Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Case One: Closed

Ryan and Ryiza should spend their time doing homework and going out with friends, but instead steal their mother's work and follow the trail of clues left by trace evidence! Can you solve the crimes first?

Chapter 5 - Case One: Closed

Chapter 5 - Case One: Closed


Chapter Four - Case 1:Closed



Amy leaned forward in her chair, her eyes intently set on Nick McConvile. “Mr. McConvile, you are under arrest for the murder of Marcus Jung,” she stated sternly.

He snorted and asked, “What?”

Amy spread the images out in front of the suspect. “This is your kitchen, Mr. McConvile, with your blood.”

“I said I was attacked by Marcus in there,” he replied impatiently.

“No you weren't.” Amy smiled in satisfaction. Her supervisor, Joseph, sat silently next to her, allowing her to unfold the story on her own. “The blood doesn't match up to your account. If you were truly attacked, it would was spattered across the walls, cabinets, and possibly the ceiling by the knife swinging. You have no defensive wounds on your arms or hands, but several slashes across your chest. The chest is actually a hard target for a knife, as limbs tend to get in the way.”

Nick scoffed a bit and pointed out, “Marcus was my friend. I didn't know what to think when he attack. I didn't want to hurt him-“

“So you pulled out a gun?” she pressed. “And shot him? If you got him into the garage, you could have easily locked the door and called the police. No, Mr. McConvile, you wanted him dead. He came to collect and you didn't have it.” He started to protest, but she continued. “The wounds you have are self-inflicted. You cut yourself across the chest to set up a scenario where Marcus attacked you, and you shot him in self defense. But if he really attacked you, the wounds would be other places than your chest. You dripped your own blood onto the floor to make it look real. Evidence proves it.”

Mr. McConvile hotly protested with the ever cliché, “You can't prove it.”

Amy shook her head. “I already have. Besides…” she tapped a photo of the kitchen. “Your kitchen gave you away. You like things in their place, don't you?”

“Well…yes…”

“You shut the drawer,” she smirked. “You took the knife out, and naturally, shut the drawer afterwards. If Mr. Jung really went into a rage and pulled out a knife, I doubt he would have shut it after him.”

The accused sat in silence for a moment, before announcing, “I want a lawyer.” Amy rolled her eyes, the man was full of originality.

Joseph stood up as did she. “That's your right,” she replied, before moving for the door. Joseph held the door open for her, and shut it behind him.

“So who won first?” he asked good-naturedly.

“Ryiza,” she smiled at him.

“Hmm. You know, I'm not supposed to allow civilians to work case.” Joseph scratched his head, and looked at the two children sprawled across the seats in the waiting room. Ryan held a Gameboy and Ryiza looked over his shoulder.

“They're not civilians. They're my children,” Amy corrected, smiling at the two as they argued for a moment.

“Why are they here, by the way?” he asked.

“I'm taking them to Cold Stone for ice cream,” she replied easily, moving for the door. “So I'm clocking out early.” The twins spotted their mother through the glass and got up.

“Go ahead. You've worked overtime all week.” He shook his head. “They're going to be great investigators, like their mother.”

She paused, and looked at him. “No. Like their father,” she corrected gently, before the two greeted her at the door, excitedly listing what flavors and toppings they wanted. Amy laughed at some of their claims, as she wrapped her arms around their shoulders and they left the building.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment