Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Natalie

24 years into the future, Chris Fenton lives with her mom. She finds things out about her familys past. But will it be good for her to know, or bad?

Chapter 5 - Natalie

Chapter 5 - Natalie


“Chris, I think something's bothering you.” Wes said as they reached the park. Chris was looking at the ground. “Nothing's bothering me.” She replied. Wes raised his eyebrows and said, “Either there's something bothering you, or you always act like this.” Chris remained silent. Wes continued, “Come on, you can tell me anything. I'm your friend, remember.” Chris looked up at him and smiled. “Okay, it's about my dad. I think he…” She didn't get the chance to finish. “What did your dad do this time, Fenton?” Chris and Wes wheeled around. “Oops. I forgot. Your dad's dead.” Wes watched as the blond girl walked closer to him with a group of laughing girls trailing behind her. Chris hung her head. Wes asked, “Who are you?” The girl answered, “I'm the most popular girl in school.” Wes rolled his eyes and said, “I don't care. What's your name?” The girl looked offended. “My name is Natalie.”

Wes looked down at Chris. Her eyes were tightly shut, so was her mouth. Noticing that he had ignored her, Natalie walked closer to Wes and said, “My, you'd make a great basketball player. You're tall and good looking. You'd just need to loose the glasses. They make you look like a geek.” Wes was shocked. He looked back at Natalie and Chris's fists clenched. Natalie reached up and took Wes's glasses off his face. “That's better. Isn't he hot, girls?” The small group giggled. “What's the matter Chris? Am I flirting with your boyfriend?” Chris's fists closed tighter and Wes looked down at her. She opened her mouth but she said nothing. Then she opened it again and said, “You know what's wrong?” Chris looked up and glared at Natalie. Wes looked at her eyes and opened his own wide. Natalie did the same. Chris continued, “You. You are just a stupid, snotty blond girl who doesn't care about other people. So if I were you, I would get my make-up blobbed face out of Chris Fenton's way!” She did.

“Uh, Chris?” Wes said as Natalie and her group walked away quickly. Chris was still glaring at her. “Do your eyes always change colors?” This caught her attention. Chris looked at him with her blue eyes. “Wow. There blue again.” Chris looked puzzled. “What do you mean, `blue again'?” Wes answered, “When you were yelling at Natalie, your eyes were green and glowing.” Chris took a deep breath, “Green and glowing?” Wes nodded. Chris grabbed her backpack and walked over to a nearby bench. When she sat down she said, “I need to show you something.” Wes walked over and sat beside her. While she was digging in her backpack she said, “This morning, on my way to school, my hover board ran out of battery and I fell through the roof of that old school. After school, I fell through a tree. Just know, my eyes were green and glowing.” She pulled out some pictures and handed them to Wes. “I think I have ghost powers.”

“You're joking, right?” Chris shook her head. Wes looked down at the pictures and squinted at them. “I can't see. Natalie took my glasses.” Chris sighed and rolled her eyes. Wes continued, “Hey, if you have ghost powers, shouldn't you have a ghost form too?” “I guess.” Chris answered. Wes squinted at the photos again. “Like Danny Phantom.” Chris looked up at him. “Who?” She asked. Wes looked surprised. “You've never heard of Danny Phantom?” She shook her head. He continued, “Well, people say that he was half ghost, half human. That he died protecting a woman and a baby girl.” Chris sat up and said, “I think Danny Phantom was my father.” Wes stared at her. She stood up and stood in front of him. She closed her eyes and Wes said, “What are you doing?” Without opening her eyes Chris said, “Seeing if I'm half ghost.”

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

dragon52 on March 24, 2006, 12:55:13 PM

dragon52 on
dragon52PLEASE CONTINUE, great job.

gohstann on March 24, 2006, 8:15:23 AM

gohstann on
gohstanncool! Figuring it out are we? Good job on the chapter but could I ask you something.... could you doble space? Its just I have truble reading it cause the lines are so close together but its just a request any way I really do like this story! Please continue!

Kaede-chan on March 23, 2006, 11:18:15 AM

Kaede-chan on
Kaede-chanCoolcoolcoolcoolcooooool!!!! Yay! Poor Wes, he needs his glasses back! Yay! Keep on updatin'!