Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - The Homicidal Redhead

While making their way through Sootopolis, Ash and Co. stumble across a seer who says that he and May are meant to be together! And then Misty and Drew get involved, somehow. . . How will it turn out? Poke x Contestshippy.

Chapter 3 - The Homicidal Redhead

Chapter 3 - The Homicidal Redhead






Author - Chibi / Warlordess





Disclaimer - I don't own anything. . . But Misty's coming back as of April. . . first, wasn't it? So, either way, it doesn't matter, as the people who do run the show around here are keeping up with all of it a lot better than I ever could.





OoO





Fiction Title - "Fighting the Fates"





Chapter Three - "The Homicidal Redhead"





Summary - While making their way through Sootopolis, Ash and friends stumble across a local fortuneteller who says. . . dun, dun, dun! Ash and May are destined to be together! And then Misty and Drew pop into the picture. . . Whatever could they have to say about this? Pokeshippy and Contestshippy fic. Tee hee. :)





Ages -





Ash / 15





May / 13





Misty / 16





Drew / 14





Brock / 18





Max / 10





OoO





Ash, just like every other normal person at one in the morning, was snoring peacefully. Not caring at all if he disturbed his friend's sleeping pattern, Brock began shaking Ash forcefully awake.





"Ash. . . Ash. . . ! Get up. . . !" Brock whispered as loudly as he could without waking up either May or Max, who were both sleeping on the top bunks of the two bunk beds, "Damnit, Ash; I think. . . I - I'm sorry but. . . I think I broke Misty!"





Ash moaned something discernible in his stupor, but didn't seem to wake up. Brock drew a deep breath, regaining a sense of control over himself that he would have needed to keep, lest he end up shouting and ordering Pikachu to use its Thunder attacks for all that they were worth. Instead, he returned to shaking the younger Pokemon trainer awake.





"Wake. . . up. . . !" And with a particularly hard nudge, Brock managed to pull Ash towards him, and the raven-haired boy fell off of the bed and onto the ground, his eyes snapping open. ". . . It's about time!"





"Brock!" He yawned, "God, what time. . . is it? Go back to bed, would you? We can talk about your nighttime escapades with Fantasy Jenny in the morning, can't we?" He continued in reply, grabbing onto his blankets and reaching his feet, getting ready to hop back onto his mattress, before Brock held him back. "Awe, what is it. . . ? I'm tired. . ." He whined.





"Er, listen, I know it was against the rules or something, but. . . I couldn't help it. I - I kind of just got done having this talk with Misty. . ." The future Breeder said, and at this news, the Pokemon trainer's exhausted demeanor seemed to vanish almost immediately.





"No. No, no, no, no, no. See, that can't be right, Brock, because your having a talk with Misty would mean that you completely defied me and May when we told you specifically not to call her. . ." But Brock seemed to have this expression on his face that showed Ash that there was something more there, ". . . Oh, no. . . S - she knows, too, doesn't she. . . ?" The truth brought a thrill of horror through his spine as his older friend gulped and nodded shortly.





"I'm sorry. . . I - I really didn't think it would mean anything much if she knew. . . I thought it was funny. And then, well, she just stared at me like she had fainted upright on her feet, and I hung up on her because I had to come and warn you. . . I think we need to do something. . . It's dangerous to just sit here. . . We should probably try and make our escape as soon as possible. . . !"





"I don't know. . . I think she has a tracking system set for me or something. She's always been able to find me before, even when I hadn't called or written her for weeks at a time, she'd send a message straight to the Center closest to me. It's actually creepy. . ." And here Ash took a moment to shudder before ruffling a hand through his hair. He was perspiring from the stress of the situation, "Oh, no. . . Damnit, Brock, thanks to you, she's going to kill me. . . !"





". . . Kill you? I think we should be a little more worried about May!" At this point, Brock was having a little bit of trouble keeping his voice down. At his words, however, Ash stared, blinking, curious.





". . . Er, why?"





"O - oh, uh. . ." Brock broke off and looked away, ". . . Great, now she's gonna wanna kill me, too. . ." He muttered, ". . . Stupid, trusting me with such a serious secret. . ." He looked back at Ash, who was quirking an eyebrow, still awaiting an answer, "Nothing, Ash, nothing at all. Never mind for now. . . Maybe we should go back to sleep. We'll go back to sleep and wake up early and then head out. . ." At this point he was ranting, "I mean, even if she comes after us, we can still get a head-start, but it's only worth it if we can make it out fresh."





"Oh, yea, I'm going to be able to sleep now." Ash rolled his eyes and glared, "What with the nightmares of mallets and paper fans and poisoned food. . ." He shuddered again but, nevertheless, crawled back into his bottom bunk, throwing his blanket overtop himself and slamming his eyes shut, willing sleep to come sooner rather than later.





Brock did so as well, collapsing into the bunk opposite his friend, and pulling the quilt upon him. Finding himself so fond of music lately, he found something quite adequate coming to mind. . .





A funeral march.





OoO





The next morning, Ash would wake up last, somehow, always the deepest sleeper, and to the sound of someone pounding a ferocious fist on his bedroom door. With every thump, his brow furrowed ever deeper until his scowl seemed to be permanently etched onto his face. As he slowly made his way out of his bed, stretching, Pikachu hopping onto his shoulder in a much more energetic state, he barely had time to take notice that no one else was in the room with him. Who would take the time to knock on their door? Who would take the time to knock in such an angry fashion. . . ?





"Alright, alright. . . I'm coming. . ." He yawned, "Just give me a minute," and he turned the knob, giving himself just enough of a chance to sense the danger on the other side. "Wah!" And he leapt out of the way as a mallet came crashing down out of nowhere, almost impacting with his head.





He and Pikachu went separate ways, his Pokemon partner heading for the top bunk that Max had been sleeping on the night before, while Ash made a run for the one that Brock and May had been sharing. This seemed to be the wrong choice to make, obviously, as Misty sensed May's presence there and followed after her best friend in order to try and end his life.





Wait a minute, there. . .





"Misty?" He asked, completely confused, pointing at her, "How'd you get here? When? . . . Whoa!" And he jumped off of the top bunk to avoid another murderous impact with her mallet, which looked slightly more dangerous than he remembered it to be, although he couldn't quite put his finger on it, somehow. . . But he had other things to tend to, either way. "Mwah, Myst, stop it! What are trying to do, kill me?"





She stopped long enough to give him a sweet, almost innocent grin, and then growled and held her weapon high over her head again and took off after him, attempting to claim his head as her personal trophy.





"Good guess, you two-timer!"





"Two-timer? What?" He asked, now oblivious about absolutely everything in the world. It was too early for this. . . And now totally sure that everything in the universe was topsy-turvy and in need of a good spiritual cleansing, he continued, "Pikachu, Thundershock!"





The pintsized electric rodent gave a small nod and leapt into the air, shocking the both of them, unable to contain himself. When he was done, he laughed, giving a peace sign, and Ash and Misty glared, Ash at Pikachu, and Misty at Ash.





"Pikachu! Next time, not so hard!" He reprimanded, and then he turned to Misty and held out a hand to help her to her feet, "Are you feeling a little. . . er, better. . . now?"





She just kept glaring at him for a few seconds, and then turned her nose up at him and threw down her mallet, picking herself up off of the ground and dusting herself off. Turning away from her, he placed a hand behind his head and sweatdropped, sighing, looking around the room.





Everything was in tatters, basically. Both beds were ruined. Misty's mallet had completely destroyed the one, while Pikachu's Thundershock had obliterated the other, and soiled the carpet. . . There was no doubt that they were going to have to pay for it.





"So, I hope you and May are very. . . happy. . . together." He heard Misty say in a stiff tone from behind him. He jumped and turned to face her, blinking and shaking his head ever so slightly. He almost laughed at the expression on her face. She looked almost hurt, like she thought he was in love with another girl; like she cared.





"Oh, c'mon, Myst, Brock told you. . . ! Just because the stupid fortuneteller says that me and May are supposed to be together, that doesn't mean we're going to be! And you should have heard it word for word; she even said so herself, that woman, that there's no such thing as soul mates, or destiny, just a certain amount of compatibility between every two people. . . And just because me and May have a lot of it doesn't make us any closer than me and you, or me and any other girl, or her and any other guy." Ash waved a hand in front of his face as he said this, as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.





When next he heard Misty speak, however, she seemed intent on proving him wrong.





"Ash. . . don't you. . . like May? Don't you. . . treasure her? If she were to be taken from you, wouldn't you be hurt?" Ash looked up at her as she asked this of him, and he saw that she wasn't looking him in the eyes, instead finding her shoes much more interesting. Her mallet was laying on the floor, forgotten, and she was clenching her fists together in a pained sort of way. "The fortuneteller's right; it's not just about destiny, or fate, or soul mates. . . or compatibility, either. . . but you should realize how you feel now, while you have the chance to, before it's too late and some other guy comes to sweep her off her feet. . ."





"Myst, look. . . You say that, but, if it's not all about fate, destiny, blah-blah-blah, then how come everyone's pressing me to admit how I feel for her, right?" He asked, grinning, but she seemed to have an answer to that, too.





"Because I've seen how you two act around each other. . . How you're so friendly, so giving, you never really fight - not like we used to - and she's so sweet and caring, and never temperamental, and maybe that's how the girl that you'd be in the best relationship with is supposed to be like. . ."





Ash was growing exasperated, as was obvious by the sigh he elicited a few seconds later, "Look, Misty, maybe you're right. . . Maybe I should go fall in love with a girl like May. After all, girl's like that are easy to get along with, sweet, adorable, kind-hearted, pretty. . ." This, however, seemed to be the wrong thing to say. Misty's logical demeanor vanished and she knelt beside her mallet again, picking it up and standing straight, her brow furrowed in rage.





". . . W - where did you say May was again?" She asked in the calmest tone she could muster, and Ash blinked, coming to terms with the fact that Misty seemed to be drawing ever closer to the door leading out into the main part of the Pokemon Center.





Ash remembered Brock's words from the night before about May being in danger and, thinking fast, spoke the first excuse that came to mind.





"Uh, er, uhm. . . S - she. . . Oh. . . ! Did I forget to mention that. . . after the whole fortuneteller incident, we split up! Yea, s - she thought that it was just s - so weird, you know? I mean, after finding out about our compatibility, there was just so much tension going on and everything that we thought we were just better off without each other so we went our separate ways! See, Myst? We'll probably never even see each other again! You've got nothing at all to worry about!" Ash said, his hand swiping against the back of his head in embarrassment, wondering if this was going to work at all.





. . . Of course, not. . .





Of all the things she'd heard, only one thing stuck out in Misty's mind. . .





"You guys had tension?" She exclaimed, looking horrified.





"No, no, no! You see, to have tension, we'd probably have to have feelings for each other, wouldn't we, which we don't, so, yea. . . I - I mean, no!" Ash replied, panicking, backing against the wall as she advanced on him again with her mallet held high above her head.





". . . Where did you say May was, Ash. . . ?" She asked in a growl of silky vehemence and, without a word, he pointed out the door again, and she took off at a speed barely known by any other human being. He allowed his heart to regain a steady pace before following after her, stopping short to allow Pikachu a chance to jump onto his shoulder.





"I gotta warn May; who knows if Brock's been given the chance yet. . . ? It's not exactly everyday conversation that you mention to your friend that they might be having to avoid their own murder. . ." He huffed as he exited the room, locking it and making his way down the hallway towards the lobby.





Brock, however, had barely had a chance to think about May. He'd been the first to wake up, and he'd gone and eaten some breakfast, figuring that if the group was going to have to make a run for their lives, he'd rather not do it on an empty stomach, and then when he'd returned to the room a little while later, May had been gone. He'd gone to look for her, of course, but upon entering the lobby of the Center, he'd run into Nurse Joy, who was actually having some trouble trying to round up a few of the visiting trainers' Skitty for breakfast.





Seizing his chance, he'd offered to help her by teaching her one of the recipe's that May's Skitty had always preferred, and she'd readily accepted. May had easily been driven clear from his mind, as had all of their lives. . . Any Pokemon trainers that were to walk by him could literally see the brain stems leaking out of his ears. . .





Max was eating a late breakfast as well, and hadn't seen his sister, either. He'd noticed her drop off her Pokemon with Nurse Joy earlier that morning so that they could get a little check-up, and then she'd wandered off to have some free time. . .





". . . And it's the funniest thing, too. Did you know that Misty's here, Ash? She came around, asking me about May a little while ago!" Max said, allowing himself a small laugh, and Ash almost smacked himself., "Then again, she was carrying this huge, dangerous-looking mallet-y weapon around with her and it kind of scared me and. . . But, then, she's Misty, so what do we have to fear?"





"Do you know where she went, Max? Misty, I mean. . ." Ash said, figuring it might have just been easier trying to find her, rather than chasing the older Beech sibling's shadow at this point.





"Oh, well, she went back there. . ." Max pointed back in the direction of the trainers' dormitories. . . Great. That put Ash right back where he'd started, basically. . . Still, there were two floors in the Center, and he'd already covered most of the first one, other than the bathroom, but if Max said she hadn't headed in that direction, then Ash had to trust that.





"Okay, Pikachu, let's go!" And he took off in the direction of the staircase leading to basement floor, which had a large storage room, and a Pokemon training reserve, and a pool on one side. The other side held more trainer dorm's and public shower stalls for those who needed them.





There was a moment of indecision, here. . . On one hand, May didn't have her Pokemon, but that didn't mean that she wouldn't have minded a swim, and Ash was sure that, homicidal or not, Misty's personal attraction to anything aquatic would lead her to the pool first off. . . but, then, May probably wouldn't have had anything against taking a shower initially in the morning either, would she. . . ?





"Pikachu, you go check the showers! If you see May, just try and lure her away. . . Say something like, I don't know, you caught Max reading her diary or something!" Ash said, silently praying that no one would end up paying the price for that lie later on, ". . . And I'll take the pool. . . If either of us finds something threatening, the other will join them, agreed?" And he waited for his partner to consent before they parted ways again and went in different directions.





"Pika, pika!" Pikachu cried out by way of wishing his trainer luck on the journey, and Ash took off for the pool, throwing the double doors open and looking around.





Because it was still pretty early, there was no one else there. . . and then Ash turned, and caught Misty as she made her way haughtily towards the girl's locker room. He had two seconds to hope that, maybe, just maybe, May was in the showers after all, when said Petalburg native emerged from the locker room in her bathing suit, ready for a morning swim, and she looked just a bit shocked at the sight before her.





"Whoa, hey, Misty! When did you get here?" She asked with a bright smile which Misty didn't return. Rather, the redhead held her mallet more securely to her chest and growled menacingly. "Er. . ." And May seemed to sense the danger at this point, ". . . hey, d - does that mallet have, er, bent nails sticking out all over it. . . ?"





"Gee, yea, May, it does. . . I decided to upgrade it. I'm so glad that you noticed." She said with a sickly sweet smile while Ash snuck up on her from behind; no one noticed Drew exit from the boy's locker room on the opposite side of the pool area.





"Who wouldn't. . . ?" May muttered, taking a slight step back, "S - so. . . how'd you get here. . . ? And, uh, w - would you mind pointing that thing another, er, way. . . ? Because I'm. . ." She gulped here and couldn't seem to come up with an excuse good enough within the next few seconds to explain away the fact that she was scared for her life, and so she took another step backwards.





"I can't believe you'd betray me like that, May! How could you and Ash. . . and behind my back, no less! Well, I've got news for you! You won't be getting away with it. . . !" Misty shouted furiously, and held her mallet high above her head, stepping forward, gritting her teeth. . .





"May!" Drew shouted, and he started running towards her in the heat of the moment, as though attempting to save her.





"Drew?" May asked, turning her head for a second before remembering what was going on, then placing her hands over her head, "Ah, Misty!"





"No, Misty, don't do it! Don't kill May!" Ash said, and made a run for it, leaping at his redheaded best friend as though to tackle her to the floor. Misty, obviously not in the mood for the impact, decided to do the only logical thing and took a couple of steps back.





"Pikapi. . . !" Pikachu called out to his trainer from behind as he made it into the pool area, obviously finding nothing of use in the showers. The electric rodent lost its mind and let loose a shocking surge of power in the direction of the group of friends. . .





May repeated Misty's actions as well, taking a couple of steps back, now leaning against the girl's locker room door, and this caused Ash and Drew to collide headway in between the two girls, dead-center. This was just in time for the electric attack to hit them. They hit the ground hard, moaning, and May and Misty collapsed, too, at the sight, but unlike the two boys. . . it was in a coupled fit of laughter. It couldn't have been helped, after all, when Ash had gone to such lengths to prevent Misty from ending May's life (although, as they would find out later, Misty was just trying to scare May), and Drew had actually thought that May's life had been in danger to begin with and, thus, had needed saving. . .





Oh, the flattery.





After Misty had finally resolved to putting her mallet back in its space-time pocket (where that thing always seemed to hide itself until the time was right), and she and the others had sat down in the lobby of the Center again to have a more. . . civil. . . conversation about everything that was going on, Ash and May began, once again, to describe the, er, "horror" they felt at finding out about their being compatible life-mates for one another.





Given, they weren't that horrified by it; not meaning that they were any closer to being okay about it, or professing any lurve for each other, but explaining to Misty the after-effects of the fortuneteller's decree, explaining how they'd repeatedly ended up banging their heads against the table at the thought of having any type of feelings for each other, and explaining how they'd kicked Brock and Max over and over again for their jokes about destiny and soul mates and whatever. . . Well, for whatever reason, it seemed to quell a lot of Misty's fears, whatever they may have been about. . .





Drew just stood there by the wall and absorbed all of this information as well, not really saying a word, or nodding his ascent to any of it, but May took notice that he didn't blink or even really move throughout the whole discussion until it was over. He just leaned there in his cool stance with his hands in his pockets and his hair in his face and that expression of carelessness about him. . .





And there was something else, May noticed, and that was that every time she would turn to glance at Misty, after finishing one of her side-glances at Drew, just to see if the expression on his face had altered in some way, she would see the redhead staring at her with the most peculiar little air about her, like she was becoming aware of something very important. . .





"Okay, Misty, there's just one question I've got for you. . ." Brock said, and his brow seemed to be twitching from wondering about it for so long, ". . . You were in Cerulean City yesterday, and I would know, because I called you there; so how the heck did you get here so fast. . . ?"





"Oh, that's. . . a funny thing, actually." And she placed a hand to the back of her head and gave a very embarrassed laugh, "You see, after I finally woke up, and I realized that you'd hung up on me, Brock, I kind of. . . started ranting, and raving. . . a lot. . ." She sighed here, and the hand that had been behind her head dropped back to her thighs, ". . . And I ended up giving Psyduck a really big headache. . . And he was able to use Teleport."





The rest of the group was found two seconds later in the corner of the lobby, huddled together, looking mightily terrified, and even Drew was seen, his first move in over an hour being to take a couple of steps away from where Misty was sitting.





"Huh." Brock replied, ". . . Taking my advice, I guess you could say. . ." He sweatdropped in fear.





"Yea. . ." But Misty was glaring as she said this, ". . . So why don't you guys come back and join me here on this nice, comfy sofa. . . ?"





Still looking slightly chilled at the thought of what she was capable of, they did so, and she looked a little less scary. Rather, a somber demeanor set over her, and she placed her face into her palm as though attempting to think of the best of ways to rid herself of it. . . And then. . .





". . . I've got it!" She jumped to her feet and, on impulse, everyone else joined her as well, "Alright, guys, I've made my decision! I know what we're gonna do!" She clapped her hands together with a bright smile on her face and jumped up into the air with excitement.





"Er, and what's that?" Ash asked, although she looked so pleased already that he didn't mind, whatever it was.





"We're going to go back to that fortuneteller, and we're gonna find out for sure! I wanna know what she has to say about me and Ash being a couple. . . !" She placed a finger beside her cheek and continued, ". . . Just call it a theory."





"What?" Okay, so, yea, that wasn't so bad, but. . .





". . . And I want to find out about May and Drew, too!"





"WHAT?" The entire group asked in unison, even Drew, although he wasn't looking as. . . er. . . "eye-popping" as the rest of them.





It was time to let the games begin.





OoO





Notes - Wahahahah, this chapter was so much fun. . . Gods, crazy Misty is the best! What do you all think of her? Oh, yea, anyway, moving on; thanks to everyone for the reviews! I'm really moving up with this story, somehow! I've only posted the first chapter of this story and I've finished writing the third chapter up on my foster mom's computer. Eh; it's mostly because I'm getting kicked out of foster care soon and I'm not sure that, where I'm going, they'll have a computer, you know? So I wanna take it while I have it. . .





Oh, oh, I have news for the Pokeshippers and Contestshippers reading this fic! Wahahah! The next chapter is the one you've all been waiting for! Actually. . . no it's not. I thought it would be, but then, after I finished writing it, I realized that I was going to have to split it into two parts, so chapter five is the one that most of the shippers will be really looking forward to. . . Especially Pokeshippers. Especially Pokeshippers who are drama - Misty - fans. Lol. Yay. And I'm so unsure about whether or not I'm even going to have May and Drew get together. . . I really don't think I am. . . It's so hard to work with those two, when I don't know Drew's character that well, minus the hot arrogance. . .





Reviews will be immensely appreciated! Flames will be canned and sent as letter bombs to the Dursleys who thought they were funny, but really weren't all these years when they were torturing poor, poor Harry Potter! Er. . . yea. . .











Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

erandor3 on August 12, 2007, 11:33:25 PM

erandor3 on
erandor3well this story is creative

AlleyCat17 on January 13, 2007, 10:12:40 AM

AlleyCat17 on
AlleyCat17that was so funny i hope d/m gets together and ash/misty
get together to and i hope you add more chapters soon.

omek on October 8, 2006, 9:08:27 AM

omek on
omeku r ebil stop makin them short pwease T.T

Chibi on October 9, 2006, 12:33:50 AM

Chibi on
ChibiShort? What did I make short? Anyway, it's been a reeeeaaaaaally long time since I up-in-dated this ficcie. . . Perhaps I should get back on that. . .

erandor3 on July 10, 2008, 9:05:11 PM

erandor3 on
erandor3yea last i read this was a year ago o_o u should update it