still didn't look at her, his form as tense as a stone statue. He gulped and after a while that hardness melted and became a jolt of adrenalin to his heart.
“You're welcome, Rouge.” Was all he could think to respond with before lightly leaning his head against hers.
It didn't take long before both were in a deep slumber, their thoughts consisting of the other lying next to them.

(The End)

Kitty : This in its entirety still isn't great but its better then it originally was. There's just so many points still in it that tick me off! Also, I really don't like romances that much anymore, except for hentais. It's just that cute and cuddly now really puts me off. Well, this is better then it was and I'm going to leave it be for now. If anything it may just be taken down entirely and considered a lost-cause.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment