Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Birthday

Sunny-chan tries to discover her past and why she was born... But she finds mysterious things about her family along the way, even if she's only five years old...

All characters (c) their respectful owners!

Chapter 1 - Birthday

Chapter 1 - Birthday
"Sunny! Get back here!"

A small four-year-old cabbit girl was running around the house as if she were trying to find something important. She was now poking at certain foods as if she wanted to have them to eat.

"Sunny, I told you we need to get you to preschool. Even though it's your birthday, it's a Wednesday so you have to go," the woman calmly informed her.

Sunny then turned and smiled as she dashed for her backpack and tried to take out her crayons, but her mother simply put it back in, causing the girl to whine a little.

"Sunnita Faith Watanabe, PLEASE don't do this... It's your last day before your small break and Preschool Graduation.(1) You have to act like a big girl since you'll be five tonight!"

Sunny stopped whining, but was worried, and then grabbed the skirt of her mother's dress as they left.

---

During free time, Sunny was looking out the window as she watched kindergarteners and first-graders playing outside, hoping she'd see two familiar faces.

"Come on, Sunny! Quit staring outside!" a boy cabbit with a dinosaur toy demanded as he got next to her.

"Naoki, just leave her. She's the youngest kid in our class(2) anyway and she'll always be the Runt," another boy, a wolf, told the boy cabbit, "Daddy always told me the runts don't get as much 'cuz they're the littlest."

Sunny banged on the window to try and get the first-graders' attention, but only one boy turned and began to run towards the building.

"I wonder what that boy's doing," Soma-sensei would wonder to herself as she went outside to bring him back, but Sunny followed her preschool teacher.

"Oh! Faith!" the boy exclaimed as he ran over to Sunny and bear-hugged her.

"You know Sunnita Faith-chan, Kazu-kun?" the teacher asked the boy.

"Yeah, we're relatives!" the boy, Kazu, responded as he slowly let go of his niece.

(They are related, and you DO call a half-brother's daughter a niece... Just wanted to point that out since Kazu and Ko are Klonoa's half-siblings and Sunny is the daughter of Klonoa and Lolo! xD )

Sunny simply handed Kazu a picture, which was just of a bunch of rather poorly-drawn flowers (But hey! She's improving!) on a green field.

"Oh, thanks, Faith... Ah! If anyone's picking on you or something, let me know, 'kay? I gotta get back to recess since I'm preparing for a rematch..." he turned and started to run, "See you later!" he shouted as he ran off to the crowd of first-graders.

Sunny waved good-bye as she looked over near where he was.

"Sunny-chan, let's go back. Okay, dear?" Soma-sensei asked as she smiled at the tiny student of hers.

Sunny, who was now a little depressed, only slowly turned and walked towards where her classroom was.

"I had Kazu and his sister Ko-chan here two years ago, Sunny-chan," the teacher whispered.

"Hey, it's the Runt!" the wolf boy shouted directly at Sunny.

Sunny couldn't help but panic and run off to under a table as some of the kids laughed at her.

Then a pink-and-red cabbit girl, who was standing next to the wolf boy, slapped his arm, causing him to cry a little. "You do NOT tease her!" she yelled at the boy. "Just 'cuz she's the littlest and doesn't talk much doesn't mean you can tease her!"

Sunny only stared at the cabbit girl with a bewildered expression as tears streamed down from her face.

"Sakura-chan, we don't hit people--"

"I know, sensei! But he was teasin' Sunny-chan!" the cabbit girl, Sakura, responded.

"I could of told the other students myself that Sunny has au--(3)"

"I know about it, I heard my mommy talking about it with Sunny-chan's mommy."

"You don't eavesdrop either. That's impolite..."

"Oh."

As she hid a tiny crystal from her friend, Sakura walked over to Sunny and lightly touched her hand. "Don't worry, he's just mean. I'll make sure he stays away."

Sunny only nodded yes as she began to play with her tiny doll, which was Doremi from Ojamajo Doremi Sharp dressed in a pink Witch Apprentice Uniform.

(yes, I know there's just regular Ojamajo Doremi, but Sharp is, and always will be, my favorite season ♥ )

"Oh! Is that Doremi-chan? I guess your mom got you into classic anime as well!" Sakura chimed.

Sunny nodded as she smiled and hugged Sakura's arm.

---

"Hey, Lolo..."

"Hm?"

"How's your daughter doing with the counciling and stuff?"

"Oh, she's fine... She's improved a little, though."

"Isn't she five now?"

"She's four until about eight twenty-seven PM... Three minutes until she goes to bed tonight."

Lolo, Sunny's mother, was getting ready to pick up Sunny from her friend's house, since the tiny girl and her classmates only had morning preschool, which ended at eleven fifteen in the morning.

"So you're ending your shift?"

Lolo only nodded and began to leave.

"Lo, the card."

Lolo handed a card to her boss and then dashed outside to the parking lot. "Please don't be in a panic attack, please don't be in a panic attack!"(4) she prayed to Goddess Claire.

---

Lolo had arrived at Sakura's house, and she didn't hear Sunny's crying-- a good sign. Instead, Sunny had ran out and grabbed Lolo's hand.

"Sunny-chan was getting impatient, Watanabe-sama!" Kimiko, Sakura's mother, notified.

"Yamasaki-san, thanks for the heads-up--"

"Bye-bye, Sunny-chan!" Sakura shouted as she and Sunny waved goodbye to each other.

---

In the car, Sunny was holding onto her Doremi doll, which was now wearing a casual purple-and-pink shirt, beige shorts, light-pink socks, and pink shoes.

"Sunny-chan, can you listen for a minute?" Lolo asked.

Sunny immediately looked up at Lolo. "Myu?" the tiny cabbit girl squeaked.

"Please promise me you'll try to speak again... It's been about four years since you've said your first words, but then you never spoke again..."

Sunny tilted her head in confusion, as if her expression said "What? It's not my fault I can't talk."

Lolo sighed in relief. "Anyway, you need to be happy since it's your birthday!"

Sunny smiled and began to squeal in happiness for a little bit until her mother told her "turn it down to level two(5), Sunny..." with a calm voice.

---

Cake.
Presents.
Family.
Excitement.

Those four things went on throughout the rest of the day before she had gotten into her pj's and was getting ready to go to bed, but she remembered something from when she was little--

She was only four months old and was being put to sleep by a lullaby.

But who sang it?

He sounded soft and soothing...

His voice was very familiar...

He tried SO hard to keep her calm (and succeeded)...

She really loved him...


"Sunny-chan, you alright?"

Sunny quickly turned to Kazu and nodded.

"Kazu~! I gotta give her advice, too!" Kazu's twin sister, Ko, shouted.

"I thought you BOTH were," Klonoa sighed.

"Oh yeah!" the girl replied as she took Sunny's hand and ran off with her.

---

The memory then returned to Sunny as she fell asleep...

(A/N: That's all I got for chapter one since we're heading to a restaurant for my birthday and I wanted this to be posted today! Plus I'm addicted to Klonoa Heroes!)

----
EXTRA NOTES:

(1) Preschool Graduation- Yeah, I thought in Breezegale, the schooling system is actually similar to Japan's, with the addition of preschool. There's preschool, Primary (Kindergarten to 6th Grade, but the Kindergarten is a separate building), Junior High (7th Grade to 9th Grade, this is how it's done in Japan), and High School (10th Grade to 12 Grade, usually done in Japan). And I remember there being Kindergarten Graduation (I saw kindergarteners practicing something a few days before my friemds and I promoted out of 8th grade, and I think I saw a little boy who I thought had autism like me because he was covering his ears due to the loud music...), so I'm putting a little twist in this~!

(2) Youngest in the Class- Sunny IS the youngest in her class. My thought was that her school year usually ended in May and began in August (that's how it usually works at my school, same with Rae's) and that they don't accept kids born later than the last day of school/graduation day (they don't do THAT at my school, I can tell you that), so she's pretty much lucky to be in her preschool class!

(3) "She has au--"- Sunny-chan was diagnosed with autism at the age of one (hard to believe, I know!) when someone suggested for Klonoa and Lolo to see what was up with Sunny-chan hating having her head patted, rubbed, or even TOUCHED (except by Mamoru, her grandfather, or whenever she's taking a bath xD).

(4) Panic Attacks- An autistic child, like Sunny-chan, can get into Panic Attacks whenever there's a change, if they don't think his/her parents are bringing them home when told he/she was, if they don't win a game, or if he/she gets frustrated. And this happens to Sunny ALOT in this story/fanfic!

(5) Level Two- This means her voice has to be soft xD

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment