Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Brodie

This book is all about a bratty thirteen-year-old named Kayla Miller. Kayla has it all, popularity, a popular boyfriend, beauty, and money. Kayla is full of herself, but she ends up breaking up with her bf...

Chapter 1 - Brodie

Chapter 1 - Brodie
Kayla Miller had everything. She had beautiful jade-green eyes, popularity, a huge house, tons of friends, long, straight, golden hair and she was an only child. She was only thirteen, in seventh grade, but she loved her life.
Kayla packed up her backpack. She looked out the window at the pool. Then she turned, walked out the door, and went to the bus stop. Of course, she passed the lame people and went to see the cooler people to hang until the bus came- Will, Jordan, Ashlee, Carly, Sam, Zach, Abby, Hannah, and a few of her other friends.
Ashlee came up to Kayla and whispered, “Did you hear? Brodie likes you!”
“Of course,” Kayla said, “I mean, who wouldn’t?”
“Rumor has it he’s going to ask you out today in seventh period!” Exclaimed Will.
“Yep, I bet so. I mean, he’s been hitting on me since school started. And it is Valentine’s Day.” Kayla couldn’t help having a hint of pride in her voice. Oh, how popular and beautiful she was!
“The bus is here!” One of the non-cool people shouted.
The bus drove up the road. It stopped, and the driver indicated for girls to go. Kayla went first. “Ash, you’re sitting with me!”
Kayla went to the very back seat. Ash came next, and sat by her. Our other friends sat around us, leaving the non-cool people in front. “Zach, come back here!” She exclaimed. Why would he sit in seat one? She felt rather jealous. Zach came back, though, and sat in the other back seat.
“That wasn’t so hard, was it? Now don’t sit up there again,” said Kayla, and she winked at him.
When the bus got to school, Kayla ran in right away. She walked to the A hall, where her first period was. She knew Brodie always stood by the hall, and there he was. She winked at him and smiled. Brodie’s face went read- Kayla couldn’t help giggling.
She wished she had more periods with him- they only had seventh period together, and it was at 1:15. She checked her watch—It was 7:35, ten minutes before the warning bell rang, and 15 until the late bell. She grabbed her brush out of her backpack, dropped it, and went into the bathroom.
She did what all girls do in the bathroom- fixed her hair. She looked in the mirror, thinking, Oh yeah, I look so good—Brodie will be so impressed!
Of course, all of her periods went by slowly. When it was finally lunch time at 11:00, she couldn’t believe it had only been about four hours. And sadly, Brodie had lunch at 12:00.
Kayla got her lunch and went outside to sit by Brodie’s friends. There were some of the popular girls there, too, but none as popular as Kayla.
Kayla went over to Logan, Brodie’s best friend. She whispered in his ear, does Brodie like me?
“Psh, no! Why would he? Of course he doesn’t! Uh, it’s not like he’s going to, like, uh, ask you out today in seventh period, or, uh, anything!”
So Brodie did like her. Obviously, boys act like this when they lie. What bad liars they are!
“Oh, okay. I thought he did.” See? She could lie with a perfectly straight face.
Kayla’s best friend, Lily, came over—lunch was the only time they saw each other. Kayla ran up to Lily and hugged her.
“Lily!” She exclaimed, then whispered, “Rumor has it Brodie’s gonna ask me out in seventh today!”
Lily stared at Kayla in astonishment. “No way!”
“Way!”
Kayla and Lily jumped up and down, holding onto each other.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
It was finally seventh period, 1:15. Kayla ran down the stairs into the A hall, into the door for science. About a minute later, Brodie came in. Oh, how cute he was! He put his backpack on his chair. He finally looked at me, and asked,
“Will you go out with me?”
It was like I couldn’t breathe because I was so happy. I smiled at him.
“What’s wrong?”
“N…nothing. Yes, I’ll go out with you!”
“Cool.”
Kayla wrote her phone number on a sheet of paper. It read:
Kayla Miller
225-8228
Call me! <
Kayla handed it to Brodie and smiled. The bell rang, so she sat, looking at the back of Brodie’s head.
“Brodie! Call your mom at the end of the period,” Kayla said, since it was last period, “See if you can come to my house!”
Brodie looked at Kayla and smiled. How envious the other girls must be!
When the period was over, Brodie and Kayla walked out together. Kayla handed Brodie her cell.
“No, it’s okay. I have one.”
Brodie called his mom.
“Thanks!” He said after about thirty seconds. “She said yes—we better hurry, before we miss the bus.”
Kayla and Brodie walked out of the school, found bus 403, and boarded.
“Do you have a pass?” The driver asked Brodie.
“Don’t worry, he’s going to my house today,” said Kayla, knowing the driver had a soft spot for her. After he agreed, Kayla and Brodie walked to the very back seat and sat. Zach looked at me for a second, looking jealous of something, then turned forward again. Kayla couldn’t help but feel bad for a second.
Once they got to Kayla’s stop, they got off. Of course, the popular kids stayed at the stop for a while and hung. They stood there until the un-cool people left and then chatted. Everyone congratulated Brodie and Kayla.
“I’m getting annoyed,” whispered Brodie.
“Me too,” Kayla said. They walked down the street, to Kayla’s house.
“You know,” she said, “It’s rather warm out… Care to swim?”
“Nah, I don’t have a swimsuit. Wanna watch a movie?”
Luckily, it was a weekend. Kayla agreed, and they went down to the big screen and watched a movie.
Then the thought hit Kayla.
We’re taking this relationship way too fast.
She thought for a minute, then told herself,
No way. This is too fast for lame people. I’m the most popular and pretty girl in school. No way I’m taking it too fast.
Brodie yawned and put his hand around Kayla. She sat back, and smiled to herself.
How perfect life was.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

DannyWinxFan on February 11, 2008, 2:43:32 AM

DannyWinxFan on
DannyWinxFanOops. I put It was like I couldn’t breathe because I was so happy. I smiled at him. Please ignore this, and instead of I, it's supposed to be Kayla. TY!