Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Phone Call

When Tails is kidnapped who is to save him other than...Amy? But will Amy's heroics cost her and Sonic's life?

Chapter 2 - Phone Call

Chapter 2 - Phone Call
The sky was cloudless and the sun was hot that afternoon. Amy had spread the plaid picnic blanket across the sand and almost had the food arranged when Rouge and Knuckles showed up, both looking, for once, as if they were getting along.

Amy: “Hey guys!” She called.

Rouge: “What’s up, Amy?”

Amy: “Nothing much. How about you?”

Rouge: “Nothing.”

Knuckles: “Where’s Sonic?”

Just then Sonic came running out of the forest and stopped next to Amy.

Sonic: “Right here, Knux. Miss me?” he teased.

Knuckles: “Oh boy…” Knuckles rolled his eyes at Sonic’s ego.

The next twenty minutes passed peacefully. Amy was careful to sit close, but not to close, to Sonic, determined not see seem clingy. She’d made that resolution only a few months ago to distance herself a bit and it seemed to be working. Or at least she thought it was.

The peace ended when Sonic accidentally knocked over Knuckles’ soda all over him.

Knuckles: “shoot!” he shouted. “Why the frack did you do that?!”

Sonic: “Sorry, Knux, didn’t mean anything by it.”

Knuckles: “Like hell you didn’t! You’re getting me back for locking you in that closet with Amy last week!”

Amy blushed and she thought Sonic did too.

Sonic: “Cool down, Knucklehead.”

Knuckles: “That’s it! You’re asking for it, Pretty Boy!” Knuckles shouted.

And then they were rolling on top of each other, knocking food all over the place. Knuckles threw rapid punch after rapid punch, yet no matter how fast he hit Sonic dodged them all effortlessly.

Rouge: “Boys…” Rouge groaned. “I’d better go stop them before they tear up all the sand on the beach!”

Rouge flew after them, shouting from above, not risking getting too close. Amy watched them in humor, slightly amused at their pointless fighting. She knew that they wouldn’t actually hurt each other; Knuckles would just punch and Sonic would just dodge. They always followed the same pattern.

A phone rang. Amy checked around her and found Sonic’s cell phone. It must’ve fallen out of his pocket while he and Knuckles were rolling around. She checked the caller ID but didn’t know the number yet she answered it anyway. Before she could say a word, the voice on the other end began talking immediately.

???: “Hello, Sonic.” The voice said, oblivious to the fact that it wasn’t Sonic to whom he was talking to. “I have your little friend Tails held hostage here. Unless you come to my base in the Mystic Ruins, alone and unarmed, he will die. You have twenty four hours.”

Then they hung up.

[Cliffhanger! Leave a comment if you want me to continue.]

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Esshole on April 9, 2009, 3:06:40 PM

Esshole on
EssholeAh, same pattern fighting.

Esshole on April 9, 2009, 3:06:59 PM

Esshole on
EssholeYes, do continue.