Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Only Chapter This Story Will Have.

Just a short oneshot on an event in Sunny-chan''s life-- being diagnosed with Autism at the age of 2. She is in her own world that Lolo and Klonoa are trying to understand-- the world of autism.

Chapter 1 - The Only Chapter This Story Will Have.

Chapter 1 - The Only Chapter This Story Will Have.
DATE: 5/1/2023

I'm here in this world, but... why are some people teasing me? Is it for who I am? Sunny thought. After all, she sighed. I'm just...

"Lolo-san, she may have autism," a doctor said.

"Sunny-chan... has autism?" a woman said with a worried look on her face.

"Yes, she'll have trouble interacting with people, and may never speak. Her senses are more sensitive, also."

BANG.

Sunny looked at the doctor, who had slammed something onto a table, and she began to whimper.

"I guess that was loud for you, Sunnita-chan."

I hate my real name. It sounds Spanish... so I stick with my "nickname", Sunny. If someone calls me by my "real" name, I get upset and cry, Sunny thought, and she turned to her toy lemon-yellow rabbit. Surely, you accept me for who I am, she'd think as she picked up the bunny and hugged it. But what's "Autism?"

"Sunny-chan, we'd better go," the woman said with a smile on her face.

Sunny turned to her mother and smiled. Mama accepts me. Dad probably does, too!

DATE: 5/21/2010 (Sunny travelling through time at age 12, and at her P.O.V.)

Even though I'm autistic, it's been 10 years since my family knew I had Autism. They said I'd never speak, but I did when I was five. I swear I want to tell Klonoa-san... but he's my dad in the future. He needs to find out when Lolo-san tells him I have it...

I squeezed my hands together. It would be a while until I got to Klonoa-san's house, so I could sing to pass the time, but my grandmother, my mom's mother, said I'm not good at singing, but I sang when Klonoa-san was around once, and he thought it was Lolo-san.

When I arrived there, I put a heart-warming smile on my face. "Mamoru-san! It's me, Sunny-chan!"

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment