Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - there is no chapter title

A story I am working on.. Some details are crpited from my life but most of it is fiction.. so enjoy. ^^

Chapter 5 - there is no chapter title

Chapter 5 - there is no chapter title
Chapter 5

I woke during dusk. I had forgotten all of the transformation going through me for that brief time of sleep. The image of the demonic looking spike coiling out of my body had escaped me, like tears from a widow. I gave a glance around my room. I reached over my head, scrabbling to find any evidence of the spike. I could feel it between my fingers. It was slightly sticking through my skin. Maybe an inch or two out. Not nearly as long as before. I felt like it was connected to my shoulder blade. I tried rotating my arm, that in turn caused a nasty pain in my lower back. Forcing me to thrust my chest forward. After I was stretching and moving my back, I caused the spike to show itself again. But the second coming of it wasn’t as painful as this time. I don’t even think I bled. The new extremity, was... different. It was covered in patches of feathers, and there was more skin on it. I was able to move the feathers I had too. They were the same dark, black color as my hair. It sort of looked liked like a crows wing, mixed with a batt’s. I always liked batts. They are a misunderstood creature. Most think all bats drink blood. But only vampire bats drink, and rarely from people, even then they are usually asleep. Sometimes I wish I could change my name to something with an edge, like bat. But it would be more unusual, like Battt. I hate the name Blake. It makes me sound like I kid that is given anything he wants in the world, and has a trust fund from mommy and daddy to fall back on. But has any kid who had it easy in life ever become famous, or is known for anything? No, people don’t want to hear about a normal persons life or experiences. Only people that something bad has happened to them, that is who people want to learn about. I moved my wing, wow, I never thought something like that would pass my lips. My eyes were half open, and I was half awake. I looked at the mirror, I saw blood stains all over my back. I said in my mind I wouldn’t start to panic. That is another thing I didn’t mention about myself, I sometimes have panic attacks. I don’t get them frequently, but I get them. Maybe, two or three times a year. The attacks are just random to. Once I got one when I was in the midst of sleep. So panicking now, in the sight of all of this, was new. The panicking caused questions in my brain, and the questions caused further panicking. Will this thing grow, will it kill me, will another one grow? As more and more time dashed by, other questions flourished into my head. Like, will my kids have this wing? Will I be taken in like a lab rat and be tested for the rest of my life? I had to find a way to make the questions stop in my head. The most obvious answer kept starring me in the face, even if I didn’t want to do it. But since I didn’t control my fate, like the rest of god’s play things, I decided I would run.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment