Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Bugs!

Sunny-chan tries to discover her past and why she was born... But she finds mysterious things about her family along the way, even if she's only five years old...

All characters (c) their respectful owners!

Chapter 2 - Bugs!

Chapter 2 - Bugs!
Sooo the next afternoon, Sunny was--

Let me explain! So it was raining and stuff, and so Klonoa brought Sunny to Kazu's house (A/N: Well, duh, Klonoa has to work... Lolo does too xD ) and here's what happened.

"Ko! We're gonna find some type of bug!" Kazu immediately announced as he put a red-and-orange raincoat on and handed Sunny a purple-and-green one.

"Nooo! I found something for her!" his twin sister replied as she ran over to them, holding a hot-pink princess dress specifically for Sunny.

The yellow cabbit only glanced over at Ko and then instantly hid behind Kazu. Sunny HATED pink unless it was a pastel pink.

(A/N: She likes Pinkie Pie though... Don't judge.)

"I know you're there, Faith! You don't wanna catch bugs, they're gross and stuff!"

Sunny then grabbed Kazu's hand as she then started walking outside with him.

"I'll tell Dad!" Ko demanded as she ran off to find Mamoru.

"We don't care!" Kazu then opened the door, let himself and Sunny out, and then shut the door.

Sunny then squealed in excitement as she ran around, letting the raindrops fall onto her; raincoat, fur, and all. Honestly, she LOVED the rain and couldn't get enough of it, but she hated thunder, lightning, and storms.

"Come on, Faith! We gotta find some bugs and stuff!" Kazu demanded as he started searching through bushes, causing Sunny to do the same.

---

Meanwhile, at the "Krusty Krab", Joka had shown Garlen an explosive pie, which was supposed to be for Guntz as a "Employee Brotherhood Gift", but a tiny piece of it exploded on them.

"He CRIED you a sweater of tears and you tried to KILL him?!" Garlen asked with a tone of anger in his voice as he got up and faced Joka.

The tiny clown creature couldn't explain, but then Guntz came by, saying the thing he ate was really good, and then Garlen noticed the pie was gone.

"Oh thanks, Joka!" Guntz said as he bowed in respect and ran off into the restaurant.

(A/N: If you read "Fanfic or Randomness?" by RaeAshleyRodri, you know where this is going. Yes, some parts deal with Guntz~!)

"He most likely has until sunset to live. I've seen this eleven times to be exact," Garlen concluded.

Joka then rushed to the phone and dialed a number. "Hello? ... It won't work?! ... Eleven times?!" He then hung up the phone and started crying. "I need to make the last hours of his life meaningful..."

Garlen then strangely looked at the sky as it was raining. "Seems like yesterday when it was dark and stormy and that kid was born."(1)
---

"Faith! Look what I found!" Kazu shouted as he ran over to her with a caterpillar.

The girl responded with a smile and revealng a large, green frog.

"A frog?!"

Sunny only nodded.

"Okay, we should get inside now--"

Sunny was now squealing with joy as she began stomping in puddles, one-by-one, and still being careful with the frog, which was on her head.

"Can't blame her!" Kazu agreed as he put the caterpillar on an arm of his raincoat and joined in with her.

About ten minutes later, Sunny grabbed Kazu's hand and began to run towards the door, but--

"Sunny? Kazu?"

They immediately stopped to see Mamoru, who didn't notice the tiny creatures the two kids had befriended.

"Come on, I found something you two might like."

Sunny instantly bolted to Mamoru and clinged onto his arm. Yes, these two share some type of bond that lasted since the small girl was born.

"Wait, what is it?" Kazu asked as he put the caterpillar on his hand.

"It's something for di-- Kazu, why do you have that with you?"

"He wanted a snack, dad!"

"Kazu, bring it back outside."

Kazu then ran off to his room, still holding the caterpillar.

"MASAKAZU! BRING THAT THING OUTSIDE NOW!"

Sunny then began having a Panic Attack as she slowly backed away from her grandfather.

"Dangit, why now, Sunny-chan?!" Mamoru asked the small girl, who's his granddaughter.

Sunny then slowly took the frog off her head as she was still crying.

Mamoru then paused and looked at the frog. To him, frogs were alright, be he HATED bugs, despite being an Earth-elemented cabbit.

"A frog?" Mamoru questioned.

"Ka-e-ru," Sunny murmured as she looked down.

"Did you say something, dear?"

Sunny didn't say anymore as she looked back at him.

"You said something. I know you did, Sunny-chan!"

The girl only started crying again as she turned away from him, since she thought he wanted her to bring the frog back outside.

"Y-You can keep the frog, Sunny, I'm sure your parents won't mind..."

Kazu and Ko then slowly walked into the room, but they weren't noticed by either Mamoru or Sunny. But then the caterpillar slowly crawled onto the sleeve of Ko's shirt, and the girl obviously noticed this.

"KAZU, GET THAT THING OFF ME!" Ko screamed as she began trying to fling the caterpillar off her arm.

Sunny's screaming only got louder.

"She's having a Panic Attack, so try not to yell!" Mamoru informed the twins.

Kazu and Ko instantly froze.

"Hey Dad, what's a Panic--"

The autistic girl then just ran over to them and cupped her hands over the bug.

"Sunnita Fa--"

Sunny then HISSED before Mamoru could finish saying her real name. She HATED when the words "Sunnita Faith" were said. She HATED her real name SO MUCH.

"I'm telling your mother about this--"

"Dad! It wasn't her fault! You're overreacting!" Ko stated as she stuck the caterpillar on the wall.

"OH GAWD! GET IT OFF THE WALL AND BACK OUTSIDE!" Mamoru shouted.

Sunny then got the caterpillar off the wall, ran to an open window, and THREW it outside, where it landed perfectly on a leaf.

The others could only stare at amazement.

"Bye-bye," Sunny said as she waved goodbye to the caterpillar.

"Yay!" Ko cheered as she clapped her hands. "Faith's starting to get my point!"

"No, she's only listening to Dad, you know,"(2) Kazu pointed out.

Sunny only walked over to Mamoru and fell asleep as she clutched his left arm.

"Well, what do you two think? You think we should get dinner started?" Mamoru asked.

"Yeah!" Kazu agreed.

"But first put Faith somewhere so she can rest, Dad!" Ko added.

About a few hours later, Sunny woke up to realize she was in Ko's bed (lol I don't know why xD ) and that she had fallen asleep.

"Faith, we're going to eat dinner!" Ko noted as she tried to get Sunny out of the bed.

----

And it turns out Guntz didn't die, he saved the pie for Joka to eat! And Joka and Guntz both survived during the pie's explosion! XD

----

Notes- 

(1) "Seems like yesterday it was dark and stormy and that kid was born."- Yes, Garlen was referring to when Sunny was born.

(2) "She's only listening to Dad, you know."- Yeah, Sunny only tried to get rid of the caterpillar so it could be nice and quiet again...

A/N: While I was writing this, I kept putting "Sunny" instead of "Faith" when Kazu and Ko mention her, and I'm like "They say Faith, not Sunny! Get it right, Rachael! XD" and so I did! And I'll explain what happened to that caterpillar in a later chapter XD

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment