Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Case Two: Closed

Ryan and Ryiza should spend their time doing homework and going out with friends, but instead steal their mother's work and follow the trail of clues left by trace evidence! Can you solve the crimes first?

Chapter 9 - Case Two: Closed

Chapter 9 - Case Two: Closed


Chapter Eight - Case Two:Closed (ready to test your theory?)



“A happy reunion tonight for the governor and his family, as their young son Terryl was returned home unharmed and in good health-“

“Terryl says he wants to take you two to a baseball game next week, by the way,” Amy told her twins as they stood in front of the television set at the lab.

Ryan grinned at her. “Sure, why not?”

“As long as he's feeling up to it,” Ryiza quickly added.

“Oh, he's fine. He had his medicine with him. Then again, you knew that,” Amy stated, looking at her children with a satisfied smile. “After all, only someone who knew Terryl intimately would know he needed his pills and what he needed when. They took all of them for the week.”

“And they took the pills as well as the clothes in Terryl's backpack,” Ryan stated confidently. “Put different clothes on him and got him out of the museum in the mad rush with all the kids. That's why he didn't show up on any of the security cameras before the alert. He left because of the alert.”

“He didn't even know he was being `kidnapped',” Ryiza added. “No one noticed because he was a kid among hundreds of kids - what's harder than a needle in a haystack?”

“A piece of hay,” Amy completing the phrase with a chuckle.

“So his guardians are locked away, right?” Ryiza asked while Amy moved them both towards the door to take them home.

“Yep.”

“And they can't make Terryl's mom cry again,” Ryan reassured his sister.

“Kidnapping your own charge…that's pretty low.”

“But it was a perfect set-up…dress him up in other clothes, say he was missing, and lead him out during the panic.” Ryan shook his head. “Only they didn't enter the building at the same time as him. He was on the tape - they weren't.”

“Is that what tipped you off?”

“Yeah,” Ryan nodded at Ryiza's question while they climbed into the car and fastened their seatbelts. “They said they were with him the whole time, right? So where were they when they entered the building? Wouldn't that be the most dangerous time to leave their charge alone?”

“And when a kid points out that-” Ryiza chuckled. “They were quick to confess and point the finger at the other.”

“Where were they?” their mom asked.

“Getting a floorplan so they knew where the security cameras and exits were. Had to put the clothes on Terryl without getting spotted by security!”


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment