Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Reflection

I children's story I wrote for my creative comp. class

Chapter 1 - The Reflection

Chapter 1 - The Reflection


The day was perfect.

There was not a cloud in the sky, no wind, and the sun was shining high above



Griffin had just awakened. He walked to the nearby lake for a drink of water.

The lake was as smooth as glass; looking into the lake was like looking into a mirror.

Griffin reached into the lake to cup some water in his hand. When he reached in, Griffin felt something pull on his arm; however, Griffin couldn't see anything there.

Before Griffin could act, the invisible force pulled him down into the lake.



When Griffin opened his eyes, he found himself not underwater but in a cave.

“Some sorcerery must be at work here,” Griffin thought to himself as he looked around the cave.

Behind him, he found a frozen pool of water

“My only way back,” Griffin said out loud. “Looks like I'm staying here for awhile.”



At the end of the cave, there was a large door.

“What's through here?” Griffin asked himself.

On the other side of the door Griffin found what appeared to be a normal town.



“So, a hero has come to Dibiki at last.

The voice came from behind Griffin. He turned around and saw the strangest man he had ever seen.

“How did you get…?” Griffin started to say.

“Of course, you will help us, won't you; not like you're going home until you do.”

“What are you talking about?” Griffin managed to get in.

“The darkness has frozen the pool, the link between our worlds. That won't thaw until the darkness passes.”

“What do I need to do?”



“Eager, aren't we? First, I'll describe this darkness. A man, wearing a mask of dark powers arrived in this land of Dibiki and caused disaster. In a matter of days, three to be exact, this world will be destroyed. You need to stop him before that happens.

“Now to answer your question; you need to find a mask of light and use it to destroy the power of the dark mask.”

“Where can I find the mask?”

“The mask is in a temple in the mountains to the north. You need to then head south to destroy the dark mask.”

“Ok, I'll do it.”

“See you in three days,” the man said, right before vanishing.



“I still had some questions to ask,” Griffin said to himself. “He didn't even tell me the name of the man I'm after, let alone his.”

With that, Griffin headed north to the mountains.



Griffin soon reached the snowy mountains. He started up the trail that would take him to the temple.

At the end of the trail, there was a long bridge, and at the end was the temple, floating above the mountains. Griffin slowly made his way over the bridge, nothing below but an endless abyss, but he still pushed forward. He had to reach the temple.



Griffin was right up to the entrance to the temple. A large gate stood before him. Griffin took a deep breath and pushed the doors open. The doors came open with little difficulty.



Inside, Griffin found the most beautiful shrine he had ever seen. It was bright and warm, quite different than the cold and snow outside. The light came from a large crystal, high above on the ceiling. Straight across; Griffin could see the pedestal where the mask was resting. Griffin walked up to the pedestal, and saw the mask, and above it was an inscription, which Griffin read out loud to himself.



“Only a person who is worthy can move this mask from its resting place and claim its power,” Griffin read..



“Well, no turning back now,” Griffin said just as he took the mask in his hands and lifted the mask from the pedestal.



Griffin held the mask in front of him for a moment, just stood there staring at the mask. He could only think, “I finally have the Mask of Light.”

Griffin snapped back to reality, remembering his mission. He packed up the mask and headed south toward the canyon.



The trip to the temple took Griffin a full day. He now had two days to reach the canyon, find, and stop whoever had the dark mask. He was running low on time.



Griffin made it to the canyon, which took another day. Somewhere there was the man with the dark mask, and he had to defeat him to both save this land of Dibiki and to return home. Griffin hoped that it wouldn't take long to find him; there was only one day was left.



Griffin entered the canyon. He found that it was filled with clay houses; however, it seemed no one had lived there for many years. Then Griffin saw it, a large building, almost like a castle.

“Is that where you're hiding?” Griffin asked no one.

He made his way toward the castle.



When he finally reached the castle, the sky was crimson in the sunset.

“I need to hurry; I only have until dawn.”



When he entered the castle, monstrous guards immediately surrounded him.

“I thought that this was too easy,” Griffin said, reading his shield and sword.

Griffin quickly conquered them and quickly started into the castle.



The castle was very large, and time was growing short.

Griffin finally found the room where he would find him; finally, he will end this.

Unfortunately, dawn wasn't too far off, an hour at most.











Griffin opened the door to the room, his heart racing. The door was open, and there he saw the dark man, wearing the black mast.

“So, you have arrived at last, and I see you hold the Mask of Light,” the man said with a cold voice.

“Yes, I have the mask. May I inquire your name, seeing that no one has given it to me?” Griffin asked.

“Vadin is my name. Not that it matters, you won't be around to remember it.”

“Don't be so sure of yourself; I don't plan on losing,” Griffin said, taking out the mask and putting it on.



Griffin could feel the power coming from the mask. He readied his weapons and prepared to fight.

Vadin followed in suit, drawing a large sword. Then the two started to duel. Both were evenly strong and skilled.

“I have the advantage here. You need to win; I just need to survive,” Vadin said. “Dawn is minutes away, you don't have a chance.”

“I have an advantage to; I can use all of the power of the mask and lose nothing, If you do that, you'll lose everything,” Griffin answered him.



Griffin then put every bit of the power of the mask into his sword. Then Griffin charged Vadin. Vadin had no choice but to use all of his power to try to block the attack. When the attackers met, the room flashed both light and dark. When the light died down, both of the masks had fallen off; a large crack had formed in both of them, their power spent.



Griffin got up, exhausted from using up so much energy. Vadin lay there, out cold. Looking at him lying there, Griffin could see he wasn't anything without that mask. There was no more danger to Dibiki. Griffin set off for home.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment