Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Sleeping Medicine

When Tails is kidnapped who is to save him other than...Amy? But will Amy's heroics cost her and Sonic's life?

Chapter 3 - Sleeping Medicine

Chapter 3 - Sleeping Medicine
[*Sigh of relief* I've finally gotten this down! It's a bit longer than the others. I'll try to post the next chapter soon.]

Amy’s head spun fast. She immediately knew what would happen to Sonic were he to rescue Tails. And she knew that he would. He was that type of guy. He’d go to face whoever the kidnapper was; Amy couldn’t tell whose voice it belonged to because the connection was fuzzy. The kidnapper would bring out Tails and after making sure Sonic was alone and unarmed, he’d release Tails, perhaps even give them a chance to escape if he was the sadistic type, or perhaps not. Either way the kidnapper would catch them then quickly or cruelly, whatever mood he happened to be in, kill them both. It was never hard to guess with villains, they were all the same with their simple yet effective plans: kidnap close friend or relative, ransom and or threat, then once their prey came to “rescue” the prisoner, kill them both. Simple, yes, but effect.

Amy could see that Knuckles and Sonic had calm down and were slowly walking back, both were laughing. She briefly wondered why they were so happy but dismissed it almost immediately. She needed to think.

The minutes passed painfully slow. Amy felt as if an hour had passed when Knuckles finally stood up and announced that he was going to leave. Rouge left soon after. Normally Amy would have been ecstatic if she and Sonic had been alone with the remains of a picnic at sunset, but not now—she still hadn’t thought of a way to get rid of Sonic for a few hours.
Sonic: “Amy, are you okay?” He asked, looking both awkward at being alone with her and concerned because she must’ve been acting weirdly.

Amy: “What?...Oh yeah, I’m fine.”

Sonic didn’t look like he believed her.

Sonic: “Are you sure?”

He asked while folding up the picnic blanket. He handed it to Amy and she stuffed that and the rest of the food in the picnic basket. He swung the picnic basket over his shoulder.

Amy: “Yeah I’m fine.” She assured him.

Sonic: “At least let me walk you home.”

Amy: “No that’s all—” She broke off, an idea suddenly popped into her head. “That would be perfect.”


As soon as they arrived at Amy’s house she wasted no time to swing open the door and invite him in.
Sonic: “I really shouldn’t…”

Amy: “Please.” Amy begged. “Just one drink.”

Sonic sighed and walked in.

Amy: “Would you like soda or tequila?”

Sonic: “Uh a Coke please.”

Amy: “’Kay.”

She went into the kitchen and opened the top cabinet and noisily took out two cups before quietly opening the very bottom drawer. She thanked her rarely lucky stars that she had some left over sleeping medicine. Good thing I haven’t used the last of it, Amy thought. She filled both their cups with Coke and then added the last couple of drops to Sonic’s glass.

Amy handed him his glass.

Sonic: “Thanks”

Amy: “No problem,” she muttered.

The effects were instant. Sonic’s face contorted and when he stood up, he swayed. His glass slipped out of his hand and smashed into a million shards.

Sonic: “Ame…I don feel so….gooood…” he slurred through the sentence.

Amy looked at him in shame.

Amy: “I’m sorry” she whispered.

His brow wrinkled as if he didn’t understand, which, Amy guessed, he didn’t. She decided to explain.

Amy: “I’m sorry,” she repeated. “While you and Knuckles were fighting, your phone rang. Someone called for you, said they had Tails and if you didn’t come alone and unarmed then they’d kill Tails.”

Sonic’s eyes widened with each words.

Amy: “I know you’d save him, but I can’t let you go alone!” she said defensively. “Whoever called wants you alone and he’s going to kill you, Sonic, and I couldn’t live with my self if anything happens to you.”

Sonic looked in utter horror as Amy placed her glass on the coffee table and made way for the door.

Sonic: “Don…do…this…” Sonic collapsed on the couch.

Amy’s resolve wavered, but a second later Sonic lay fast asleep.

Amy: “I’m sorry,” she whispered and closed the door.

Metal Sonic: “Are you sure that Sonic will come? It obviously a trap.”

Metal Sonic asked a shadowy figure in the corner.

Shadow: “Don’t worry—he’ll come.”

Metal Sonic glanced at Tails. His look of horror seemed to confirm Shadow’s theory.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment